No rating

Elvaton Christian Academy

Private | PK-8 | 55 students

Our school is best known for exceptional teachers and small class sizes!

Living in Millersville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $431,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,540.

Posted May 19, 2014

This school is academically excellent and a spiritual encouragement to all who attend! It is a beacon in a dark world. It is a family. It is a fun place to learn and a place where futures are made! This school is the foundation that my kids deserve, and it will make their high-school years successful! My school only needs more students like you!

Posted May 2, 2014

Great school! Caring teachers, small classes, dedicate staff and a safe enviroment make learing a pleasure for the kids.

Posted April 30, 2014

My girls started at Elvaton Christian Academy when they each turned two years old. Some of the things we enjoyed were the smaller class room settings, the friendly and helpful teachers and staff, but mostly was the Christian values it gave them started at such an early age. We unfortunately had to leave ECA and go to public school. Both of my children made easy transitions into their new schools. In fact they were ahead or right on track in most of their classes. The one thing that they had, that most of their classmates did not, was their strong Christian beliefs that Elvaton had instilled in them. So yes, I highly recommend ECA. It is a wonderful little school with a huge benefits.

Posted April 30, 2014

My children were truly blessed to have been a part of Elvaton Christian Academy. The education they recieved while there was top notch. The curriculum was accelerated and it allowed my children to have a head start when entering the next grade level in public school. The spirutual guidance and leadership of the staff at ECA influenced them in making good choices in life. The school was small and personal and helped foster strong relationships with families. Parental involvement is encouraged and celebrated! The tuition was very affordable. Elvaton Christian Academy is about quality not quantity. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted April 24, 2014

What I love about ECA is how everybody is nice, and the teachers are good. From a current student

Posted April 24, 2014

Tuition is reasonable and the staff is attentive and caring. The kids learn a tremendous amount. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted April 23, 2014

Elvaton Christian Academy is a wonderful family environment. Everyone is happy to see each other and are sincerely concerned with your well-being. This serves as wonderful examples of how we all should socially interact. The children learn so much because they know they will receive support when facing challenging work. There are many positive benefits at this school.

Posted April 23, 2014

If you are looking for a school that goes beyond academics to build the character of your child, Elvaton Christian Academy is the choice!

Posted April 22, 2014

I absolutely love this school. It is and has been a blessing to me and my family for many, many years. I came to find out about the school at a very difficult time in my child's life. My child was "falling through the cracks" and the public school system would not give her the individual attention that she so desperately needed. ECA teachers wrapped their loving arms around my child and helped her to read! I am so thankful that God brought this school into my life. My daughter has a strong God-centered foundation that will take her though life. Thank you ECA!

Posted April 22, 2014

The teachers and the love they have for the students is unsurpassed. We highly recommend ECA.

Posted April 22, 2014

Elvaton Christian academy has been nothing but amazing they have worked with me and my daughter to give her the best education the staff is always loving and supportive my daughter will stick with Eca until the end love this school

Posted April 22, 2014

Our family has a very long relationship with Elvaton Christian Academy. My step son & daughter went to K-2nd in 1995-1997. Now my 2 children started attending ECA when they were 3 & 4 years old in the Wee center. My oldest graduates the 8th grade this year. She has attended ECA for 10 years and has loved every teacher and ever experience she has had at this school. My younger daughter will graduate next year and it will be a very sad occasion that our 21 year long relationship with this school will be coming to a close. Our entire family will miss the entire staff. Everyone at ECA is amazing and their main goal is to educate the children and help the parents to raise them in the way of the Lord. This is one of the best private schools you could ever choose to send you child to. I being a 20 year veteran have some knowledge on the subject. All of the staff and children are amazing and you would love all of them and they would all accept you with open loving arms as well. I could go on and on about how wonderful the staff and school is but I am running out of space so you should visit the school yourself and find out how wonderful it is for yourself. From, A Very Grateful Parent

Posted April 22, 2014

As a parent I love Elvaton Christian Academy. My son does not do well in large groups of people and the small class size at ECA is perfect for him. He gets a lot of one on one attention and he is doing so well there. The teachers are amazing with the kids. He has been going there since pre K and I hope to have him there thru 8th grade.

Posted April 21, 2014

We can't begin to express how pleased we are with the education our daughter receives at Elvaton. She excels in the smaller class environment. We have peace of mind knowing she is receiving a quality education by loving and caring teachers and staff.

Posted April 17, 2014

Elvaton Christian Academy Teachers are caring and committed to their students. It is obvious the students love the teachers and staff too. There are many opportunities for parents to be involved in academic and after school activities at Elvaton Christian Academy too. For a parent, knowing your child is learning in a safe, loving and fun environment is a wonderful feeling. Before and After Care is offered for those who need it.

Posted October 29, 2013

Elvaton Christian Academy is a wonderful school. My three children are eager to learn in this nurturing environment. They provide activities within each class and allow the all the ages to learn from one another. The many role models have been great in setting the expectations I have concerning their behavior. I am comforted in knowing my children are well cared for.

Posted October 24, 2013

I started with Elvaton Christian Academy in 1984 with my daughter. I love the school and the Godly ministry. The teachers are excellent as well as all the staff. My granddaughter now attends the school and she loves it. The school feels like home. The curriculum is awesome. The learning environment is structured but fun and well rounded. The school is a safe haven for all children. Elvaton is the best. I have been involved for 26 years and love it.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 23, 2013

I have both of my children in the WEE program. I love that they are getting a Christ environment, loving teachers and caring staff. I know when I drop my children off they are well taken care of. The smaller class sizes also are great to encourage learning. Recommend Elvaton WEE to everyone I know.

Posted October 23, 2013

Elvaton Christian Academy is a great school. My son started in kindergarten after interviewing several schools, both public and private, and I was most impressed with Elvaton Christian Academy. Their student to teacher ratio, academic cirriculum, and religious foundation have helped my child grow academically, and also helped my child build morals that include respect, kindness, and always believe in yourself. The teachers and staff at ECA are family and are such a big part of what makes Elvaton a great school and they are the reason the children to excel with all aspects of school and love it while they do it. I love this school and its staff and so does my child! It is not about the money, it is about the children and I have been very impressed with the progress of my child academically.

Posted October 21, 2013

My 6 year old son goes to Elvaton Christian Academy. We are thrilled with the school. Not only are they very good in academics, they teach the children to love the Lord and on another. This is not a bible thumping group, they teach the bible and speak the truth in love, they are non-judgemental and loving. We attend a different church, and they are very respectful of other church families and denominations. I would highly recommend this school.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 6%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
ELL/ESL Coordinator
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Speech and language therapist(s)
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Extra learning resources offered
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Technology

Health & athletics

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
Clubs
  • Cooking club

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:15 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Dallas Bumgarner, Administrator
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • pastorbum@aol.com
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Fax number
  • (410) 647-3261

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Direct instruction
  • Immersion Abeka

• Foreign languages
  • Religious
  • Technology
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• ELL/ESL Coordinator
  • Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Computer lab
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Drama
Media arts
  • Graphics

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Awana
  • Cooking club
  • Youth Group

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor