Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We had some great experiences, but when my daughter suffered a brain aneurysm my grandson's grades tanked. Then his saxophone disappeared. He's over in high school now, but it's difficult to recover without assistance.

Bad for students with learning disabilities - but apparently it's ok for "general education" students. My son has an IEP and unless you push and remind teachers of his accommodations, they don't get implemented. If it's an encore (elective) class or after school program, forget it! There are a few great teachers (Ms. Lapati/Science is fantastic!!), but unfortunately they get overshadowed by teachers who have no control over their noisy classrooms. End note: Principal Page is fantastic and very responsive, but of course can only do so much at the classroom level. Parents just need to stick together and be as involved as possible!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Some teachers are good and stick to their material and keep the students in check, reports my son. Most, however, at least in 6th grade this year are ineffective at keeping order in their classrooms. At least one teacher got so frustrated with noisy kids she told them to throw away the project they were working on and do a writing assignment instead. Another teacher dropped the ball on her after school class.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Not once did my son come home with an assignment in English - a writing assignment. WOW!!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My 6th grade son has learned that being quiet and listening to the teacher doesn't matter because he gets punished along with the rest of the class for noisy, disrespectful kids who talk over the teacher. Even "good" teachers punish the entire class for a few misbehaving students. My son also has had a calculator and numerous pencils disappear from his desk and binder.

I absolutely love OMMSS. They've recently been implementing STEM into almost everything. I am actually in the STEM program and going into 7th grade. So far the teachers are amazing! The vice principal is fairly scary, but he kind of has to be to do his job, so I understand and that's okay. All my friends love it too! I mean, it's still school so it kinda sucks, but for school, it's awesome! And I actually feel like I'm learning something!!!

Omms is absolutly terrible there is only certain teachers who actually cared about me and my grades. They don't take care of problems unless someone threatens them. 2 out of 11 teacher actually care. The bullying there is bad. I got bullied every year i went there. I can't stand this school!!! If you care about your child do not send them to this school.

OMMS is absolutely horrible. I was a student there all three years. I can say that it was neither academically challenging nor did it have a friendly environment. The administration is terrible and ineffectual. The teachers I had were either very great or very incompetent. While the latter frustrated me very much, I still do not believe that teachers should be accountable for everything, b/c in some cases the students are clearly just not willing to put any sort of effort into it. The principal was the worst part about it. She came to OMMS the same time that I did. It seemed like OMMS was a much better school before she came, and it just got worse as time passed. I blame a lot of the school's mediocrity on her. I can really only compare her to a fascist dictator. She implemented a variety of arbitrary rules, such as the elimination of all school bells, which allowed teachers to say that a student was late to class whenever. Apparently tardiness is subjective. All her "efforts" to better the school failed miserably. She simply doesn't understand what the school needs, and she attacks all of the wrong problems. I was glad to finally leave and go to OMHS.

this school is awesome once i was in this i learned more and i like sports day

these commen told about my school are not all lies but most of these things people say are their own opinion, but when you can sit there and say that this is a bad school and it is dangerous is not true. I am going to the 8th grade and im fine. parents how would you kow what really happens at school, yeah your child may come and say something, but how do you know what really happened. Could your child have started an incident? I don't understand how you can say the guidence counselor didn't care when they may have help a child or if they didn't mean to seem to not care. Oe more thing parents please please do not bring up issues of bullying when it has nothing to do with the school. Bullying is terrible, but this website is so that we know more about the SCHOOL. Thank this will be my 3rd and last year at this chool and i am glad it is at old mill middle south......... HOME of the PATRIOTS

Last modified Old Mill Middle South is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.