Milford Mill, MD

Posted September 16, 2011
All I can say is read and listen to the reviews. Do not enroll your child in this school. There is NO diversity at the school what so ever. This should tell you something. The behavior of the administer is unexceptionable and should not be tolerated. In fact, as opposed to actually enrolling your child in this school I would recommend that you locate a blue ribbon public school. Keep your money in your pocket for college. Also, I had a relative who attended the school. She was in the 6th grade and was still misspelling simple words like "Godfather". This is ridiculous and unexceptionable. When your child leaves this school they will not be prepared for their next level.

New Mark Of Excellence School 5

Posted September 01, 2011
My experience with this school has been positive. All the teachers are caring, dedicated, and skilled. Mrs. Davis expects excellence from the students and staff. The school is accredited and has a challenging college prep curriculum and almost 100% graduation rate. The school is a safe environment for kids. The school is small so the students get more individual attention and there is a family closeness. Mrs. Davis has been an administrator and teacher in public and private schools for many years. As with any business, don t base your opinions on negative reviews. The best way to judge for yourself is to visit the school and meet the teachers and students. You have to see it and feel it for yourself. It s a great school.

Posted January 11, 2011
I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone. I figured it would be a great school to enroll my child in but after the 2nd week of school I was ready to remove them from the school (the only problem is that you sign a contract). They have a uniform policy but the website that you have to purchase the uniform tops from never have anything in stock. It's a fundraising fee of $250 but no fundraiser which I believe should be explained b/c I consider it being a "just because" donation rather than a fundraiser. They will close for ever little thing as if parents don't have to work . Once they had to close early due to a little snow only problem is they waited until the last minute instead of calling they sent e-mails out at about 10:45 a.m. informing us parents that the school was closing at noon I found that to be so tacky. I can not wait until this school yr is over NEVER AGAIN...Lesson Learned

Posted December 09, 2010
If you are considering sending your child to New Mark of Excellence, please stop and reconsider. The staff and facilty in itself are ranked above adverage in my book. But as far as the leadership, founder and principle Ms. Davis does not display a love or even caring for her students. She is condesending and unprofessional in meetings with students, parents alike. I would think as the leader and owner the most positive and professional attitude would come from the top. Clearly, Ms Davis is not concerned about the reputation of her school or more importantly, even the emotional toll her literally and for lack of better words mean and purposely hurtful comments have on the students under her care. I can not in this forum convey the level of disrespect I experienced on a regular basis from Ms. Davis and the negative effects she has had on my child. I hope no other parent or child has the experience myslef and my child had at NMOE with Ms. Davis.

Posted August 03, 2010
My husband andI looked at this school for our daughter and immediately decided not to enroll her. As we were talking to the staff member (she said she was Mrs. Davis' daughter) all she was doing was rolling her neck around in circles, telling us how much she couldn't wait to get out of there so that she could go and get her massage. I was really turned off by that gesture and immediately told my husband that was not the place for us/our child. That let us know that her massage was more important to her than our child's education. We took our money somewhere else.

Posted August 18, 2009
I am a parent who has had two children in the NMOE school for the past three years. My oldest child will attend high school at one of the best magnet schools in Baltimore because of the foundation he received in New Mark. My youngest is starting middle school this year. I appreciate all of the strengths of the school. I'm a firm believer in finding out all about a school in person before I commit to a contract, so there were no surprises for us. We knew what we signed up for, and because we are hands on parents, we had no surprises about our children. We have received more than what we've paid for, and I love New Mark and Ms. Davis for that.

New Mark Of Excellence School 5

Posted October 28, 2008
I am currently attending this school and ms chaney is like the best teacher who supports every student with the same respect regardless of who you are are the teachers are curious and they all treat you like their students and i would like to congradulate ms. davis for making it and all other teacher who teach us to be leaders. KEEP IT UP!

Posted September 29, 2008
I am a parent of a student who attended this school. Overall, the academic and administrative staff is very supportive and seems to genuinely care for the welfare and academic progress of the students. The leadership and management of this school, though, leave a lot to be desired. The Principal eschews immoral behavior and other forms of misconduct which in itself is good, but I have found her to be extremely unfair and condescending in her tone with students and parents regarding issues that arise that would reflect badly on the school's reputation if these issues were publicized. Ms. Davis will misconstrue facts in order to maintain the so called integrity of her school. This school is supposedly based on Christian values. I find it extremely hypocritical and disappointing that she would resort to deceptive measures when dealing with issues that directly affect the reputation of NMOE.

Posted September 24, 2008
I am a fervent believer in giving credit where it is due, but in all fairness I have to speak up to anyone considering enrolling their child/children in this school. Be careful and read the contract before plunking your money down. Should you decide to take the plunge and have your child attend this school, sign up to pay monthly. Should you decide to withdraw and transfer your child, you will not have wasted your money because you won't get it back. And believe me; you will come to that decision. This school has the potential to become great. It's not bad, but it sure could use some improvement; especially in the area of leadership. The leader/founder/principal, lacks all of the qualities she demands from her students and parents. Successful relationships require mutual respect and cooperation. Both of which are seriously lacking from Beverly Y. Davis.

Posted September 24, 2008

2605 North Rolling Road, Milford Mill, MD  21244
Last modified New Mark Of Excellence School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
New Mark Of Excellence School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top