Lanham, MD
Students enrolled: 1,648

Duval High School 3

Posted August 27, 2014
I am a student that currently attends duval. It is not a bad school in all honesty. People talk down on the school & don't know what actually goes on. The teachers, well most, are very helpful and willing to set you up for success. I am class of 2016 and so far I think it's a great school.

Duval High School 3

Posted January 28, 2014
If your child is motivated, a hard worker, mature, and not susceptible to peer pressure and being more interested in social issues than they are in academic issues, then this is a great school! In any of the Advanced Placement or similar more rigorous academic classes and upper-level english, math, and science classes - these kids and teachers work hard and its wonderful. BUT if your child get's lost in the numbers, struggles academically, has an IEP, or has other problems, then Duval may be a real challenge. Just pray that they get through high school at all! Unfortunately, this largely depends on you as a parent being involved and diligent - especially if your child is not self motivated. But isn't that what our job is as parents anyway? I just which Duval High School could help parents - but they don't; they can't. We had to find a cheap private school to survive.

Posted February 03, 2010

Posted November 09, 2009

Posted October 10, 2009

Posted September 19, 2009
This school is not as bad as it seems. Most people that talk about Duval never walked into the building or have engaged in a conversation with some of our students. Duval has excellent teachers who actually care. There are things that goes on in Duval just like every other school. People always seem to always find negative things to say about Duval but what they fail to mention may surprise you. Duval High School Cheerleaders won Counties last year, Art work from our students has been in many showcases, and that our mock trail team only lost one match. So there is alot that Duval can offer. Your child has to be a leader and not a follower, and be responsible enough to make good decisions.

Posted April 29, 2009
Duval has come a long way -- I am a parent on the PTSA -- Duval's parents and teachers are playing a very active role in the kids education. Mr. Miller, the Principal, is also very active in the PTSA, he shows up for most of the meetings and provide information on what is going on at school and plans for the future, if he cannot make it, he ask one of his vice principals to be present. The PTSA received an award for the most new members -- this award will be presented this May (2009). Duval should now be rated a 4.

Posted March 21, 2009

Posted February 09, 2009

Duval High School 0

Posted January 16, 2009
As DuVal Alumni I can honestly say that when entering DuVal fall of 2002 I felt the same about it as most of you who have mentioned all of these bad things. But that was before I got involved. After getting used to my environment I got involved ani realized the rumors were just that RUMORS!!! I loved DuVal . I joined yearbook staff and the Spanish National Honors Society. Its just terrible how people just throw my school under the bus like that. I've visited a few times after graduation and its getting more diverse. L. Jackson

Duval High School
9880 Good Luck Rd, Lanham, MD  20706
Last modified Duval High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Duval High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top