Perrywood Elementary School

Public | K-5

Posted April 22, 2014

My child and I had the worst experience at Perrywood. I can speak against all the teachers but specifically 2nd grade and the administration failed repeatedly to meet the core standards of the PG County school system.

Posted April 18, 2014

The school is great. The principal and her staffs are doing a good job. Thanks to the PTA for being so involve

Posted October 8, 2013

My school is great, the teachers are good with the kids, the parents are getting more involve and the student are doing what they need to do to succeed.

Posted March 6, 2013

I currently have a grandson attending Perrywood Elementary and I give this school nothing but praise. His brother is a recent graduate and didnot fare as well as we had hoped, but that was his doing. The principal, vice-principal, teaching staff, food service employees, as well as the maintenance staff, I made it my business to get acquainted. As a concerned parent or grandparent, it takes the ENTIRE village to make the needed difference.

Posted January 27, 2013

My daughter's experience has been great at Perrywood because my husband and I have been involved. The PTA is AWESOME!!! It's no secret that there are great concerns with finding great educators. They are dealing with children/parents that challenge them emotionally. We understand that every teacher is not equipped to teach every child. Unfortunately it's this way. We stay involved and we let the teacher know that we have their back. We all love our children and want the best for them. I had an experience with one teacher in 3rd grade because she did not know how to deal with a child that was bullying my child. We got with the principal and teacher to make sure our child was able to attend school without being worried about the bully. Pick your battles. I love my daughter just like any parent love their child. All children should be loved. I love Perrywood. We reap what we sow. We so love, understanding and care. We get that back. I hope this will help someone not only at Perrywood but at any other public or private school. Peace

Posted May 13, 2012

School is good but a particular Grade 3 teacher is terrible.If your child is put in her class(you will find out),please,please request for another teacher.A parent warned me when my kid was put in her class,I did not listen.Now I am regretting it.

Posted December 3, 2009

My son is in kindergarten this year at Perrywood and his teacher (Dr. Boston) is AWESOME. She has a passion for teaching and children. She really challenges the children in the area of reading and spelling. The kindergartens will have a strong reading foundation when they go to the first grade. They also have a active PTA.

Posted November 17, 2009

I am a parent at Perrywood elementary school. I love the school. My son used to be in private school but now in perrywood. Mrs. Jamison is my son teacher in second grade, she is very good. The principal is graet. I My expectations are very high and the school met all our expectations. I pray that the school will not change. Less i forget the PTA president and all parents are doing marvelous job. Kudos.

Posted October 16, 2009

I attended this school and just graduated last year excellent teachers and an excellent principal and you can come to the guidence Ms.Page about anything I reccomend this school to any child I graduated with a 4.0 GPA Excellent Academic Ciriculum overall grat school
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 26, 2009

I really like Perrywood Elementry school. My daughter's teacher, Mrs. Wilson took her time with the kids and worked really hard with their development. I hope that she continues to receive the same care and devotion to learning from her new 1st grade teacher Mrs. Bradley.

Posted August 9, 2009

I think the school itself doesn't take time out to help the kids that are following behind. The parent has to go to the school board and go to the school every day in order for the staff to stay on top of their game.

Posted June 3, 2009

I am very pleased with the level of instruction that my son has received this school year in Kindergarten. His teacher (Dr. Boston) has done an exceptional job with him and I look forward to the challenges of First Grade. Way to go Perrywood Elementary School!!!

Posted April 8, 2009

I have really been impressed with the level of instruction my child has received in Kindergarten. He is reading well above grade level and parent concerns regarding class sizes were heard and adjustments were made. The PTA and parent involvement has been great from what I have seen.

Posted May 28, 2008

Perrywood Elementary School is by far one of the best schools in Prince George's County. I am pleased and grateful to the Principal for her devotion to her staff and to the children. My child came from a private school background and has continued to excel academically, emotionally and socially. This is a result of the love and care that I find to be exhibited by each and every staff person my child has come in contact with. I look forward to a new 2008-2009 school year.

Posted May 28, 2008

I am so thankful for the administrative leadership and teachers at Perrywood Elementary. Like many other parents, my husband and I transferred our son from a private school to Perrywood. Since then, we've been impressed with the dedication of the teachers, who most often are still in the classrooms working well into the evening hours each day. The principal (Carolyn Poole) does an excemptional job and surely has a heart for her position. We look forward to continuing our son's education at Perrywood Elementary.

Posted May 14, 2008

Perrywood Elementary school is under great leadership and has excellent teachers. I highly recommend it! The key to a great school is parent participation, teachers who care and work with the children despite their shortcomings and a student who wants to learn. We've had all of this and love the experience so far at Perrywood. I would love to see more afterschool activities/clubs -- Mad Science, foreign languages, chess, etc.

Posted February 20, 2008

Despite some of the derogatory comments on Prince George s Public Schools, I must say I have thankful to have chosen a great public school as Perrywood Elementary. Prior my daughter attending Perrywood, she was in a private school. She has continously maintained as an Honor Roll students each quarter. She has been accepted into the MD Talented and Gifted Program and now nominated into the National Young Scholars Program. I am ecstatic and very appreciative of my daughter excelling in her academics. Nevertheless, I am grateful for her to have an outstanding wonderful teacher(Ms. Howell)who knowledge her achievements in academics which is a rarity seen in some teachers.

Posted January 24, 2008

My husband and I recently transferred our son to Perrywood from a private school and at first we had our doubts. I am happy to say that we have been very impressed with this school, and we look forward to him furthering his education in this environment.

Posted July 20, 2007

Perrywood Elementary School is outstanding! We met or exceeded all of our academic goals for the school year 06-07. Like many others, I am very glad to be a part of the Perrywood family.

Posted August 20, 2005

Perrywood Elementary School is one of the better schools in Prince Georges County. I truly believe that the faculty and administration at Perrywood has an interest in ensuring the best from the children of that school. My daughter attended kindergarten there last year. She had a wonderful, energetic teacher who enjoyed teaching, like most of the teachers at Perrywood. I am very optimistic about her coming first grade year. I am very active when it comes to the education of my children. I stay involved in their activities and I keep the lines of communication open between everyone that I encounter at the school, which includes teachers, administrators, and other parents. Parents must be extremely proactive when it comes to their children education no matter which school their child attends. We must seek information and not wait for it to come to us. The school does need more extracurricular activities.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

128 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

128 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

107 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

107 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2013.

110 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

110 students were tested at this school in 2013.

>=95%

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

111 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 38%N/A42%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

501 Watkins Park Dr