Lutherville-Timonium, MD
Before care: Yes

Greenspring Montessori School 2

Posted October 31, 2014
Greenspring Montessori: There is something wrong with your child, they can't learn. Parents: Seek professional help, have the child tested. Nothing out of the ordinary. Greenspring Montessori: There is something wrong with your child, they can't learn. Parents: Not a single professional outside the school has found a learning issue. Greenspring Montessori: There is something wrong with your child, they can't learn. Parents: New school Child: Leading class participation, no issues, no homework problems, teachers consider the child to be more mature than classmates. Parents conclusion: Montessori has a problem. Every child is unique, but if they can't learn here, they are the problem. There are some very good teachers at this school, but for the most part leadership can't get past the righteousness of Montessori being the best and most successful teaching method on the planet and come to terms with the simple idea that not all children are the same. Ironic.

Posted August 18, 2014
My daughter has benefited so much from the kind teachers, staff and the Montessori style of education. She loves going to school every day and what more could a parent ask?

Posted June 11, 2014
My daughter is finishing her first year in the Children's House Spanish immersion class. While visiting her grandparents, she recently said "My teachers love their kids." A simple statement, but it meant the world to me, to know she spends her days where she feels loved and secure. I love the sense of community. Even aides from other classrooms know my daughter from the carline, and even her little brother (who is not yet a student there). Everyone is friendly and approachable and my daughter loves her school and all of her friends. In terms of improvement, we have struggled with communication in terms of events or activities, especially in the upper elementary where my stepson attends. As a split household, there has been some struggle with keeping every parent in the loop. Even with my daughter's teacher, it helps to be proactive in contacting them. However, I truly feel that each teacher I have met and especially the head of school, Ms. Balis, genuinely cares about the well-being of each child and is committed to providing them with an excellent education. I highly recommend this school and its philosophy to other parents.

Posted May 29, 2014
Our daughter will be starting in the Children's House at Greenspring Montessori School this fall. We feel strongly that the Montessori approach is the best fit for our daughter. We have been well taken care of through each step of the Admissions process, from our first visit to the school through the enrollment process. We loved the prospective parent education workshops (we are already implementing some of these Montessori techniques at home!) and the Welcome Playdate for new students was a wonderful way to start building a sense of community for new families. We have been treated with professionalism and warmth every step of the way. We can't wait for the new school year to start!

Greenspring Montessori School 4

Posted May 21, 2014
My child is completing her 3rd year at Greenspring Montessori School and will be going on to the lower elementary class here next year. We have been pleased with the kindness, efficiency and professionalism of the staff at all levels. I continue to be amazed by the guide's true understanding of my child and her academic and social capabilities - and needs. The new head of school has earned my support by taking a good school and pushing it to be better. We have seen improvements in infrastructure, teaching standards, curriculum alignment, faculty support, parent education, and communication with families. As the school settles into these rapid changes, we will hold the five star review for the coming year. I would and do recommend this school.

Greenspring Montessori School 1

Posted May 19, 2014
I recently applied for admission for my 2 year old. I am appalled by the Director's of Admissions communication manner. She takes four days to respond to an email and does not return voice mails. If that is the way the door keeper communicates, what can I expect from teachers and other staff? I will never know anything about how my child is doing behind the school's doors. She will never go there. That was a bad choice. I regret paying the $75 application fee.

Posted May 13, 2014
Both of my children have attended Greenspring Montessori. My older son completed the three year Children's House cycle, while my younger son started in the Toddler Program and is now in his first year of the Children's House. With both children, we have had overwhelmingly positive experiences. The teachers are nurturing, encouraging, and very much in tune with the children. They consistently refresh classroom materials so that there is always something new for the children to explore. And the faculty have always been very responsive to any questions or concerns we have had. We have also taken advantage of extracurricular activities, such as the before/after school Discovery Program, story time, art classes, and yoga instruction. My children have thoroughly enjoyed all of them. I would recommend this school without hesitation.

Greenspring Montessori School 1

Posted May 10, 2014
As a previous post stated, many CURRENT students are being asked to leave because they don't fit the ideal Montessori student, or at least not for this school. This is not in the spirit of what Maria Montessori envisioned for her schools. My child is one of the students being pushed out and we have been treated pretty poorly by the administration. Luckily, my child is bright enough to have learned in the less than optimal classroom conditions and I'm positive he will thrive at a school where he is really wanted and where the administration and teachers embrace students with diverse learning styles. If a true nurturing environment is what you are seeking, you would do much better elsewhere.

Posted May 02, 2014
Hello! I am writing this review both as the parent of 2 happy children who have attended the school and because I am the school s library media specialist. I want to clear up some misinformation in a prior review. NO items are being removed from the library. In fact, we house a majority of the titles listed in the last post and will encourage our students to continue to enjoy them! We do intend to add more titles for our students aged 5 and younger that have a realistic or nonfiction focus. This is because our Montessori practice and pediatric research encourage us to expose them to things they can see happening in the world around them. There will always be a place for rich literature of all types in our collection. At age 5, children start a sensitive period for imagination and crave imaginative literature and we provide it! Much love, collaboration, research and intellect has gone into building our media center and it is our hope to continue expanding on this collection to best suit the needs of our growing community. Best wishes to all!

Posted April 30, 2014
Greenspring Montessori is an amazing fit for our 6-year old. She started in the Toddler program at age 2 and was reading by age 4. The self-directed and holistic learning environment, with thoughtful teacher direction and guidance, is a perfect fit for our self-motivated learner. The teachers truly love and respect the children and it is a wonderful, close community.

Greenspring Montessori School
10807 Tony Drive, Lutherville-Timonium, MD  21093
Last modified Greenspring Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Greenspring Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top