Mitchellville, MD
Before care: Yes

Kingsford Elementary School 1

Posted February 10, 2014
There is no support system in this school. The Principal allows parents to dictate there children's education and behavior. I've seen daycares ran better then place!!! Your child is not safe in this school, Principal (Ms. Watkins) and staff have allowed plotted assaults and have allowed parents full access to school and classrooms during teaching time which questions the safety of the children and teachers. If this is the best school in PG then it's no wonder PG is graded the worst schools in are nation.

Kingsford Elementary School 5

Posted August 31, 2011
I believe this to be an excellent school with excellent administration. Paulette Watkins is exceptional at leadership and has earned the respect of each parent, teacher and student. To differ from the same belief that I have with my comments would be based on one's own self evaluation of how involved they are with their own children. Kingsford fosters an environment of learning that I have yet to see in any of the county elementary schools. Each school has its challenges and so do we all. The proof is by taking a visit and seeing the acitivies that are made of great importance by the leadership, such as quarterely awards presentations. Continue to shoot for the stars Kingsford!

Kingsford Elementary School 5

Posted June 30, 2011
Great Academic and Fine Arts curricular support in all programs! I am a proud Kingsford parent.

Kingsford Elementary School 4

Posted April 22, 2010
I think this is a good school. My only concern is that they do not communicate with the parents as well as I would like.

Kingsford Elementary School 0

Posted November 10, 2009
Kingsford ES is an excellent school. I found that teachers are involved, some more than others perhaps. I also feel there is a lot of emphasis on the state wide test scores than implementing a well rounded curriculum. However, with more parent involvement and support, I think that can change as anything else. Parent involvement is lacking greatly in this school and it sometimes shows through their child(ren).

Kingsford Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
My daughter attends Kingsford for K-5 and she loves it. I love her teacher. I believe the school has a high parent involvement rate compared to other schools in PG county. Kingsford provides activities and functions for the parents to be involved. The key part of a child's edu. is parent involvement. The Principal and Vice Principal compliment each others personality, one is very vocal and aggressive and the other is very calm and reserved but not weak. I am happy as of now......

Posted August 19, 2009

Posted April 29, 2009

Kingsford Elementary School 1

Posted July 18, 2008

Posted May 06, 2008
I've experienced Kingsford upper grade teachers don't care much for their students at all. They are barely managing the day to day operations, so education and any child that needs even just a little encouragement becomes neglected and left behind. The only phone calls I get from the schools are from my child, who is informing me that once again he wants to leave the school. I sit in his classes frequently (most times spying thru the class door window as not to be seen by my child and the teacher) and half the time the teacher is threatening the students. They take recess away on average 4 days out the week (and they wonder why these kids cannot calm down). If you have a choice, go somewhere else!

Kingsford Elementary School
1401 Enterprise Rd, Mitchellville, MD  20721
Last modified Kingsford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kingsford Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top