Forest Ridge Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 17, 2015
They are extremely prejudice! They don't care about minorities. I hope they fire the principal!!!!!

Forest Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted June 17, 2015
PREDJUICE!!!!!! Don't do it!!!!!! Worst experience ever!!!!!!!!!! So glad my daughter is gone now!! Principal should be fired!

Posted May 28, 2015
This school is FANTASTIC! Not only are the staff top notch, the community that surrounds "the Ridge" are great too. Three of my four girls attend currently and I wouldn't move for anything!

Posted May 16, 2015
I have a first grader at Forest Ridge who has been doing really well since she entered last year in Kindergarten. She was already very advanced in reading when she entered and her teachers have consistently been pushing her to reach her full potential. Very early on she was grouped according to her reading ability and according to math ability (in a separate group meeting with a different teacher), so it's clear to us that FRES teachers really care about their little learners and are doing their best to help them excel by offering appropriate teaching material. My daughter loves all of her teachers. The PTA is also very active. I am pleased to see the school's rating at 7 this year up from a 6. I couldn't understand why the rating had dipped so low because our experiences have always been quite good. I expect the rating to continue to rise based on what we've seen!

Posted April 23, 2015
I love this school! My daughter was really behind in learning, but as soon as she came here she went sky high!!! I just love the teacher they are a really big help.

Posted August 30, 2014
Our family loves this school. The teachers are very involved. The education they provide is outstanding!!

Posted July 30, 2014
My children and I love Forest Ridge. The teachers are outstanding, highly motivating while making learning fun. They do an excellent job of bringing together lessons from all subjects into creative programs and projects. The PTA is wonderful, an energic and dedicated group who sponsor many activities for the students.

Posted May 21, 2014
Forest Ridge is a phenomenal school. I have been so impressed with the staff and teachers this year and would highly recommend this school to anyone. We moved here at the beginning of the school year and I was concerned how my children would acclimate.The school has exceeded my expectations in every way. I am greeted daily by my daughter's special education teacher and my other daughter has thrived in her GT classes. Forest Ridge is a gem and I would not let the score of 6 out of 10 deter any parent from choosing to live in the surrounding neighborhood.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 10, 2013
My daughter loves FRES! The PTA is great and very active. The administration and teachers are nice and welcoming. My daughter is in her 3rd year and really enjoys her school. We both enjoy the after school activities and G/T programs offered.

Posted August 22, 2013
My child loves Forest Ridge! The school is so warm and welcoming, and morale and school spirit are high. The academics have been great so far (through second grade), with advanced G/T type offerings/activities as young as kindergarten. The PTA sponsors so many wonderful activities too. The on-site Howard County Parks and Rec before- and after-care is great too - also very friendly.

Forest Ridge Elementary School
9550 Gorman Rd, Laurel, MD  20723
Last modified Forest Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Ridge Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top