Bad
Good

I went to this middle school more than 30 years ago- not much has changed. You've got some awesome, devoted teachers who want to see the student grow and succeed. Then you have the ones who are so unprofessional- they speak harshly about other teachers ( 1 teacher went so far as to call another teacher " a stupid man !"- to the students . Some have made inappropriate comments to/ about a student in front of an entire class. These teachers are supposed to be role models. I was not impressed. The guidance counselor for the 7th grade was the BEST ever !

This is a very amazing school, I went here and I definitely came out a better student, and person as a whole

Have no complaints abouts the school. Education is excellent but they can do a little bit or remodeling the classrooms. This is an old school.

Ridgely Middle is a good school, but not a great one. Most of the teachers are attentive to the needs of their students, but some are either overworked or simply disengaged.

This school is a very good one. My daughter and I have moved from that schools area but she wants to go back every day! :)

My point is (in case it isn't clear enough from my last post, the one that starts "For all the great things about this school..."--our "special needs" kids (IEP's, 504's and not diagnosed at all) are ***NOT A BURDEN!!!***They are, in fact, as capable of achieving (and at least some of them more so) as any other student. The few teachers and administrators, etc. that still think of them as a "burden" is the problem. Maybe if more parents make that point, they'll stop seeing these kids as "labels" and start seeing them for all they are really worth. I think most of them already do, but not all. Labels (like "special needs" "troublemaker" "quirky" )don't teach kids. Educators with knowledge and great attitudes do! Kudos to those that already have great attitudes! Those that don't---(and get stuck on labels)-do your research!

Teachers are overburdened with too many special needs kids in the classes with no real assistance. No discretion is used when placing children in foreign language classes. My daughter had an E in Latin for the first two quarters and they switched her to another language against my wishes. The rest of the class had actually been taking that class for two quarters and they placed her in cold turkey. How was she ever supposed to catch up? Foreign language isn't history where you can miss one event and move on to the next successfully. You need the basics to move on to the next concept or your child will be lost. RMS had no business placing my daughter in a foreign language to begin with. I am glad she is now in high school and taking classes she can handle.

Great school academically but bullying is tolerated. In my opinion their 'zero tolerance policy' is only on paper. My child was bullied two years at Ridgely and little or nothing was done about it. The school administration pretends that it does not exist. It's a serious issue at that school.

i am a seventh grade student at Ridgely middle school we are only in the 3rd week and i am in tons of extra curricular activity's and have had one spirt week the teachers have the patience to take on the world my best teacher is Ms.Rousaville and also Ms.Lawson the princible and secretary are so sweet i love my new school also it is as huge as a city

I'm a sixth grader at Ridgely. There's nothing you can say about Ridgely that's negative. Mrs. Kimball and Mrs. Sancomb are the best teachers. I'm on the school lacrosse team. It's a great mixing pot of students from all different backrounds. I'd reccomend it to anybody.

Last modified Ridgely Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.