Millersville, MD
Students enrolled: 2,235

Posted December 17, 2012
We are a military family, my children have attended eight different schools so far. OMHS is the worst one ever. We will be moving early to get away from this school. It is not military-friendly at all. The school has no leadership and teachers are never held accountable. My children's education has suffered.

Posted July 24, 2012
I have two children that unfortunately attend OMHS. My son took three AP classes last year- the teachers were not qualified to teach the class. I asked if my son could take the class online and the school said no. They would not work with us. They were only concerned with the numbers game not the children...ex. we offer 20 AP classes (only 5 of them are quality classes though) My son has been bullied and harassed at the school and the staff does NOTHING. If my child had a choice between dropping out and attending...seriously consider dropping out- this school will only harm your child and the principal does not care. The gangsters run this school don't let the staff tell you otherwise.

Posted January 07, 2012
This school is absolutely poor Bad Teachers students and staff Rate -10 out of 10

Posted November 30, 2011
This school is so unorganized. It has too many students. The kids practically run the school.. When I was there they had so many fights and people setting trash cans on fire. It was ridiculous. I was glad to graduate in 09 .And also you do not learn alot, the teachers are mediocre.I rather go to Baltimore City Schools, at least I can learn things. And by the way its like a prison, No windows, "OD" patrolling the school, and those wanna be security people walking the hallways does'nt help. Like I said the students ran that school.

Posted November 07, 2010
My son is in 10th grade there. He has been tested gifted and talented yet they refuse to even try and meet his needs. He is discouraged and doesn't care about school anymore because the teachers don't care and the school doesn't care. The school doesn't seem to make efforts to encourage kids that may be having difficulties. Despite all of that, I am most upset with the quality of the education. It is horrocious! My neice in VA who is 10 years old with a learning disability is more educated than a 10th grader at this school. I've even visited my son's classes (honors) and they read the information to them instead of making them read the book on their own. They even hand out tests and then give them the answers before they turn them in! I was shocked! I can't wait to move!

Old Mill High School 5

Posted March 29, 2010
I will admit that there are alot of fights but peolpe have to learn you cant become friends with everybody. The teachers are really great and they do the very best they can makin sure every student understands the concept. There are so many electives and sports to choose from.

Posted February 07, 2010
I went to old mill high for my freshman year 09-10 and now im transfering to somewheres else because I no longer feel safe. The prinicipal just seems to care about us putting our electronic devices away and hats and hoods off and really nobody pays attention because in Jan I had to take a test in Geometry and we had a substittute teacher and kids were texting through out the test and I couldn't concentrate. Plus there are too many kids as it about 2400 now how can you keep track of 2400 kids.

Old Mill High School 5

Posted October 28, 2009
Old mill is a really great school with a lot good teachers and the IB program. The IB program is very well organized and I am really enjoying it although the work is a little lengthy.

Old Mill High School 4

Posted October 21, 2009
Old Mill is a wonderful school for students who are in upper placement classes (AP, IP, Honors), and I can attest to this personally. However, I will be the first to admit there are many students who fall through the cracks. The school has made great strides in improving upper level courses, especailly with the addition of the IB program in 2004, however; the school needs to address problems on the other end of the spectrum. As advice to parents, keep an eye on the placement level of your kids, try to keep them in level 3 classes or higher, I found this is where the most attention is placed. Further, encourage kids to participate in extracurricular programs, OMHS has a wide variety. I know, by participating in sports I definetly enriched my high school expereince.

Old Mill High School 4

Posted August 16, 2009
The international baccalaureate (ib) curriculum at OMHS is a great course for students. The teachers seem to really care about the IB kids. However, there are some teachers and faculty who do not really have the best methods for getting things done. And yes, the school is very crowded. Also, it would be nice to have lockers issued to everyone and not have to carry your things everywhere.

Old Mill High School
600 Patriot Ln, Millersville, MD  21108
Last modified Old Mill High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Old Mill High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top