Lexington Park, MD

Posted September 14, 2014
My son is a 7th grader at Spring Ridge and has had nothing but problems since he started in 6th grade. There is a huge bullying problem at this school and unless the parents go demand something be done, nothing is. He finally spoke up and told his grades counsler about an incident in the lunchroom one day. But other than call us to "inform us of the situation", nothing has been done. The good kids are getting walked all over and are being discouraged. We can't wait to move.

Posted July 08, 2013
My son attended Spring Ridge Middle School in his 6th grade year. Prior to his entrance to Spring Ridge Middle School, we homeschooled. During the first few months of his time at the school, he witnessed several incidents where one student was bullying another student who had challenges and was usually with a paraeducator. When my son reported the incidents to the assistant vice principal for his grade, he was told that he should not tattle. I called and spoke tot he administrator and was delivered the same message. I told my son he had a responsibility to intervene and help those who were unable to help themselves. However, by the end of the year, my son came home to tell me about a fight he witnessed at school. When asked if the teachers or students broke it up, he responded telling me that there were no teachers present and that no one got involved, not even himself. I feel that the school was responsible for my child learning to not get involved when he sees something happening that is wrong. I met with the principal to report what I felt was wrong and immediately pulled him out of school. I hear that the "tattletelling" response is a frequent esponse from the admin.

Spring Ridge Middle School 3

Posted June 22, 2013
This school is okay. People say it's bad but I thought it was fine. I was in the STEM academy there. I chose the art class and it was fun. The school lunch there wasn't so great, because it is school lunch. I think if the staff could prevent people from bullying each other then this would be a better school. It's not that great, but get put in the honors classes and you'll be with the better people.

Spring Ridge Middle School 2

Posted February 13, 2013
VERY unhappy with this school they do very little to stop bullying. It is a big problem. Some teachers have little control over their classes. The bad kids make it impossible to hear and pay attention! There are tons of good programs but the BAD kids keep the good kids out. There are fights EVERYDAY. And there is a HUGE racial problem. A HUGE THEFT problem which the school does NOTHING about!!!! And parents are just supposed to take it. They don't want to hear from us or our kids.

Posted March 26, 2012
THIS SCHOOL IS HORRIBLE. Everyone is compared to the STEM students. The STEM is considered a school itself. The food is NASTY. Im in 8th grade this year and QUITE glad that im leaving. In fact im rejocing. The only good thing about the end of the year i the 8th grade dance and Kings Dominion. This school is ghetto.

Spring Ridge Middle School 4

Posted February 21, 2012
I think its dissapointing that the teachers all hate the STEM kids. Teachers are jealous of u. I am personally a STEM student and i hate having teachers calling me out for being STEM. If you are not STEM, the teachers don't hate you. My STEM teachers like you. The teachers and students are biased against STEM, but other than that Spring Ridge is a pretty good school.

Spring Ridge Middle School 3

Posted July 01, 2011
I am going to the 8th grade. There is alot of ups and downs about this school. First, it is pretty small compared to the other middle school In SMC. The locker rooms could be better, and so could the bathrooms. Some of the teachers are horrible. But others actually work with you and help you. Some teachers are really strict but help you learn alot (Mr sayers). The other students are very fun and good, but others are also ignorant and immature making SRMS Look bad.The AP's are alright. Im not really liking the new principal. This school has alot of room for improvement, but its alright so far.

Spring Ridge Middle School 2

Posted March 12, 2010
As a former student of this school i can truly say that i hated it. Some of the faculty did not showed favoritism with the children. The bad thing about it is that they didn't even try to hide it.

Posted March 02, 2010
The more deviant element walk all over the staff. The staff are constantly allowing bullying and violence at the school and on their buses. The take zero responsibility and are more content to be apathetic and unprofessional when it comes to the students they look after. Further more their academics are subsidiary and a far cry from their sister middle schools in neighboring areas. If you can avoid sending your child(ren) here I urge to please do just that.

Posted January 11, 2010

Spring Ridge Middle School
19856 Three Notch Rd, Lexington Park, MD  20653
Last modified Spring Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spring Ridge Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top