Bad
Good

I love thomas johnson reguardless how bad everyone thinks it is because we are like family we look up to are teachers and we may not get along but hey whos perfect thomas johson is a good school that has high standards.

I was a little skeptical about my child attending Thomas Johnson due to some of the negative reviews and rating i've read; however, I have been nothing less than pleased with the educators and staff. I try to get involved as much as possible as well as visit the classrooms. Parent involvement is the key to a child's success regardless of the ratings that appear on this site.

Thomas Johnson is a good school. Sure it has some challenges but the principal and most of the teachers have a good rapport with the students. My child has been a student there for 2 years with this being the year that she graduates. I met with each of her teachers and found them to be very interested in their students learning experience at the school. There is an excellent band teacher there at that school. Any parent who has or have had a student in band class may vouch for this statement. Also there are great English, History and Math teachers there. Perhaps the county may provide additional assistance to a school that tries so desperately to produce future leaders. I am a proud parent of a student at Thomas Johnson Middle School in Lanham.

My daughter has been at Thomas Johnson for only 3 months and she has met alot of great teachers and new friends, she is on the honor roll and a part of a great girls basketball team, I am proud to say I am a parent of a student at Thomas Johnson.

Last modified Thomas Johnson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.