Bad
Good

Posted June 29, 2011
We love Overlook! We are so lucky to have a school with smaller class sizes, everything is redone, it is extremely safe and still have music, art, pe and lots of community functions like fundraisers, concerts, family nights, ect. The PTA is very supportive of the school and the teachers all seem very involved with the children. There is a lot of school pride here. And the principal is hands down one of the most gracious and nurturing leaders we have met in a long time!

Posted January 19, 2011
This is the best elementary school a parent could ask for. The building was newly rebuilt and is LOVELY!! The staff is concerned, organized and educated. The principal Mrs. Batista is a shining example of what any principal should be. I LOVE Overlook and it breaks my heart my kids have to move on to middle school in the next two years. Overlook is a hidden gem and I feel VERY lucky that my kids go there.

Posted January 02, 2011
Great small community school. The largest class size is 20 students. Most of the classes are around 15. The PTA and Principal are the best around. The school is in remodel phase and what they have completed is AMAZING! The kids have 2 brand new playgrounds, a state of the art gymnasium and the latest teaching tools. My daughter loves her school and so do I!

Posted December 03, 2010
Having just moved to another state and had to enroll my son in a new . school, I realized how much I've come to rely on the staff at Overlook for the safety and education of my children. I've had three kids attend Overlook and I never once worried about them while they were in school. I am going to miss the wonderful teachers and staff who worked so very hard to help my son adjust to school. As I have quickly discovered, the teachers at Overlook are not only the best in the state, but quite possibily among the finest in our country. Consider your children very lucky to be able to attend such a wonderful school.

Posted July 20, 2005
I've had 2 kids attend Overlook and without a doubt, the teachers & staff are the best in the State! With more financial support from the county, Overlook would be better able to compete academically with neighboring schools. The government funding that is allocated to this elementary school is barely enough to cover basic operating costs let alone fund programs such as the computer lab, cultural arts programs, and most recently, the county's refusal to purchase outdoor playground equipment for an elementary school that had none! Despite the lack of funding, somehow the PTA and Staff at Overlook manage to provide the students with a challenging and sucessful learning experience year after year. Overlook is a safe and small school that gives you the comfort and security of living in a small town despite the fact that you're 10 minutes from Baltimore.

Overlook Elementary School 4

Posted February 19, 2005
this school is great my daughter has recieved alot of knowledge and support from the staff and the teachers thyey really do care about the children in this school they do need to get more parents involved and it would be the best school out there.

Posted March 15, 2004
I have 3 children that have or are still going to Overlook Elementary since 1998. I love this elementary school!! I couldnt ask for a better one. The staff is just great! My children are all happy to get up in the morning and go to school. This says somthing. The teachers are all so friendly and helpfull at all tims. I love Overlook Elementary. Its like having an extended family. I feel safe knowing my children are in there hands.

Posted March 11, 2004
My son Joshua has been in this school for the past 2 years and he has advance so much,The parent involment I think It's great and the security is outstanding. I feel very comfortable and happy to have my son attend such a fine school.

Overlook Elementary School
401 Hampton Rd, Linthicum, MD  21090
Last modified Overlook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Overlook Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top