Posted January 28, 2014
My son has flourished with the guidance of his teachers and the leadership of the principal. Parent involvement is always encouraged. The open communication between teachers and parents has helped my son be the best he can be.

Linthicum Elementary School 1

Posted October 10, 2013
Now, My son is facing the same issue in this school. He just started in it this year. Kids are treating him very mean because of new student.?

Linthicum Elementary School 1

Posted October 10, 2013
At LES and the other elementary school nearby in the area appears to be biased to those parents who are there and able to volunteer all the time. But even the local Linthicum community association has shown a bias only for those who have lived in the area for a lifetime. We like the area, but the attitude and apparent biases in the schools suggests a cultural problem that is causing issues with new people moving in.

Posted November 11, 2012
My daughter loved going to Kindergarden at Linthicum Elementary! Their teachers were wonderful and really cared about the children in their class. Waiting to see how first grade goes, then I can give a more accurate assessment of the teacher quality.

Posted October 26, 2012
We moved here from out of town, and this school has a very elitist attitude. Neither the teachers or parents are very welcoming. If I could choose over, I'd choose Overlook Elementary, which has just as good ratings without tge snobhe snobbery.

Posted December 17, 2009
We moved here from another state. The school my children used to go to had a high minority population, and wasn't rated very well, although I like it a lot more than LES at this point. The teachers and the parents ARE tight knit, which makes it impossible for a newcomers to fit in. I am a parent volunteer and PTA member. My kindergardener had a rough start, which the teacher complains to me every day about. He also went to the bathroom during recess one time and when he came back, the class was gone, they had left him, and he was locked out of the building, ALONE. The teacher never apologized, and blamed him! We had to prepay for one of many field trips, 17 dollars for a college campus tour, and when my son wound up sick and couldn't go, they refused to refund the money.

Posted July 24, 2008
I love Linthicum Elementary School. I have a soon to be 4th grader, a 2nd grader and one who is entering kindergarten. This school is know for its volunteerism. The parents are very involved and have close knit relationships with the teaching staff as well as the other parents. There is tremendous pride at the school and this is reflected in the upbeat positive environment in the school.

Posted March 29, 2008
I have a question for all parents... Why do the teachers at all the schools push this msa testing??? I feel that the kids get so stressed out over it. I don't think my child should be tested on what the teachers should already be teaching. If your child and school does great then the princal get a bonous. I don't get it. Why should they get that if my and your child does the hard work?

Posted December 26, 2007

Posted October 30, 2007

Linthicum Elementary School
101 School Ln, Linthicum, MD  21090
Last modified Linthicum Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Linthicum Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.