Laurel, MD
Before care: Yes

Bond Mill Elementary School 4

Posted November 19, 2014
I too heard great things about BMES and was excited for my daughter to begin. Mr. Fitzgerald is an example of what a principal should be...he's respectful, energetic, and yes he knows most, if not all, of the kids by name. Like any school, BMES has a mix of seasoned (more than 10 years experience) and green (less than 5 years experience) teaching staff who are invested in teaching and student success, but as a parent you definitely have to stay involved in order for your child to reach their full potential.

Posted June 30, 2014
Bond mill is a great school, the academic standard is superb, teachers are hardworking and ready to work with kids, very courteous staff. The principal Mr. Fitzgerald is awesome, he is so involved in the success of the kids and school as a whole.My son was there for kindergatten and he had a nice time but we had to move so he would not be resuming with 1st grade. We will surely miss the school and the staff. Best Elementary school in PG County!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted September 05, 2013
Bond Mill is AMAZING. I share custody (50/50) with my ex husband and he lives in the Bond Mill neighborhood. I drive from Baltimore half the week so that my son can attend this school. The teachers are all wonderful, Mr. Fitzgerald , the principal, is spectacular and the whole school community is everything you could ask for. I don't have one complaint about this school. Love it love it

Posted August 22, 2013
Hello all My daughter and nephew started at Bond Mill six month before the summer. We came from the Howard county area. My expectations were high due to bad expericences. I didn't know what to expect because I had heard some not so nice things about PG county school. Bond Mill was so welcoming! So user friendly. They encourage the parents participation. They embrace all cultures and I like having lunch with my daughter and helping when I can. I wanted to see better and I have. The teacher are great. The kids will stay. We were thinking of moving. I'm impressed! I'm not easily pleased and this school has proven itself. Thanks Ms. Johnson

Posted December 06, 2012
Both of my children attended Bond Mill, as did I long ago. It is still a good school and has even improved. The staff and teachers are very caring. My children had special medical issues. Everyone there looked out for my daughter and helped her learn to thrive with her challenges. In Kindergarten she was thoroughly taught how to make her surroundings safe. She gained a confidence I don't think I could have installed in her by myself. My son thrived as well. They both continue to get honor roll and take honors classes. They were well prepared for MLK middle by their 5th grade teacher. I am so grateful to everyone at Bond Mill. They not only do their jobs, but love them. And it shows. In the school and the students they teach. It has been a privilege to have my kids at Bond Mill.

Posted August 03, 2012
This will be my son's last year at Bond Mill. I know he's going to miss every one just as much as I will. His 4th grade teacher Mr. Haslup is an extremely remarkable person. His level of attention to each student and his patience should be bottled. If your looking for a great school that will be dedicated your childs development, Bond Mill is the way to go.

Posted June 07, 2012
Great school! Each morning (rain or shine) principal Fitzgerald greets my son by name and a high five at the entrance. From advanced spelling lists and reading groups to algebra and academic teams like Destination Imagination - he has been challenged and loves it. Our oldest son enjoyed a private elementary school education. But Bond Mill is easily comparable and probably a tad better.

Bond Mill Elementary School 0

Posted October 19, 2010
I love the teachers and thier devotions to the students. They work so hard in helping our children accomplish the goals for the year in a fun and desirable way.

Bond Mill Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
This is an awesome school with dedicated teachers, staff members and parents. They truly are committed to our students academic success as well as their physcial and mental well being .

Posted May 27, 2010
This is my son's first year at Bond Mill, we made the best decision by staying in Laurel. The principal, Mr. Fitzgerald is amazing. He is well loved by the students and staff. The teachers are great. I wish I could be my son's principle all the way up to 12th grade! The other great thing about this school is the parent participation.

Bond Mill Elementary School
16001 Sherwood Ave, Laurel, MD  20707
Last modified Bond Mill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bond Mill Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top