Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I am a parent of a 2nd grader at Woodmore. I am so happy with this school. Principal Walker is a great leader and is very involved in all school related events. My son was a low fill transfer student. Me and my wife met with the principal for a tour of the school and was highly impressed. The parents of this school are unlike any school I have seen in PGCPS. I personally attended PGCPS schools my whole childhood. Parents normally are not involved in the learning process or active in the schools. This is not the case at Woodmore. Having the parents, students, and school all working together does make a difference and I am happy to call this school home for my child.

Woodmore features a core of experienced teachers who have worked together for nearly a decade, supported by a strong administration. Although class sizes have come up in recent years, the educators are deeply committed, and a well-run intervention system provides an effective safety net, so that those students who require small-group attention can receive that help from specialists. Classes are well-managed, and the school is in a tranquil, green environment, bordered by a golf course and a gated community. This is a safe and happy place to send your child, where he or she will receive a quality education.

I love this school, I currently have 2 boys and one on the way into Woodmore the staff is Awesome! There is a lot of parent involvement which allows the school to be successful and the kids know they have both teacher and parent support.

My son has been at Woodmore for about a year now and he loves it. Principle Walker is great and his Kindergarten teacher is excellent. Test scores have increased every year over the last 5 years. This is a great school that has great people inside it.

This is our first year at Woodmore. I love this school and the staff. The staff is professional, fair and friendly. Although they are lacking some of the bells and whistles of a newer school, it functions great.

We have been at Woodmore a little over 3 years after transferring from a Charter school. We love the teachers and the principal is excellent. She knows the students and the teachers work with the students.

Second year at Woodmore and I'm very pleased! Principal Walker is very approachable and hands on. I encourage more parents to volunteer and help the teachers and staff wherever needed.

The Great Schools rating is based strictly on the pass rate for tests compared to other students in the state. A "5" rating means that the pass rate at Woodmore is equal to the average pass rate in the state. If a school had a Great Schools rating of 2, then it means that their pass rate is in the 2nd lowest decile (i.e. if the total range of pass rates is broken into 10 equal groups, a 2 would mean that 80% of schools in that state had an overall pass rate that was higher). This can be deceiving b/c a school with a Great Schools rating of 9 may have a pass rate of 99% (for the whole school), while a school with a GS rating of 3 may have a pass rate of 91% (these are just examples). In both cases, the school is teaching so that more than 90% of kids pass, but the school with the "9" rating looks A LOT better than the school with the 3 rating. The pass rates mainly reflect the economic diversity of the students and a few students failing in each grade can dramatically change the pass rate from 97% to 91% --- which can change the Great Schools rating greatly.

I am a new parent that transferred my child from a private school and I'm extremely pleased with both the administration and teachers. I m impressed with the efficiency, professionalism, positive school climate, and commitment to education.

I am a prospective parent and based on the test scores and what I have actually observed from my tour and discussions with parents and the Principal, I believe a score of 5 is too low and very misleading. I also think that the rating may cause prospective parents not to consider enrolling their children in what I believe is a good/solid school. I contacted the principal at Woodmore Elementary school (Jill Walker) requesting a tour/information. Imagine our surprise when she exchanged several e-mails with me and personally gave us a tour! She was very forthright and candid about challenges that her school and other public schools are facing in this very tight budget climate. I was very impressed with her knowledge, demeanor and education philosophy. The school environment was orderly and clean and most importantly teachers and children were engaged. As a result, we plan to enroll our 4 year old daugher there next year. I plan to encourage parents at Woodmore to post their reviews of the school in order to provide a balanced and holistic picture of this school as there appears to be a direct relationship between the number of positive ratings and the greatschool rating.

Last modified Woodmore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.