Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

My children learned that teachers can be flippant, unpredictable, and illogical. The students know which teacher are off the wall.

Unless you are in the STEM Academy, don't bother with this school. If you can afford it, it is probably better to attend a private school. Most of these teachers are more worried about their union contract than you child's education and thus future. Look up Back to Basics and SOMD Public school teachers. for more information.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

It varies. There are good teachers there, some all right teachers and then there are the ones that really need to retire.

Amount of homework: no rating

It changes from year to year, but this year is stated that it would be less, because teachers graded homework on their own time and that was not allowed to happen during Back to Basics.

My son has been attending Spring Ridge for sixth grade. We actually purchased a home in the area after his first year, just so he could remain at Spring Ridge for seventh and eighth grade. My son has NEVER witnessed bullying or been bullied, not sure if the bullying issues are geared more toward the females but he has not had issues. People take the time out to make negative comments when really, more of the positive should be told!

My son is a 7th grader at Spring Ridge and has had nothing but problems since he started in 6th grade. There is a huge bullying problem at this school and unless the parents go demand something be done, nothing is. He finally spoke up and told his grades counsler about an incident in the lunchroom one day. But other than call us to "inform us of the situation", nothing has been done. The good kids are getting walked all over and are being discouraged. We can't wait to move.

My son attended Spring Ridge Middle School in his 6th grade year. Prior to his entrance to Spring Ridge Middle School, we homeschooled. During the first few months of his time at the school, he witnessed several incidents where one student was bullying another student who had challenges and was usually with a paraeducator. When my son reported the incidents to the assistant vice principal for his grade, he was told that he should not tattle. I called and spoke tot he administrator and was delivered the same message. I told my son he had a responsibility to intervene and help those who were unable to help themselves. However, by the end of the year, my son came home to tell me about a fight he witnessed at school. When asked if the teachers or students broke it up, he responded telling me that there were no teachers present and that no one got involved, not even himself. I feel that the school was responsible for my child learning to not get involved when he sees something happening that is wrong. I met with the principal to report what I felt was wrong and immediately pulled him out of school. I hear that the "tattletelling" response is a frequent esponse from the admin.

This school is okay. People say it's bad but I thought it was fine. I was in the STEM academy there. I chose the art class and it was fun. The school lunch there wasn't so great, because it is school lunch. I think if the staff could prevent people from bullying each other then this would be a better school. It's not that great, but get put in the honors classes and you'll be with the better people.

VERY unhappy with this school they do very little to stop bullying. It is a big problem. Some teachers have little control over their classes. The bad kids make it impossible to hear and pay attention! There are tons of good programs but the BAD kids keep the good kids out. There are fights EVERYDAY. And there is a HUGE racial problem. A HUGE THEFT problem which the school does NOTHING about!!!! And parents are just supposed to take it. They don't want to hear from us or our kids.

THIS SCHOOL IS HORRIBLE. Everyone is compared to the STEM students. The STEM is considered a school itself. The food is NASTY. Im in 8th grade this year and QUITE glad that im leaving. In fact im rejocing. The only good thing about the end of the year i the 8th grade dance and Kings Dominion. This school is ghetto.

Last modified Spring Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.