6-12|Private

Bad
Good

My son had demonstrated strong academic abilities through 5th grade but then, in middle school, his grades began to slip and his attitude turned very negative and confrontational. After trying everything I could think of for two years, I enrolled him at Leonard Hall Junior Naval Academy for 8th grade. By the end of the year, his grades were straight A's and he was winning merits for good behavior. I can't say enough about this school. Now he has made life long friends there and wouldn't leave for anything. LHJNA educates the entire child - academically, socially, ethically. The small class size and dedication of the teachers and staff can't be matched by the public school system.

My child has thrived in this school, the individualized attention has made a world of difference from public school. Not only is he getting excellent grades but he is proud of his accomplishments and has set goals for himself.

Wonderful school! I am so glad I made the decision to send my children to Leonard Hall Junior Naval Academy. Not only have there grades greatly improved but so have their attitudes. They tell me that they like the school better than public school and that it feels like they are going to school with family, and have more fun. They have been given the option to go back to public school but insist on staying.

My son asked that we remove him from public middle school and enroll at LHJNA. This was due to having to deal with "the animals", his quote, at Esperanza Middle School. After transferring to LHJNA his grades shot up. The staff is comitted to the school and students. The children are students there not just another body in a class room. With the small class size no child is lost in the shuffle. The tuition there is the best money I've ever spent.

LHJNA is a wonderful school. My son transferred there mid-year from a PG County public school and it made a huge difference. My son struggled academically because he was overly 'social', public schools handles this by either giving in school suspension or ignoring the problem. I always heard from all of my son's teachers that he was very smart and was an A student not living up to his potential. Well, at LHJNA he has become the A student with more discipline and he is still social. I would recommend anyone that has a child that needs a little more discipline and academic attention to consider LHJNA. They have a bus that can pick them up everyday and drop them off as far as Bowie!!! My only criticism... the lack of sports programs and foreign language options.

LHJNA is the finest school we have ever attended! The structure, small class size and focus on education as well as the leadership training is unequalled!

Last modified Leonard Hall Jr Naval Academy is a Private school that serves grades 6-12