PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted February 06, 2014
PCA is a great school! My son attended the school for 4 years. I took him out only because we moved to another state. During that time, he was challenged, motivated and encouraged to do and be his best. The parents during that time were very involved with the school and we helped work with the faculty and teachers to ensure our students' success. I was impressed with the traditional and non-traditional teaching styles. The teachers held advanced degrees and it showed. My son is now teaching others. I believe the education and care received during his years at Progressive are partially responsible.

Posted July 31, 2013
Do not let it fool you. I place two of my children in this school for the summer program. A lot of the staff where children and young adults. The only thing my children did was watch tv. And go to a dollars movie and I forgot, they went to the local pool every Friday that I had to pay an extra cost out side of my 2 175$ activity fee. They did not go and see all the new movies that came out this summer. And the only real field trip my chdren attended was the new museum. They told me they would have computer class, dance, etc. what they got where young children teaching the class and there where no computers. Do not waste your time. Find progressive at another school.

Posted April 08, 2013
Progressive is NOT in the business to take your money. I have been a Progressive parent for some time, and now that my child is in the Student Support Service, I have absolutely NO trouble making payments. They based the tuition on my family's individual need and I am sure they will do the same thing for you. Progressive truly provides a Christ-Centered, Quality, AFFORDABLE education.

Posted April 08, 2013
The academics at Progressive are great - very rigorous and challenging. Support is very good as well, teachers are accessible by e-mail and phone. My child was enrolled in a public school before and came home every evening without having been taught what was needed to complete his homework. It was a shame. When I looked at Progressive and finally decided to enroll, I had an entirely different experience. I love Progressive, I would encourage you to learn more about Progressive.

Posted April 04, 2013
Progressive Christian Academy is the best private institution for our family. My children would have never gotten the Christian academic training they have today if it wasn't for the Academy.

Posted June 26, 2009
I have been a Progressive Christian Academy parent for 9 years. The school always boast great, caring and loving teachers but the administration has brought it down. The last two years were not at all great, with school year 2008-2009 being the most trying during my 9 years. Staff turn over is extremely high especially in the middle/high school, during the past school year a couple of teachers left during the school year, not good!!!! . Every school year parents and students have to get used to new teachers. All in all I would rate 4 stars for the teachers who in my opinion are dedicated and strive to bring out the best in our children. Our family has been blessed with great teachers over the years but with such a poor adminstration the teachers are unable to function at they full potential.

Progressive Christian Day & Preparatory Academy

Posted April 15, 2009
my child is currently enrolled at PCA and I believe it is a wonderful school. I am a picky parent and went around to numerous schools trying to find the right fit for me and my son. I am happy with the care and education he is recieving. He has learned so much and enjoys going there. That means the world to me. I have read some bad reviews about this school that caused me to have some reservations at first. But the reviews are wrong..at least the negative ones. I have not seen anything bad happening at the school. Just come to the school and take a look...ask to sit in with the class your child would be in and I am sure you will feel the same. They have small class sizes and can make sure your child achieves to the best of his or her ability.

Progressive Christian Day & Preparatory Academy 4

Posted September 06, 2008
I enrolled my child at PCA this year in the Pre-K program. So far so good. The teachers are enthusiastic and they keep the children engaged. It is a freindly enviornment and they are advanced at teaching the kids. For example the PK program has vtech laptops on the Pre-K students supply list. Great stuff.

Posted October 04, 2007
PCA would be a good school. May daughter went there about two years ago and she learned nothing. I didn't feel that she was truly taught until I took her out of that school. But, still this day, I say I wish it was a better school because my daughter is religious and she misses the togetherness of the teachers and students from when she went there. It would be the perfect school if the administration is changed. Try changing the leadership and the high turnover and maybe people would consider enrolling their children. - Y.

Progressive Christian Day & Preparatory Academy
610 Largo Road, Largo, MD  20774
Last modified Progressive Christian Day & Preparatory Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12