Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We love Hammond Elementary. Amasing teachers who go above and beyond for the students. The ladies in the front office are very professional and always melcoming. Mrs. Partesi,the principal is always present in the school. My kids have a lot of respect for her. Engaging field trips connected to the curriculum. The seminar GT program is amazing so is the music program. A big thank you to Ms Baird for being an awesome 4th grade teacher!!!

My son did very well his first year at Hammond as a kindergartener. What makes the school great is the high level of parent participation, the teachers (Ms. Braxton is AWESOME), and the positive reinforcement form of discipline (1-2-3 Magic), which we started using at home as well. My son is reading above grade level and there is a strong sense of community within the school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I think the 1-2-3 Magic system and "Tuffy Tickets" the school is using to showcase good behavior and honesty is very good. I appreciate how they give older elementary students more responsibility which also promotes a sense of integrity.

This school is awesome. The principal is on top of things. She is at all the events and she is always available for the parents. I am very pleased with the quality of education that my kids are receiving at Hammond.

My kid loves the school, teachers, staff, and the Principal. I rate it 10 on 10 :)

My daughter has been going to HES and I have been very very happy with her overall performance. I love the staff and teachers. They try to make the student do their level best. Very impressed overall!

My child has been attending Hammond Elementary School for 2 years now and I feel that she is receiving an excellent education. The school has been in transition with a new Principal this year and extensive redistricting a few years ago, but I have had good experiences here so far. All of my child's teachers have been really willing to help her learn and the Vice Principal (Mr. Tark) is always friendly.

This is my children's 2nd year at Hammond and they really enjoy going to this school. The teachers are all very friendly and willing to communicate any issues and progress as it occurs throughout the year. The music program is excellent and the class is very diverse in its student body. Each grade has different levels to allow your child to excel at their pace be it top of the class or at the back they will continue to improve. The school very much encourages parent volunteers and has a great PTA system. Being attached to the middle school is a bonus going forward and the school feels very safe and well mannered.

Coming from AES K-2, I've been very pleased with my child's third grade year at HES-as it's such a pivotal year academically The entire third grade team has been excellent! They have been interactive from the start and proactive throughout the year in what works best for the children. The assistant principal, Mr. Tark, is also very involved with the children and approachable.

Obviously a one-star ranking indicates a bias-slanted issue and AES (8) is ranked lower than HES (9) overall. Still both are very high and redistricting can be stressful. Regardless, as a military member who has lived all over, I had no intention of exposing my children to a public school education until I moved to Howard County. HES is top notch with great cultural diversity to prepare my children for the real world. The new VP is awesome! I'm content with having my children educated in Howard County. My sister is a professor and specializes in elementary education. She reviewed the numbers and found we have one of the best schools in one of the best districts nationwide. We frequently share programs with her and she found use of diverse lesson plans and techniques that push children to higher learning standards. I spoke with some military doctors who found humor with colleagues sending children to private schools when they could get a private school-equivalent education from most of the public schools in Howard or Montgomery County. If we don't get redistricted away from Atholton HS (rank=10) I will consider my kids lucky to get a public school eduction here.

Last modified Hammond Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.