Posted January 20, 2014
Mother Catherine Spalding School is a Catholic oriented, student and family friendly school. Once you join the school you will gain a new family.

Posted January 10, 2014
Mother Catherine Spalding School is an amazing place where children learn and play in a supportive, cooperative environment. The classes are small, so teachers give each child support and attention wherever needed. The children are well behaved and always treat each other well. I regularly see middle-school children holding the door for younger ones; I'm greeted cheerfully by children, faculty and other parents whenever I am at the school. Most schools don't teach and encourage respect and manners like that anymore! When we came to southern Maryland we didn't know anyone; now my son runs into friends from school at the park, grocery store, library ... even though it's a small school, children from all grades know and befriend each other. It's a wonderful community like none other I've ever seen. The school also offers great after-school programs that I haven't seen in any other schools, public or private. For example, my child is learning to program computers ... not just how to use them, but how to actually program them! He wrote an arcade-style game last semester! This is an amazing school... if you live within 30 miles of it, look into it... it's worth the drive!

Posted January 10, 2014

Posted November 03, 2011
Mother Catherine Spalding is a fabulous school with wonderful, caring, INVOLVED teachers and a great, new principal. The class sizes are wonderful for specialized attention. Many new endeavors, including a science lab, Spanish class, and soon the arrival of iPads for student usage, have only improved what was already good. Please note that the low-rated comments and reviews are rather old, and many, if not all, of those issues have been resolved. If things were still as these others have reported, I would not have been sending my own son there for the past three years.

Posted October 19, 2011
My husband and I chose to send my children to this wonderful school when my husband's job was moved from PA to PAX River. Mother Catherine Spalding had all the traits we were looking for in a Catholic school-- strong Catholic identity coupled with strong academics, and a nurturing environment. My children not only received a quality education at MCSS, but devloped a strong personal identity rooted in the belief that we are all created by God and in His image, worthy of respect and love. Moreover my sons and daughter have been inspired to challenge themselves to be all that God created them to be-- to reach their full potential. I have now been associated with Mother Catherine Spalding School for more than 15 years -- the last 9 years I have been teaching here. MCSS teaches academics to be sure, but also, helps students learn teamwork and sportsmanship, recognize the value of hard work and dedication, and develop a sense of community and service to others. I am proud to be a part of such a dedicated staff whose daily mission is to teach the whole child, in partnership with the parents, to be all that God intended him/her to be.

Posted October 15, 2011
We started our son at Mother Catherine only because he was not able to get into public school Pre-K. When he started school there, we thought we would stay there until the year was done then move to public school... HOWEVER, we chose to stay at MCS because it is such a wondeful environment! With small class sizes, our son gets the individualized attention that he needs to thrive in Kindergarten, plus he is receiving moral development that he would not if he was in public school. There is a sense of community, and everyone knows everyone else. We are very excited to have a new principal and cannot wait to see her new ideas for our school. Without a doubt, keeping our son at Mother Catherine is one of the best decisions we have made.

Posted October 13, 2011
My son has been at Mother Catherine since Pre-K (2003-present) and has been very successful. We are extremely pleased with the teachers he has had and the education he has received. The school has a new principal this year and she is absolutely wonderful. I think the new leadership will only make the school better. I have nothing but positive things to say about Mother Catherine. I am glad we made the choice to send our son there so many years ago.

Posted December 11, 2010
We have just moved to MCS from FAW. We are overjoyed!!! My middleschooler is in thrilled. My first graders are thriving. Smaller class sizes, warm loving environment, accelerated opportunies. Every teacher seems to know all three of my children.

Mother Catherine Spalding School 4

Posted July 09, 2007

Posted May 11, 2007
Great school! My husband's entire family grew up with MCSS(when the nuns were still there) and now our son has attended here since K and is now in the 3rd and will attend through 8th. We are very pleased with the educational standards, as well as the relationship that they practice with God. My son loves the teachers. We are pleased with the close net of teachers, students, and parents. The students are held to high expectations and meet them with all hands on! I believe in the 'it takes a village to raise a child'and Mother Catherine is the best choice for any child's village.The teachers are strong and teach wonerfully.The school offers a great option for the public school system and have all the extracurricular activities the public schools offer. God bless

Mother Catherine Spalding School
38833 Chaptico Road, Mechanicsville, MD  20659
Last modified Mother Catherine Spalding School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Mother Catherine Spalding School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top