Marriottsville, MD

Posted June 05, 2015
This is absolutely the worst school for children with disabilities that I have encountered in this county. The special ed team leader is unethical and inept and should not be leading other special education teachers. I pray she quits so that these children will stop being harmed in this way.

Posted May 06, 2013
Three of my children attended this school and went on to do very well in pre-college courses at Marriott's Ridge. They were accepted into very fine colleges and were well prepared once they got there.

Posted March 10, 2013
I love it at mt view, my teachers are very nice and do not push me around at all. I did my thing and they did theirs, it is working out great much better than my time at mayfield woods in elkridge.

Posted January 24, 2011
My child was threatened at this school and the children and the teachers need to get improved

Mount View Middle School 4

Posted May 09, 2009
Go Falcons! mount view is a wonderful school to go to. the teachers are very nice too. but they don't really give out a bunch of homework... that disipoints me-even though i'm a child I just want good grades!- also they have a lot of spirit-i think- well, i luv mount view! 4 stars!

Mount View Middle School 2

Posted March 17, 2009
Im an 8th grader right now and its march,so my time here is almost up. I definitely cant say that this is a great school. The staff is so concerned about looking good on the msas its not even funny. Some teachers are just not that interesting. At least in my grade, the administration has no control

Posted November 06, 2008
this middle school was very boring and laid back but the students were all fairly good kids and although it was sometimes a pain in the butt im glad i went to MVMS and i kinda miss it

Posted May 30, 2008
My child went to Mount View for a year. We are disappointed with the school's lazy attitude toward learning. The children get very little homework, and there are virtually no after-school programs.

Posted May 01, 2008
I am a parent with three children. My family lived in texas for five years. When we moved here, my youngest attended mount view middle school, and I was simply blown away by the wonderfullness of mount view. Thne faculty is warm and inviting and they are gentle but firm in their schooling. I give Mount View Middle School a fie-star rating.

Posted February 16, 2008
I've attended Mount View all three years and can say that this school is disappointing. There are no athletics, the focus seems to be on test taking and not learning, and the control of the school is spotty. There is no trust between students and administration and this clearly shows. The administration seem to have no problem with misleading students and feel that instilling fear is a good tactic. Some teachers more or less tell students to just go to work rather then instruct the students and listen and answer their questions. The principal and others won't listen to the students, or the student government. Fights and skipping class are a normal occurrence, and little is done about it. Texting during class is also common. I am thoroughly disappointed with this school and that I had to spend three years here.

12101 Woodford Dr, Marriottsville, MD  21104
Last modified Mount View Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mount View Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top