Laurel, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted November 19, 2014
My son is in PK-4 at First Baptist and we are having a great experience. He is already trying to read. The teachers are great, there is great communication with teachers and parent. I am extremely happy with our decision to enroll him here.

Posted July 07, 2014
My child is a former student of this school, and one of the best parenting decisions I made was pulling her out of this place. To say that the leadership is poor would be an understatement. The only reason I gave one star is because I couldn't give less. The teachers for the most part are very caring, nurturing, and loyal to their students. The administration, however, lacks what it takes to run a school. The Principal who has been there for several years now has managed to run the school into the ground. The enrollment looks like it has been cut in half since he took over. Do yourself a favor and go to another school in the area. Your child will get a better education for the same money.

Posted March 08, 2014
The school has gone through many improvements over the last couple of years and is currently in great shape. Faculty & Office staff changes have been made and the BJU-curiculum is used throughout all grades. Recently a PTO meeting was held to increase parental involvement and awareness. The facilities are excellent as the building is only 7-years old. It is worth checking out as tuition cost is comparable.

Posted September 24, 2013
First Baptist School has a very child friendly atmosphere. The principal Mr.Hudson is very open to parent concerns and takes strides to enhance the students' learning experience in every way possible despite budgetary constraints. Several teachers have been with the school for many years and are very experienced in their fields.

Posted September 01, 2013
This is good Christian school to attend. The price is quite reasonable for families who want an alternative to the public school system, especially in PG county. Their before & after care program is very affordable. The only concerns I have is I wish the school followed the PG school system in terms of start date, end date, and holidays.

Posted August 22, 2013
I can't say enough good things about the first baptist school of laurel. My children, in 3rd and 5th grade, have received a quality education that is strongly based on solid biblical truths. They have learned foundational academics but have also built character and grown spiritually. I am so happy that my children go to a school where prayer is not only allowed but strongly encouraged. I was hospitalized midway through the school year. This difficult experience was made bearable for my children through the love and support of the school. We have been truly blessed by our family's experience at FBSL.

Posted November 17, 2011
Horrible leadership. No enrichment programs. Curriculum is not challenging. For school year 2011-2012 the new principal changed the curriculum, lunch program, uniform store, and discipline policy without giving proper notice to parents. The principal does recognize the educational needs of children about grade level. His wife teaches three classes Art, Music, and Media and together they are biased. If you want to go to a cheap school this is great, but for the education you get what you pay for. To say somthing positive the teachers are pretty good but are not supported by their principal.

Posted November 17, 2011
A new principal came to the school last year. The principal appears inexperienced. For the 2011-2012 school year the principal changed the curriculum, discipline policy, uniform store and lunch program. The uniform store Just 4 kids is terrible. All these changes were made after parents signed and paid re-enrollment fees for the 2011-2012 year which is unfair. The principal does not know how to deal with children below or above grade level especially those that need to be challenged. The school work is too easy similar to the public school system. The principal does not listen or trust his seasoned teachers and appear inflexible to changes that make sense. The teachers are good but can only do so much with a poor leader. Enrollment is low only 185 students and 12 total students are in middle school which is 6,7, and 8th grade. Only 6 students are in 5th grade. Need I say more do not enroll at this school there are better options out there. I heard similar compliants from other parents.

Posted September 06, 2011
To say the least, I was sorely disappointed with FBSL Middle School. The teachers were not hands on which I would have expected more of since there were only 4 eighth graders. The teachers have a responsibility to the students, if there is a problem to inquire with the student and parent to resolve learning issues. I was not aware of any issues until my son received his report card. When I inquire with the teachers about their responsibility in ensuring that my son comprehended what he was learning and receiving an unfavorable grade, their response was "No, but I should have". So basically they just graded him unfavorably and never inquired if he understood what was being taught. I would not recommend this school until they changed their processes.

Posted July 09, 2011
This is an excellent Christ-centered school. After attending several other area private schools, this one has been the absolute best choice for our family. The school leadership is quick to resolve any concerns that may come up. I agree, however, that the afternoon pick-up proceedure can be frustrating. All in all, we couldn't be happier with this school.

First Baptist School Of Laurel
15002 First Baptist Lane, Laurel, MD  20707
Last modified First Baptist School Of Laurel is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
First Baptist School Of Laurel Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top