Lochearn, MD

Pilgrim Christian Day School 1

Posted November 22, 2014
Pilgrims Christian Day School is the worst school i could have ever placed my child in They have no school board they make up rules on a daily basis and they need to hire new administration chairman of the board will make up rules and children are terrified of her its a school not military DO NOT Send Your Child To This School

Pilgrim Christian Day School 1

Posted January 08, 2012
My child is a first year student in Pre-k and I must say it is the worst expierence ever. The teacher is clueless there is no structure, no direction and the leadership is a joke. I would not recommend this school. If you want your child to have music, art, foreign language, cafeteria, or gym this school is also NOT the one.

Pilgrim Christian Day School 4

Posted March 12, 2010
This is my daughters first year at Pilgrim. The small class size and the physically small size of the school allow the staff to know all the children by face AND by name. The fact that the school is small isn't a shock. I actually looked around and chose it for that very reason. Parent participation is low but thats on the parents. The administration seems to be very open to parent participation and suggestions. I am looking forward to adding that 5th star on the next review!!!!!

Pilgrim Christian Day School 4

Posted August 07, 2008
Pilgrims curriculum has been enhanced to better serve its students. All grades are now exposed to Music Thoery/performance, Art Classes, and Computer classes. Parenetal envolvement is low, but thats not the schools fault. Its up to the parents to be more involved with what their children are doing. When PTA meetings are held, only one or two parents show up! The PTA meetings are the best time to get involved with your childs teachers and the current administration. The only way, and best way to voice your opinions are to present them in person! Pilgrim is an average school, but their love for their children and their education is stellar. Yes the school needs some work in lots of areas, but speaking negatively about a christian school is not the way to fix the problems. I encourage current parents and new parents to get involved with your childs teachers!

Pilgrim Christian Day School 0

Posted August 19, 2007
My son attended Pilgrim from Pre-K to First grade. The classrooms are small, that was one of the best part. I had recommeded Pilgrim in the past. The school has changed over the few years my son attended. Pilgrim was like a family to me. For the shool to be private I think all teachers should have degrees in such area(s). There is no lunch room (do not offer hot lunches), they need to update the library. There is very few computers, no foriegn language available, no gym area (inside the building). Because the school is so small, all students should be at honor roll status. Spoke to the adminstration about my concerns, and those concerns were ignored. At one point of time I knew my son would finish Pilgrim, but am sorry to say I had to pull my son out the year 2007. Change is needed asap

Pilgrim Christian Day School 3

Posted August 02, 2006
Pilgrem is a good school for the lower classes. Pre-k to 3rd grade. Strong academics, but poor involvement in the arts like music, dance, and gym. There was not much parent involvement either. Classroom sizes are small. Sometimes they may have to combine classes due to the small sizes. But, hey, back in the day, teachers were able to teach all children in every grade in the same classroom. For the amount of money you will pay, the education is worth it. All schools can't do everything. Extracurricular actitivies may have to be done on the family's time. Lastly, they could find a way to at least provide lunch for the children.

Pilgrim Christian Day School 5

Posted March 05, 2006
My daughter has been attending Pilgrim since pre-k, she is now in the 3rd grade. Pilgrim is like a family to us. This is an excellant school. And I encourge any parent that is seeking a good Christain education, with small class sizes to intrust your child in Pilgrims hand. The parent teacher relationship could not be better. I only wish they offered grades pre-k to 12, so that I would not have to seek another school.We love Pilgrim!

Pilgrim Christian Day School 3

Posted June 23, 2005
School has a good foundation. Board is lax, with regards to administration and accountability. Strong academic program for grades Pre-k-K and 3-5. No music or extracurricular activities. Little parent involvement. About 35-40 child enrollment, leading to too many combined classes (more than one grade per teacher). Needs a janitor and new administration.

Pilgrim Christian Day School
7200 Liberty Road, Lochearn, MD  21207
Last modified Pilgrim Christian Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Pilgrim Christian Day School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top