Posted September 09, 2013
I am a mother of two children in SHES and I really love the school, if the parents we got involved more, and did not think that teachers are the ones who have to do everything I think we would see better results, teachers are trained and the school has very good extracurricular activities. The PTO is amazing have given good service!

Posted August 25, 2013
I am a grandmother of a kindergarten student. The first day was impressive from signing in to meeting the teacher to the beautiful hospitality that was shown to all parents. My grand daughter said they do many things in class and she can't wait to use the computers. We are looking to begin a great year with Scotchtown Hills.

Posted May 15, 2013
You would be hard pressed to find a school of this caliber in other places in the county. I have worked in 5 schools, this being my fifth and I can promise you this is the BEST of the 5. PTO is excellent, after school activities are plentiful, and the staff works hard. Some parents are not the best role models and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...so their children don't come to school prepared or with the right attitude to even learn. But the staff does the best they can with these parents and their kids and in other schools where I've taught that would NOT happen. The principal is helpful as is the office staff and overall, it is a great school!

Posted March 01, 2013
SHES is a Great school..... My Grandson whom had issues in school due to lack of attending school where he use to live where he had missed approx. 30 days of school now living and attending in PG Co, he has gone from a problem child reading below his grade level and time his teacher Ms Simms "first grade" Finished he was reading above his grade level, now he is in 2nd grade he has made Honor Roll both quarters and Perfect Attendance every quarter as well as Good Citizen, none of this would had been possible with out us all working together...Thanks to everyone forming a little boy.

Scotchtown Hills Elementary School 4

Posted June 16, 2011
I have four children in this school (well 3 now, one just graduated today). It's the best elementary school they have been to, by far. Sure, there are some teachers that are not the greatest, but hey, there are some PEOPLE that are not the greatest. All in all I like the school, the extracurricular activities are great, the Special Education staff is WONDERFUL!!!, and it's generally a friendly and caring school.

Posted December 15, 2009

Scotchtown Hills Elementary School 0

Posted May 27, 2009
This school is wonderful. There are so many extra- curricular activities! My child is in band, and two after school activities. The teachers work very hard with their students and it shows in the quality of work my child brings home. I really enjoy coming to this school's activities for the family. My 3 year old loved the Ice Cream Social!

Posted May 27, 2009
I love SHES. I have worked in another school in the county and have plenty of friends in other schools and by far we have the hardest working staff. We are there for the children. Many of us are at SHES more than 10 hours a day and then take work home. Why? Do we have to because our contract says so.....no because we love what we do and we love our students. If you are not sure if you agree.....I invite you to come in and spend a day with us, volunteer weekly and see how you can help to make us even stronger! You will be a believer!

Scotchtown Hills Elementary School 2

Posted March 04, 2009

Scotchtown Hills Elementary School 4

Posted July 06, 2006
I have to be honest, our principal does not need anyone defending her, but come on. This was her first year and from a teacher's viewpoint, she did the best she could. I am not saying that I understood some of her decisions or changes, but they seemed to be best for the school. Many of us were used to a former principal that was very laid back and kept his hands out of the fire. Our new principal is not content with that style of management. She wants to get her hands dirty, she wants to try and do what is best for everyone involved. I would love to see her critics try to take her place for just one day. I don't know many, or any, that would have the courage. Give her a chance.

Scotchtown Hills Elementary School
15950 Dorset Rd, Laurel, MD  20707
Last modified Scotchtown Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scotchtown Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.