PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Our son was a shy just turned 5-year-old when he started at this school. He was way ahead of his grade mates in terms of reading and math. He could have jumped to 1st grade if not for the age and social maturity level. The teachers and the school made sure he was given more challenging work to do in order not to get him bored. FBSL is safe and family oriented school. They don't make things overly complicated. Needless to say, our son still attends FBSL and he is now in the 6th grade he is blossoming very well. Our daughter who is also in a similar situation as he was is now enrolled in Kindergarten and she is loving it.

My daughter is in PK-4 at First Baptist and we are having a good experience. Everyday she informs me of something new that she has learned e.g.curriculum, Bible Scripture and songs. The before care and aftercare staff are friendly. Overall, an excellent school.

I love First Baptist and certainly feel that this is a good match for my child. I've seen how effective the administration is, especially having been here a long time through the old management now into the new, and the improvements are great. The teachers are changing curriculum to stay up to date and even the grading system has been revamped. FB is an awesome school and the small classes are a plus when my child needs a little extra attention.

My son is in PK-4 at First Baptist and we are having a great experience. He is already trying to read. The teachers are great, there is great communication with teachers and parent. I am extremely happy with our decision to enroll him here.

My child is a former student of this school, and one of the best parenting decisions I made was pulling her out of this place. To say that the leadership is poor would be an understatement. The only reason I gave one star is because I couldn't give less. The teachers for the most part are very caring, nurturing, and loyal to their students. The administration, however, lacks what it takes to run a school. The Principal who has been there for several years now has managed to run the school into the ground. The enrollment looks like it has been cut in half since he took over. Do yourself a favor and go to another school in the area. Your child will get a better education for the same money.

The school has gone through many improvements over the last couple of years and is currently in great shape. Faculty & Office staff changes have been made and the BJU-curiculum is used throughout all grades. Recently a PTO meeting was held to increase parental involvement and awareness. The facilities are excellent as the building is only 7-years old. It is worth checking out as tuition cost is comparable.

First Baptist School has a very child friendly atmosphere. The principal Mr.Hudson is very open to parent concerns and takes strides to enhance the students' learning experience in every way possible despite budgetary constraints. Several teachers have been with the school for many years and are very experienced in their fields.

This is good Christian school to attend. The price is quite reasonable for families who want an alternative to the public school system, especially in PG county. Their before & after care program is very affordable. The only concerns I have is I wish the school followed the PG school system in terms of start date, end date, and holidays.

I can't say enough good things about the first baptist school of laurel. My children, in 3rd and 5th grade, have received a quality education that is strongly based on solid biblical truths. They have learned foundational academics but have also built character and grown spiritually. I am so happy that my children go to a school where prayer is not only allowed but strongly encouraged. I was hospitalized midway through the school year. This difficult experience was made bearable for my children through the love and support of the school. We have been truly blessed by our family's experience at FBSL.

Horrible leadership. No enrichment programs. Curriculum is not challenging. For school year 2011-2012 the new principal changed the curriculum, lunch program, uniform store, and discipline policy without giving proper notice to parents. The principal does recognize the educational needs of children about grade level. His wife teaches three classes Art, Music, and Media and together they are biased. If you want to go to a cheap school this is great, but for the education you get what you pay for. To say somthing positive the teachers are pretty good but are not supported by their principal.

Last modified First Baptist School Of Laurel is a Private school that serves grades PK-8