Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted August 24, 2015
My son did very well his first year at Hammond as a kindergartener. What makes the school great is the high level of parent participation, the teachers (Ms. Braxton is AWESOME), and the positive reinforcement form of discipline (1-2-3 Magic), which we started using at home as well. My son is reading above grade level and there is a strong sense of community within the school.

Hammond Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 24, 2015
I think the 1-2-3 Magic system and "Tuffy Tickets" the school is using to showcase good behavior and honesty is very good. I appreciate how they give older elementary students more responsibility which also promotes a sense of integrity.

Posted March 30, 2015
This school is awesome. The principal is on top of things. She is at all the events and she is always available for the parents. I am very pleased with the quality of education that my kids are receiving at Hammond.

Posted March 30, 2015
Awesome school. The principal is on top of things. She is involved in all the events. I am very pleased with the quality of education my kids receive at Hammond.

Posted June 13, 2014
My kid loves the school, teachers, staff, and the Principal. I rate it 10 on 10 :)

Posted June 12, 2014
My daughter has been going to HES and I have been very very happy with her overall performance. I love the staff and teachers. They try to make the student do their level best. Very impressed overall!

Posted June 10, 2014
My child has been attending Hammond Elementary School for 2 years now and I feel that she is receiving an excellent education. The school has been in transition with a new Principal this year and extensive redistricting a few years ago, but I have had good experiences here so far. All of my child's teachers have been really willing to help her learn and the Vice Principal (Mr. Tark) is always friendly.

Posted May 01, 2014
This is my children's 2nd year at Hammond and they really enjoy going to this school. The teachers are all very friendly and willing to communicate any issues and progress as it occurs throughout the year. The music program is excellent and the class is very diverse in its student body. Each grade has different levels to allow your child to excel at their pace be it top of the class or at the back they will continue to improve. The school very much encourages parent volunteers and has a great PTA system. Being attached to the middle school is a bonus going forward and the school feels very safe and well mannered.

Posted June 05, 2013
Coming from AES K-2, I've been very pleased with my child's third grade year at HES-as it's such a pivotal year academically The entire third grade team has been excellent! They have been interactive from the start and proactive throughout the year in what works best for the children. The assistant principal, Mr. Tark, is also very involved with the children and approachable.

Posted April 02, 2013
Obviously a one-star ranking indicates a bias-slanted issue and AES (8) is ranked lower than HES (9) overall. Still both are very high and redistricting can be stressful. Regardless, as a military member who has lived all over, I had no intention of exposing my children to a public school education until I moved to Howard County. HES is top notch with great cultural diversity to prepare my children for the real world. The new VP is awesome! I'm content with having my children educated in Howard County. My sister is a professor and specializes in elementary education. She reviewed the numbers and found we have one of the best schools in one of the best districts nationwide. We frequently share programs with her and she found use of diverse lesson plans and techniques that push children to higher learning standards. I spoke with some military doctors who found humor with colleagues sending children to private schools when they could get a private school-equivalent education from most of the public schools in Howard or Montgomery County. If we don't get redistricted away from Atholton HS (rank=10) I will consider my kids lucky to get a public school eduction here.

Hammond Elementary School
8110 Aladdin Dr, Laurel, MD  20723
Last modified Hammond Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hammond Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top