Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted June 12, 2015
Kingsford is an Excellent school and the staff is Great! Principal Watkins and her staff are very caring and responsive. I have had 2 children to attend the school and they each have excelled! My wife and I work with our children but really appreciate the academic work that they have received at the school.

Kingsford Elementary School 1

Posted February 10, 2014
There is no support system in this school. The Principal allows parents to dictate there children's education and behavior. I've seen daycares ran better then place!!! Your child is not safe in this school, Principal (Ms. Watkins) and staff have allowed plotted assaults and have allowed parents full access to school and classrooms during teaching time which questions the safety of the children and teachers. If this is the best school in PG then it's no wonder PG is graded the worst schools in are nation.

Posted August 31, 2011
I believe this to be an excellent school with excellent administration. Paulette Watkins is exceptional at leadership and has earned the respect of each parent, teacher and student. To differ from the same belief that I have with my comments would be based on one's own self evaluation of how involved they are with their own children. Kingsford fosters an environment of learning that I have yet to see in any of the county elementary schools. Each school has its challenges and so do we all. The proof is by taking a visit and seeing the acitivies that are made of great importance by the leadership, such as quarterely awards presentations. Continue to shoot for the stars Kingsford!

Posted June 30, 2011
Great Academic and Fine Arts curricular support in all programs! I am a proud Kingsford parent.

Kingsford Elementary School 4

Posted April 22, 2010
I think this is a good school. My only concern is that they do not communicate with the parents as well as I would like.

Posted November 10, 2009
Kingsford ES is an excellent school. I found that teachers are involved, some more than others perhaps. I also feel there is a lot of emphasis on the state wide test scores than implementing a well rounded curriculum. However, with more parent involvement and support, I think that can change as anything else. Parent involvement is lacking greatly in this school and it sometimes shows through their child(ren).

Posted November 03, 2009
My daughter attends Kingsford for K-5 and she loves it. I love her teacher. I believe the school has a high parent involvement rate compared to other schools in PG county. Kingsford provides activities and functions for the parents to be involved. The key part of a child's edu. is parent involvement. The Principal and Vice Principal compliment each others personality, one is very vocal and aggressive and the other is very calm and reserved but not weak. I am happy as of now......

Kingsford Elementary School 2

Posted May 06, 2008
I've experienced Kingsford upper grade teachers don't care much for their students at all. They are barely managing the day to day operations, so education and any child that needs even just a little encouragement becomes neglected and left behind. The only phone calls I get from the schools are from my child, who is informing me that once again he wants to leave the school. I sit in his classes frequently (most times spying thru the class door window as not to be seen by my child and the teacher) and half the time the teacher is threatening the students. They take recess away on average 4 days out the week (and they wonder why these kids cannot calm down). If you have a choice, go somewhere else!

Kingsford Elementary School 4

Posted April 07, 2008
Kingsford is a excellent school. My children have been challenged in the TAG program. The teachers and administration have been responsive to my phone calls and emails. I do believe you have to be an active participant in your child's education. Remember education begins in the home.

Kingsford Elementary School 2

Posted March 04, 2008
Kingsford was an excellent school, but I would say it is a good school at this point. My children have attended Kingsford since Kindergarten and while the lower grade teachers are great, I don't think the administration has found the right blend of caring and committed teachers for the upper grades. The library is under utilized and there is a degradation is return emails and phone calls. The principle, the counselor and even the teacher of my oldest child have yet to respond to meeting requests. There seems to be little effort to bridge the gap with those children who are on the fence in learning and this is a great mistake.

1401 Enterprise Rd, Mitchellville, MD  20721
Last modified Kingsford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.