Bad
Good

My child use to attend Montgomery County schools an is now a new student to this school. So far the experience has been good. The school seems to be more organized than his previous school. His teachers have been very helpful and we are pleased with the kindness of the office staff and teachers. The PTA staff also plan very fun family activities and have been present in school when there are events held. So far we are very pleased with our experience.

This school was not in great shape some 3 years ago. However, every day the school is improving and the teachers are very nice and qualified.

This is great school and improving. I like the teachers they work very hard. I think parents should involve more in their child's school for betterment of the school in achiving.

We are very happy with the teachers and staff at Laurel Woods who are generally very positive and encouraging. The school offers a variety of supportive programs for children who are at both ends of the academic spectrum (Bridges, GT, etc..). The PTA has a very active core group who are dedicated to enrich the family's school experience.

Laurel Woods is a great school, the PTA is just outstanding. Great school of choice.

LWES is committed to excellence and education. I found the team of administrators, teachers and support staff very friendly and determined to engage the children academically and socially. The educational activities, classroom diversity and a learning enviroment was extremely successful for our son. BIG THANKS to 6th grade teachers especially, Ms. Merle that was a jewel and truly understood our son and was able to draw out the best. The PTA is extremely supportive of the academic programs and families of LWES. It was an honor to volunteer and serve this year.

I am very happy lwes parent who strongly believes that is a strong community based school with a very caring and excellent STAFF who believe in their students and give them praise whether good or bad . If you want a strong support base and top notch educators than you are at the right place. Thank you LWES!

I am a parent of a former student that attended LWES in the 06-07 school year. This is an excellent school. I loved how wonderfully nice the teachers there are. Excpecially Ms.Davis. I will be sending my 5 year old daughter there during the 08-09 school year, and I hope to keep her there. My oldest now attends MHMS, and once my youngest is old enough, she will attend MHMS, too.

I have 2 boys and one is in pre-k the other is in 3rd grade. When my 3rd grader started kindergarten it was one of the academically poor schools in Howard County but thanks to the efforts of the Principal and teachers like Mrs Mcwain, LWES is improving in its test scores, they still have some ways to go but I believe they will get there.

Last modified Laurel Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.