K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

My son came for the small classes and enjoyed those, but really grew to love everything the community provided.

I have had one boy graduate from St. Paul's and one is a senior there. Both boys have had exemplary experiences there. St. Paul's has recognized and nurtured their passions and strengths, all while emphasizing character and integrity. For a relatively small school, the extracurricular offerings are numerous; the school boasts its own squash courts, a professional-level theater program, a top-notch musical choir director who coaches the boys to such an excellent skill level that they are welcome to sing in premier venues around the world, and an incredible STEM program, whose director is intensely dedicated and passionate. The IB program is extremely highly respected by the best colleges and universities around the world, and the boys enrolled in the IB diploma program get a multi-disciplinary, rigorous academic experience which prepares them very well for the rigors of top colleges. On top of all this, the boys here are nice to each other. They are proud of their diversity of interests and talents and support each other. It has been a great place with wonderful teachers who serve as great mentors for my boys to develop into young men.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Amazing teachers is what makes this school so awesome. Our son has been challenged and yet nurtured within the proper balance. Really a unique group of top notch teachers.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are taught to think of others as they bring lunches for the homeless. The school motto which the students learn is ingrained with themes of integrity, fairness and thinking broadly.

My son loves going to school and wishes the summer was shorter so he could be back in school. We have been connected to St. Paul's for three years now, and every teacher has been amazing and compassionate. The curriculum challenges my son to be at his best and think broadly. Awesome school experience!

We came to St. Paul's not just because it has been a very warm and nurturing place for our son, who is currently in the lower school, but also because of it's focus on boys and their style of learning as they move up to the middle and upper school. The school has a nice community feel and in general, the parents are relatively down to earth. This school is not without it's challenges, as all schools have them. But they continue to strive for more for the families and the students that attend. For those who are not as favorable about the school; it may not have been the best fit for your child and perhaps you should have done more research. I would also say that complaining with no suggestions on improvement or involvement from the parents does not help anything. The things that I would like to see changed, I work to make them better for my child and the children to come. We are involved working parents who take the time to get to know the teachers and leadership and build a rapport with the parents, as well to have a positive influence on all aspects of the school. There is no other way, in both public or private school. For us and many others, St. Paul's is a good fit for our child. I would highly recommend that anyone considering the school at least take the time to visit, speak to the students, teachers, and parents to see if this is the place for your child as well. I didn't know what to expect when I visited and honestly expected to like many of the other private schools over St. Paul's, based on the comments and reputations of the other schools. Boy was I wrong! After visiting many other places first, it was clear that we as a family didn't fit there and more importantly, neither did our son. When I went to St. Paul's I instantly fell in love, for all the right reasons. Our son has felt at home there and so have my husband and I. Do your research and visit St. Paul's to make your own decisions. It's worth the investment.

Clearly these most recent reviews are an attempt to improve the entire school's image. The girls' school has the same tone of reviews on the same date. The lower school is struggling to teach the kids to read. We are surprised by how challenging the curriculum is at the school we switched to. Would not return to St Paul's.

We came for the academics and they have been top-notch for our son, now a senior. But the real value-add has been all the other non-academic stuff that we didn't really expect, as newcomers to private school. His relationships with teachers, the athletic and extra-curricular opportunities, the burgeoning self-confidence that comes from being known and respected by adults he admires. It has been a great experience and we're getting a little sad about it coming to an end

Develops character: Strongly agree

The Episcopal tradition at St. Paul's is invaluable in teaching students that they truly are 'part of something bigger than themselves.'

We took a chance on St Paul's lower school given our location. It does not have the best reputation for being a welcoming place or for its academics but we thought with new leadership, things would change. Unfortunately, there is little sense of community and the new leadership is not apologetic for mistakes. The carpool line has been unattended by the school regularly, so it takes forever to drop off and we drop our kids off at an empty sidewalk. Questioning anyone about this and anything else is discouraged- what kind of environment is that for a kid to learn? We have better choices for next year. We will not be returning.

Last modified St Pauls School is a Private school that serves grades K-12