Posted April 28, 2014
My daughter is in third grade at this school and it's been a wonderful experience. Recently renovated and expanded, each classroom has state of the art technology along with teachers who navigate it effortlessly. It's impressive. I also believe that there is sufficient assistance for lower grade learners that require extra help. The parent community is also engaged. I like that there seems to be a good balance between prioritizing academic achievement and play.

Hampton Elementary School 4

Posted August 07, 2013
Great school and very helpful teachers. Mrs.Cavender in first grade and Mrs.Vickers in third grade and M. Shew are awesome!!

Posted June 10, 2013
What a great school. My wife and I have two kids that attend Hampton elementary and have been very happy. Thanks to the teachers and staff.

Hampton Elementary School 3

Posted May 16, 2013
The principle and vice principle have a severe attitude problem. My child has been bullied a few times and nothing has been done about it. When they speak to your children, they say things and then try to deny it. My child has told me a lot of things they have said, but didn't want me to go back to the principle and vice principle because he thought he would get into trouble for repeating things. I BELIEVE MY CHILD. I just don't like the feeling of the school anymore. Never had a problem with any of the teachers. They all seem nice enough.

Hampton Elementary School 2

Posted May 11, 2013
I am sorry to report that Hampton's administration was insensitive and pathetic for helping my son with special needs. My son is 3 so they denied him an educational placement despite my extensive documentation diagnosing him with memory problems. The special Ed teacher Ms Carr was the only person who had any regard for my son. The psychologist Mr. Brown actually admitted he never read the psych report but made fun of my sons diagnosis. It was clear their only concern was to uphold the status quo. I pulled my son and put him in private. I am currently moving and have specifically told my realtor Hampton is not an option because of its administration and support service staff. On the flip side my friends who have kids in gen Ed are thrilled. If your child has special needs constantly take your child to private specialists so you have documentation to properly advocate for your child.

Hampton Elementary School 1

Posted February 09, 2012
A lot of bullying problems in this school. Teachers look the other way and the school counselor is ineffective. The administration does more to protect the kids who bully than the victims of bullying.

Posted April 14, 2011
It's a great school! We bought our house in this zip code just so our children would be able to attend such a fantastic school. The principal is a caring and strong leader. The teachers work well together as a team with their planning. My child loves the "specials" and, with a new addition in the works, it will be one of the best schools in Baltimore County. Quality schools like Hampton make private schools unnecessary! I've also been surprised at the level of parental support and involvement. I've tried for years to be a chaperone for any field trip, but have never been able to b/c I'm competing with so many other parents! Also, we've had so many parents volunteering during class, that we've had to set up a volunteer calendar each month, with most of the days filled.

Posted February 06, 2011
I was surprised to read the negative review from the parent with a special needs child. I have a son with special needs who has attended Hampton since 2009, and I couldn't be happier with the services and supports he is getting. The Special Ed teacher (Ms. Carr) is outstanding. True, at times I have felt like the Principal was not really on our side, like when we requested that our son repeat Kindergarten and she refused. But I have been pleased with the progress he is making in first grade and am now glad we didn't repeat him. The Principal is definitely the captain of her ship, but she is very involved with what is happening in her school, and I respect that. I know everybody's experience is different, and I know first-hand how difficult it can be to have a special needs child in school, but in general I have been very pleased with Hampton. The PTA has tremendous participation, and I have never felt like the parents here are "snooty" or unfriendly, which I have heard is the case at some of the other area schools. Overall, I love Hampton, and feel like it has been the perfect place for us.

Hampton Elementary School 1

Posted September 29, 2010
As the parent of a special needs child I had high hopes with this school. We could not be more disappointed. The admin., especially the VP, clearly do not want us here. They have made even the simplest requests impossible. I never imagined that the nurse, VP and Principal would simply turn their backs on a concerned parent when we walk in the office. My child's daycare was more professional. They are very superficial. I've never been more disappointed, as our only goal is the well-being of an innocent child.

Hampton Elementary School 0

Posted September 21, 2010
The techers are caring, the principal is excellent, and I feel like my daughter is getting a quality education.

Hampton Elementary School
1115 Charmuth Rd, Lutherville, MD  21093
Last modified Hampton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hampton Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top