Laurel, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted August 30, 2014
Our family loves this school. The teachers are very involved. The education they provide is outstanding!!

Posted July 30, 2014
My children and I love Forest Ridge. The teachers are outstanding, highly motivating while making learning fun. They do an excellent job of bringing together lessons from all subjects into creative programs and projects. The PTA is wonderful, an energic and dedicated group who sponsor many activities for the students.

Posted May 21, 2014
Forest Ridge is a phenomenal school. I have been so impressed with the staff and teachers this year and would highly recommend this school to anyone. We moved here at the beginning of the school year and I was concerned how my children would acclimate.The school has exceeded my expectations in every way. I am greeted daily by my daughter's special education teacher and my other daughter has thrived in her GT classes. Forest Ridge is a gem and I would not let the score of 6 out of 10 deter any parent from choosing to live in the surrounding neighborhood.

Posted September 10, 2013
My daughter loves FRES! The PTA is great and very active. The administration and teachers are nice and welcoming. My daughter is in her 3rd year and really enjoys her school. We both enjoy the after school activities and G/T programs offered.

Posted August 22, 2013
My child loves Forest Ridge! The school is so warm and welcoming, and morale and school spirit are high. The academics have been great so far (through second grade), with advanced G/T type offerings/activities as young as kindergarten. The PTA sponsors so many wonderful activities too. The on-site Howard County Parks and Rec before- and after-care is great too - also very friendly.

Posted April 30, 2013
We moved to this school district from another state where both of my children attended private school. The transition was not easy as there were different curricula and expectations, as well as normal angst about meeting new neighbors and friends. However, the teachers and school counselor at Forest Ridge were very committed to helping my children through some rough spots and always welcomed my feedback, thoroughly addressing my concerns and genuinely caring for my childrens' well-being. The principal is approachable, reasonable and thorough. I have lived in 17 addresses in my life (fortunately my kids haven't!) and this is the first time I can say I do not want to ever move again. It's the first real sense of community I have ever felt and my children have embraced the neighborhood, school friends and withouth a doubt, love their teachers. Kudos to Mrs. Crawford, Mrs. Caha, Mrs. Chrzanowski, Mrs. Kruft, Mrs. Menck, Mrs. Rachael Schwartz and Principal Swartz! Thank you for being such an important part of my children's development.

Posted August 22, 2011
Two of my children attended K at FRES, and we love the school! The educators are enthusiastic, helpful and they keep the lines of communication open. Whenever I have a concern, I send an email to one of their teachers and the respond in a timely, courteous and professional manner. My children grew so much within the school year. We are all looking forward to first grade there! The PTA is also wonderful and I have had great interactions with other parents.

Forest Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted October 27, 2010
Unfortunately my child's experience at this school left us very disappointed with the staff and the principal leadership.

Posted April 15, 2010

Posted March 09, 2010
My son attended 1st, 2nd and part of 3rd grade at FRES and my stepson started Kindergarten there as well. The school is fantastic. The teachers we dealt with were great. The teachers truly care about a student's progress. We were sad to leave this school and the kids miss it very much.

Forest Ridge Elementary School
9550 Gorman Rd, Laurel, MD  20723
Last modified Forest Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Ridge Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top