Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Montpelier Elementary School 1

Posted July 10, 2016
I'm in the military and my child only attended this school for Kindergarten. Four grades later, my child and I both still remember Montpelier Elementary as the worst educational facility with the most sub-par, lackluster staff. The Kindergarten teacher we had was inexperienced and she seemed to lack basic skills needed to interact with that age group. There was a "counselor" who was known throughout the community as a rude and offensive quack. The school nurse was horrible as well. The principal and assistant principal at the time were severely inactive and unmotivated, there may as well have been wet scabs sitting in those positions, however scabs would have been more effective. Hopefully major changes have been made since 2011. If not, PLEASE DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD IN THIS SCHOOL.

Grateful to: Student

Posted July 10, 2016
The only person I would thank is my child for being able to endure such apathetic and incompetent adults at such a young age

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 10, 2016
Fortunately my child was only at this school for one year. This is the worst teacher I've encountered thus far

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 10, 2016
The teacher my child had did not care about the emotional development of my child, consistently enforced consequences unfairly

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 10, 2016
My experience was my child's teacher was a lazy educator who expected all the children to behave as robots. A ridiculous color system was used for Kindergarteners who had "bad days" which had an adverse effect on multiple students

Montpelier Elementary School 2

Posted January 12, 2016
My experience with this school has been terrible. While there are some teachers that care, they are so stretched and overburdened that the average student doesn't get the attention they need. Even with a 504 in place, nothing is done unless the student is disruptive. Don't look for extra help because it doesn't exist. Even the principal doesn't respond and I've had to contact the PG County Administrative office to intervene. I'll be moving just to get out of this school district.

Posted March 03, 2015
The children and polite, engaged, challenged and encouraged to express their creative side. Very pleased.

Posted March 03, 2015
I love the Kindergarten curriculum. My daughter has been challenged this school year. I also love the Before and After care program.

Posted December 20, 2014
Excellent in all ways.. Students are smart, engaged & challenged... Diversity is a plus! One of PG County's shining stars... :)

Montpelier Elementary School 4

Posted November 18, 2014
My daughter attended this school from K-5. She was ahead and consistently tested ahead and I was concerned that she wasn't being challenged until she tested into the tag program. At that point she was put in an accelerated program and she was definitely challenged. Upon leaving the school and entering a math and I.T. middle school she tested 2 grade levels up in math. She is currently in 8th grade taking 10th grade math and 9th grade science. I think this is because of her education at this school. There are certain staff members that could be nicer but the education my child received was fantastic. There are also some aggressive parents. People look down on PG county schools but my daughter us currently in class with children who went to private elementary schools and she is doing just as well as them if not better.

9200 Muirkirk Rd, Laurel, MD  20708
Last modified Montpelier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.