Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The teaching staff overall is the best you will find anywhere. They genuinely care and work hard with the result being that students are engaged and interested in success. Challenging classes here and the IB program is top-notch. Students are on track for success in college and beyond. Also, great socio-economic diversity and school spirit!

Amazing school. My son transferred here from private school. The teachers and atmosphere are better at Old Mill than his private school. I have never seen a school with as much school spirit as Old Mill. I love, love, love this school.

wow all i can say is bitter anyone after reading the previous comments that are really out of date and not a reflection of the school. really take accountability for your own self. fighting aside (which my daughter has never encountered) the school offers many programs and activities, extra help and teacher guidance. My child is a A/B student and on track for college.

We are a military family, my children have attended eight different schools so far. OMHS is the worst one ever. We will be moving early to get away from this school. It is not military-friendly at all. The school has no leadership and teachers are never held accountable. My children's education has suffered.

I have two children that unfortunately attend OMHS. My son took three AP classes last year- the teachers were not qualified to teach the class. I asked if my son could take the class online and the school said no. They would not work with us. They were only concerned with the numbers game not the children...ex. we offer 20 AP classes (only 5 of them are quality classes though) My son has been bullied and harassed at the school and the staff does NOTHING. If my child had a choice between dropping out and attending...seriously consider dropping out- this school will only harm your child and the principal does not care. The gangsters run this school don't let the staff tell you otherwise.

This school is absolutely poor Bad Teachers students and staff Rate -10 out of 10

This school is so unorganized. It has too many students. The kids practically run the school.. When I was there they had so many fights and people setting trash cans on fire. It was ridiculous. I was glad to graduate in 09 .And also you do not learn alot, the teachers are mediocre.I rather go to Baltimore City Schools, at least I can learn things. And by the way its like a prison, No windows, "OD" patrolling the school, and those wanna be security people walking the hallways does'nt help. Like I said the students ran that school.

My son is in 10th grade there. He has been tested gifted and talented yet they refuse to even try and meet his needs. He is discouraged and doesn't care about school anymore because the teachers don't care and the school doesn't care. The school doesn't seem to make efforts to encourage kids that may be having difficulties. Despite all of that, I am most upset with the quality of the education. It is horrocious! My neice in VA who is 10 years old with a learning disability is more educated than a 10th grader at this school. I've even visited my son's classes (honors) and they read the information to them instead of making them read the book on their own. They even hand out tests and then give them the answers before they turn them in! I was shocked! I can't wait to move!

I will admit that there are alot of fights but peolpe have to learn you cant become friends with everybody. The teachers are really great and they do the very best they can makin sure every student understands the concept. There are so many electives and sports to choose from.

I went to old mill high for my freshman year 09-10 and now im transfering to somewheres else because I no longer feel safe. The prinicipal just seems to care about us putting our electronic devices away and hats and hoods off and really nobody pays attention because in Jan I had to take a test in Geometry and we had a substittute teacher and kids were texting through out the test and I couldn't concentrate. Plus there are too many kids as it about 2400 now how can you keep track of 2400 kids.

Last modified Old Mill High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.