Bad
Good

This school is the most horrible school my son has attended!! Teachers are horrible, they don't take their time to explain anything in school, everyday my son comes home it's a problem because they don't explain his homework to him.. My son has never had problems like this at any of his schools!

I am a mother of two children in SHES and I really love the school, if the parents we got involved more, and did not think that teachers are the ones who have to do everything I think we would see better results, teachers are trained and the school has very good extracurricular activities. The PTO is amazing have given good service!

I am a grandmother of a kindergarten student. The first day was impressive from signing in to meeting the teacher to the beautiful hospitality that was shown to all parents. My grand daughter said they do many things in class and she can't wait to use the computers. We are looking to begin a great year with Scotchtown Hills.

You would be hard pressed to find a school of this caliber in other places in the county. I have worked in 5 schools, this being my fifth and I can promise you this is the BEST of the 5. PTO is excellent, after school activities are plentiful, and the staff works hard. Some parents are not the best role models and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...so their children don't come to school prepared or with the right attitude to even learn. But the staff does the best they can with these parents and their kids and in other schools where I've taught that would NOT happen. The principal is helpful as is the office staff and overall, it is a great school!

SHES is a Great school..... My Grandson whom had issues in school due to lack of attending school where he use to live where he had missed approx. 30 days of school now living and attending in PG Co, he has gone from a problem child reading below his grade level and time his teacher Ms Simms "first grade" Finished he was reading above his grade level, now he is in 2nd grade he has made Honor Roll both quarters and Perfect Attendance every quarter as well as Good Citizen, none of this would had been possible with out us all working together...Thanks to everyone forming a little boy.

I have four children in this school (well 3 now, one just graduated today). It's the best elementary school they have been to, by far. Sure, there are some teachers that are not the greatest, but hey, there are some PEOPLE that are not the greatest. All in all I like the school, the extracurricular activities are great, the Special Education staff is WONDERFUL!!!, and it's generally a friendly and caring school.

This school is wonderful. There are so many extra- curricular activities! My child is in band, and two after school activities. The teachers work very hard with their students and it shows in the quality of work my child brings home. I really enjoy coming to this school's activities for the family. My 3 year old loved the Ice Cream Social!

I love SHES. I have worked in another school in the county and have plenty of friends in other schools and by far we have the hardest working staff. We are there for the children. Many of us are at SHES more than 10 hours a day and then take work home. Why? Do we have to because our contract says so.....no because we love what we do and we love our students. If you are not sure if you agree.....I invite you to come in and spend a day with us, volunteer weekly and see how you can help to make us even stronger! You will be a believer!

Last modified Scotchtown Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.