Lanham, MD

Posted April 07, 2010
I love thomas johnson reguardless how bad everyone thinks it is because we are like family we look up to are teachers and we may not get along but hey whos perfect thomas johson is a good school that has high standards.

Posted February 08, 2010

Thomas Johnson Middle School 1

Posted February 11, 2009

Posted March 28, 2008
I was a little skeptical about my child attending Thomas Johnson due to some of the negative reviews and rating i've read; however, I have been nothing less than pleased with the educators and staff. I try to get involved as much as possible as well as visit the classrooms. Parent involvement is the key to a child's success regardless of the ratings that appear on this site.

Thomas Johnson Middle School 0

Posted March 26, 2008
Thomas Johnson is a good school. Sure it has some challenges but the principal and most of the teachers have a good rapport with the students. My child has been a student there for 2 years with this being the year that she graduates. I met with each of her teachers and found them to be very interested in their students learning experience at the school. There is an excellent band teacher there at that school. Any parent who has or have had a student in band class may vouch for this statement. Also there are great English, History and Math teachers there. Perhaps the county may provide additional assistance to a school that tries so desperately to produce future leaders. I am a proud parent of a student at Thomas Johnson Middle School in Lanham.

Posted February 28, 2008

Posted December 06, 2006
My daughter has been at Thomas Johnson for only 3 months and she has met alot of great teachers and new friends, she is on the honor roll and a part of a great girls basketball team, I am proud to say I am a parent of a student at Thomas Johnson.

Thomas Johnson Middle School 2

Posted October 26, 2006

Posted September 13, 2006
My son and i came to the school for the first time on 9/11 06 atthomas johnson middle everyone came out of there offices and said hello and welcomed my child to the school i have never felt so welcomed before at any school

Posted June 18, 2006
My son just graduated from TJ. He had a successful two years with no major issues. I did notice however the school was very overcrowded his last year (8th grade). The majority of the teachers seem to be sincerely concerned with the students well being. There are some sprinkled here and there that are just there to get a check. The curriculum could use more of a challenge but overall the school is decent based on the resources they have been given by the county.

Thomas Johnson Middle School
5401 Barker Place, Lanham, MD  20706
Last modified Thomas Johnson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas Johnson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top