K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted January 26, 2016
My son came for the small classes and enjoyed those, but really grew to love everything the community provided.

Posted October 26, 2015
I have had one boy graduate from St. Paul's and one is a senior there. Both boys have had exemplary experiences there. St. Paul's has recognized and nurtured their passions and strengths, all while emphasizing character and integrity. For a relatively small school, the extracurricular offerings are numerous; the school boasts its own squash courts, a professional-level theater program, a top-notch musical choir director who coaches the boys to such an excellent skill level that they are welcome to sing in premier venues around the world, and an incredible STEM program, whose director is intensely dedicated and passionate. The IB program is extremely highly respected by the best colleges and universities around the world, and the boys enrolled in the IB diploma program get a multi-disciplinary, rigorous academic experience which prepares them very well for the rigors of top colleges. On top of all this, the boys here are nice to each other. They are proud of their diversity of interests and talents and support each other. It has been a great place with wonderful teachers who serve as great mentors for my boys to develop into young men.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted October 12, 2015
There are a few that I could mention. But if I could choose just one, it would have to be Lower School Admissions Director, Martha Donovan. When my son came for his interview, he was nervous. So much so that he would not talk to any of the teachers. Martha, suggested we take him home and come back the following week. During that week we were able to get our son better prepared for his school visit. That next week, Martha was prepared to ease my son into his time at the school. He did great and got accepted into the school and three years later is flourishing at SP. That experience sums up St Paul's, as I often say, "SP is an elite educate but the people are not elitist" . We have found the faculty and staff to be the most humble, down to earth and yet serious staff around.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 12, 2015
Amazing teachers is what makes this school so awesome. Our son has been challenged and yet nurtured within the proper balance. Really a unique group of top notch teachers.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted October 12, 2015
The level of academic rigor at St. Paul's alone deposits persistence in each student. The work is challenging but purposeful and it develops character and determination in the students.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted October 12, 2015
St. Paul's is one of the diverse independent school communities we have seen in our area. In this diverse environment, students are encouraged to interact, treat fairly and respect their fellow classmates.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 12, 2015
At each grade level students participate in on and off campus projects that teach students to serve their community. In addition, students bring in and deliver lunches to local homeless shelters.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 12, 2015
Students are taught to think of others as they bring lunches for the homeless. The school motto which the students learn is ingrained with themes of integrity, fairness and thinking broadly.

Posted October 12, 2015
My son loves going to school and wishes the summer was shorter so he could be back in school. We have been connected to St. Paul's for three years now, and every teacher has been amazing and compassionate. The curriculum challenges my son to be at his best and think broadly. Awesome school experience!

St Pauls School 4

Posted October 11, 2015
We came to St. Paul's not just because it has been a very warm and nurturing place for our son, who is currently in the lower school, but also because of it's focus on boys and their style of learning as they move up to the middle and upper school. The school has a nice community feel and in general, the parents are relatively down to earth. This school is not without it's challenges, as all schools have them. But they continue to strive for more for the families and the students that attend. For those who are not as favorable about the school; it may not have been the best fit for your child and perhaps you should have done more research. I would also say that complaining with no suggestions on improvement or involvement from the parents does not help anything. The things that I would like to see changed, I work to make them better for my child and the children to come. We are involved working parents who take the time to get to know the teachers and leadership and build a rapport with the parents, as well to have a positive influence on all aspects of the school. There is no other way, in both public or private school. For us and many others, St. Paul's is a good fit for our child. I would highly recommend that anyone considering the school at least take the time to visit, speak to the students, teachers, and parents to see if this is the place for your child as well. I didn't know what to expect when I visited and honestly expected to like many of the other private schools over St. Paul's, based on the comments and reputations of the other schools. Boy was I wrong! After visiting many other places first, it was clear that we as a family didn't fit there and more importantly, neither did our son. When I went to St. Paul's I instantly fell in love, for all the right reasons. Our son has felt at home there and so have my husband and I. Do your research and visit St. Paul's to make your own decisions. It's worth the investment.

11152 Falls Road, Lutherville-Timonium, MD  21093