Marriottsville, MD
Students enrolled: 1,271

Posted June 26, 2013
I am a junior at MRHS. I love it. The teachers are astonishing, and do great teaching. Our Music programs are know across the country like the madrigals, and our drama department will knock your socks off. The classes are challenging and make you think, but they prepare you for college. We have a bunch of extra curricular activities from improv to cooking to service hours, and more. Our sports are good. Our Our boys varsity soccer team has won four consecutive state championships and our girls varsity lacrosse team has won 2 out of 3 state championships. The principle is great she is short but everyone is scared of her. She is effective. She even made break. Every Monday and Thursday between second and third period, we have a 20 minute break for students to get help in their classes. Also, our student council is one hundred percent effective. They listen to what we have to stay, and are not afraid to voice their opinions at student council meetings. We (student council ) do the best for the students because everyone remembers their four years in high school. Teachers want to make it fun and educational and they show it that they love their jobs and care a lot about the kids.MRHS!

Posted March 09, 2012
I had a daughter graduate and a son still in mrhs, it's a very warm and welcoming school to students and parents. They focus on the kids learning and the kids at the school are well behaved and caring kids. My husband and I are pleased with how the students are treated and with how they treat each other. The families are also involved in the volunteering and helping the school be a positive atmosphere for the kids.

Posted September 10, 2011
We have been very pleased with this school, even our kids like it! The teachers are good and the curriculum is challenging.

Marriotts Ridge High School 3

Posted January 24, 2011
The community is starting to get worse young kids are already taking drugs at this school or hiding it and the school is hiding it plus they haven't help my child my child has learning disabilities and they haven't helped him in anyway

Posted May 12, 2010
This school has great teacher leadership, great curriculum, great students, and excellent oppertunities. Maybe the best high school ever...!!!

Posted January 01, 2010
Marriotts Ridge is the best high school in the entire country!!!! Amazing principal, teachers and students!

Posted October 01, 2009
I have two kids now at MRHS and we couldn't be happier. From the administration to the staff, everyone strives for academic excellence. There is so much for kids to be involved in after school to make them well-rounded students, the choices are amazing! Many kids say it's hard to pick just one or two things because there are so many wonderful activities. All the students demonstrate school spirit but more importantly school pride. Both my kids look forward to school and their activities and events. You can't ask for anything more as a parent.

Posted July 18, 2009
Staff is pretty good...some loop holes...and they need to focus on really important stuff.

Posted February 22, 2008
I think the school is doing a good job, I am satisfied with my daughters acadimec scores.

Posted October 30, 2007
My son went to Glenelg HS and my daughter is in her second year at MRHS. The difference in administration and policy are incredible. The administration and teachers take their 'charge of our children' very seriously, yet expects and encourages excellence from each student. Although a new school in 2005, by 2007 this school has more spirit and well behaved students than any of the other wonderful schools in Howard County. It is, by far, the top high school in a nationally recognized county of schools.

12100 Woodford Dr, Marriottsville, MD  21104
Last modified Marriotts Ridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marriotts Ridge High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top