Lexington Park, MD

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted June 12, 2015
My children learned that teachers can be flippant, unpredictable, and illogical. The students know which teacher are off the wall.

Spring Ridge Middle School 2

Posted June 12, 2015
Unless you are in the STEM Academy, don't bother with this school. If you can afford it, it is probably better to attend a private school. Most of these teachers are more worried about their union contract than you child's education and thus future. Look up Back to Basics and SOMD Public school teachers. for more information.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted June 12, 2015
It varies. There are good teachers there, some all right teachers and then there are the ones that really need to retire.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted June 12, 2015
It changes from year to year, but this year is stated that it would be less, because teachers graded homework on their own time and that was not allowed to happen during Back to Basics.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted June 12, 2015
I would rather not say why, but sifice it to say my child was trying to obtain a goal despite of the teacher.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted June 12, 2015
My children inform me that the "Bad" kids (are rewarded) receive food from McDonalds to placate them.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 12, 2015
in a bizarre sense, your child will learn that school as in life is not fair. Sometimes it is what it it is and there is nothing you can do about it. They will learn that some teachers are vindictive. Also they may get teachers that stand in the way of their success.

Spring Ridge Middle School 4

Posted June 07, 2015
My son has been attending Spring Ridge for sixth grade. We actually purchased a home in the area after his first year, just so he could remain at Spring Ridge for seventh and eighth grade. My son has NEVER witnessed bullying or been bullied, not sure if the bullying issues are geared more toward the females but he has not had issues. People take the time out to make negative comments when really, more of the positive should be told!

Spring Ridge Middle School 1

Posted September 14, 2014
My son is a 7th grader at Spring Ridge and has had nothing but problems since he started in 6th grade. There is a huge bullying problem at this school and unless the parents go demand something be done, nothing is. He finally spoke up and told his grades counsler about an incident in the lunchroom one day. But other than call us to "inform us of the situation", nothing has been done. The good kids are getting walked all over and are being discouraged. We can't wait to move.

Spring Ridge Middle School 1

Posted July 08, 2013
My son attended Spring Ridge Middle School in his 6th grade year. Prior to his entrance to Spring Ridge Middle School, we homeschooled. During the first few months of his time at the school, he witnessed several incidents where one student was bullying another student who had challenges and was usually with a paraeducator. When my son reported the incidents to the assistant vice principal for his grade, he was told that he should not tattle. I called and spoke tot he administrator and was delivered the same message. I told my son he had a responsibility to intervene and help those who were unable to help themselves. However, by the end of the year, my son came home to tell me about a fight he witnessed at school. When asked if the teachers or students broke it up, he responded telling me that there were no teachers present and that no one got involved, not even himself. I feel that the school was responsible for my child learning to not get involved when he sees something happening that is wrong. I met with the principal to report what I felt was wrong and immediately pulled him out of school. I hear that the "tattletelling" response is a frequent esponse from the admin.

19856 Three Notch Rd, Lexington Park, MD  20653
Last modified Spring Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spring Ridge Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top