Millersville, MD

Old Mill Middle South 4

Posted August 15, 2014
I absolutely love OMMSS. They've recently been implementing STEM into almost everything. I am actually in the STEM program and going into 7th grade. So far the teachers are amazing! The vice principal is fairly scary, but he kind of has to be to do his job, so I understand and that's okay. All my friends love it too! I mean, it's still school so it kinda sucks, but for school, it's awesome! And I actually feel like I'm learning something!!!

Old Mill Middle South 1

Posted June 24, 2013
Omms is absolutly terrible there is only certain teachers who actually cared about me and my grades. They don't take care of problems unless someone threatens them. 2 out of 11 teacher actually care. The bullying there is bad. I got bullied every year i went there. I can't stand this school!!! If you care about your child do not send them to this school.

Old Mill Middle South 2

Posted March 13, 2013
OMMS is absolutely horrible. I was a student there all three years. I can say that it was neither academically challenging nor did it have a friendly environment. The administration is terrible and ineffectual. The teachers I had were either very great or very incompetent. While the latter frustrated me very much, I still do not believe that teachers should be accountable for everything, b/c in some cases the students are clearly just not willing to put any sort of effort into it. The principal was the worst part about it. She came to OMMS the same time that I did. It seemed like OMMS was a much better school before she came, and it just got worse as time passed. I blame a lot of the school's mediocrity on her. I can really only compare her to a fascist dictator. She implemented a variety of arbitrary rules, such as the elimination of all school bells, which allowed teachers to say that a student was late to class whenever. Apparently tardiness is subjective. All her "efforts" to better the school failed miserably. She simply doesn't understand what the school needs, and she attacks all of the wrong problems. I was glad to finally leave and go to OMHS.

Old Mill Middle South 4

Posted September 23, 2011
This has been a wonderful experience for my daughter who is currently a 7th grader at this school. Teachers and other staff members are very supportive of the student body and the classes seem to be very well taught. A few times my child has had problems with other students, the administration has been quick to act and resolve the problems. Several activities for the student body to participate in and I particularly love the STEM activities!

Old Mill Middle South 2

Posted June 10, 2011
This school let my child down! He was bullied all of 6th and 7th grade, halfway thru 8th grade he started acting out and did a few things he shouldn't have. He revealed in counseling that his teachers or the school didn't care about him so why should he respect or care about them? Is that the message this school WANTS to send? My son ended up in home teaching, but the bullies are still there. What's wrong with that picture. If your child is a good student you'll be fine, if your child has any special ed requirements - good luck - the school doesn't want to deal with it so they do everything in their power to get the child out, not fix the problem. I even think that some of the teachers provoked my child just so he would react and that would build them a better case against him. Not a fan at all!!!

Posted April 19, 2011
i love this school it has a little bit of drama but what school doesnt so if you have kids take them here

Old Mill Middle South 1

Posted June 27, 2010
This is a horrible school! Education should be fair for ALL students, not for a choice few! My two sons were constantly bullied at this school and nothing was done, except for my sons being suspended. The administration is EXTREMELY disrespectful to students and parents. The teachers could also do a more effective job, as well.

Posted April 10, 2010
Yay !!!! i love this school my daughter has become soooo much smarter!

Posted January 21, 2010

Old Mill Middle South 0

Posted December 17, 2009
My son just started at Old Mill as a 6th grader for the 2009-2010 school year. While he has had a very hard time adjusting to 'middle school', there have been a couple teachers who have really gone above and beyond to encourage him and keep the lines of communication open to me. I can easily contact them by e-mail and ALWAYS get a very quick response back. This has done a lot to ease my concerns, and keep my son on task! THANK YOU Mrs. Hartman, Mr. Smith, and Mrs. Harrington!

Old Mill Middle South
620 Patriot Ln, Millersville, MD  21108
Last modified Old Mill Middle South is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Old Mill Middle South Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top