Mitchellville, MD

Posted December 02, 2014
I am a proud Woodstream Christian Academy Upper School Parent! I have seen my child mature in many different ways. The transition from the Grammar School to the Upper School was a challenge, but I realized that it required my child to become more independent. The life lessons my child has learned at Woodstream Christian Academy is irreplaceable. I am very pleased with the quality of teaching and have quietly observed the success of the graduating seniors. The amount of college scholarship dollars they have received over the past 6 years is unbelievable! No school is a perfect fit for every child; however, Woodstream Christian Academy works well for my family. I highly recommend WCA to other Christian families!

Woodstream Christian Academy 2

Posted November 11, 2014
WCA falls short compared to other private schools. Facilities aside, the quality of the education is not adequate. I believe there are some bright spots in regards to teachers (i.e Tutor Brown, Tutor Sampson and Tutor Davidson).. However, they are stretch really thin by having them teach several grades and other duties. There's no accountability !! Teachers are not observed and rated for effectiveness. As a parent, I have to demand homework every night, vocabulary words and writing assignments. The aforementioned are all items that a student will need going into high school and college. Also, with the emphasis on State Common Core standards, WCA is not ensuring that they teachers are accurately utilizing these standards. No consistency except for raising money.. Overall, I'm not pleased and would only suggest the lower school. My child will not be returning no matter the amount of scholarship money.. Please remember that you have to maintain a B in average in college to keep those scholarships.. Getting them and not able to keep them is not worth keeping your child at WCA just because of scholarship money.. I rate my overall experience over the last 5 years as a 2.

Posted October 15, 2014
Woodstream Christian Academy is an excellent school! I am a grandparent of four WCA students. Every time I enter the building I am treated with respect. The students are joyful and the atmosphere is positive. My grandchildren are doing exceptionally well academically and they also play on various athletic teams. I pray for Woodstream Christian Academy daily. God is doing great things there!

Posted October 05, 2014
I am a proud Alumni of Woodstream Christian Academy. The experiences I had academically, socially, and spiritually were nurtured by a fantastic staff. I attended WCA from 5th -12th grade and grew to love the small class room environment and the ability to be involved in numerous sports, fine art performances, and volunteer opportunities. It was at Woodstream I discovered my love for teaching students through tutoring and because of that opportunity I decided to pursue a degree in Early Childhood Education. Because of Woodstream, I felt prepared for the academic rigor of my college classes, especially in my English and Theology courses. Most Importantly, Woodstream is a school that places God first. Students are challenged to live like Christ through their actions and words, but they are still free to make their own decisions. This allows students to want to seek out a deeper relationship with God out of desire and not out of obligation. Overall, I am thankful for my time at the academy.

Posted September 16, 2014
As an alumni from the inaugural graduating class of WCA, I can say that there is no other place like it. I have attended three different private schools in the short span of my high school career and the two I spent at WCA had a significant impact on both my spiritual and academic success. Having a close-knit community of tutors (teachers), staff and peers, made my high school experience meaningful. Delivering a thesis in 10th grade and being a apart of the only Christian (winning) debate team in the DC Urban Debate League are just a few of the many gems that WCA has to offer. I credit my stability in my belief of God to my 12th grade Apologetics class that thoroughly explored the Christian worldview in comparison/ contrast to those of other religions. Having a Rhetoric class as part of the Classical method of learning, gave me a competitive edge as both a writer and public speaker. Do I think that WCA is everyone ? No, I don't. I think WCA is for parents and students who are willing to take responsibility of their education and spiritual growth and do the work required to be successful. It's a place to restart, to develop and succeed in the safety of a small Christian environment.

Posted September 09, 2014
Woodstream provides an excellent environment for learning. The administration and teachers are well qualified and demonstrate a love for teaching. The administration is very conscientious of who (teachers) that they place is the classroom. Thus, they maintain is strong teacher recruitment program. My children have become more independent since attending the Academy. The curriculum is designed to ensure children are actually excelling and excited about learning.

Posted August 28, 2014
It is truly an honor to be an alumni of this great institution. My experience attending Woodstream throughout high school was nothing short of life-changing. I was challenged cognitively, developed socially, encouraged emotionally, and strengthened spiritually. Opportunities such as playing for the Girls Varsity Basketball Team, being an Ambassador, SGA Member, National Honor Society Member, and even being able to study abroad are a few highlights of my experience at Woodstream. Not only were the teachers able to fully prepare me for my collegiate academic career, but they were able to impart godly values and principles in me that have shaped me into the woman that God desires me to be. As I embark on my senior year of college as an Early Childhood and Special Education major, I would be amiss to forget my foundation. The ability to maintain my spot on the Dean s List for three consecutive years, as well as accepting various different offers from nationally known honor societies is a testament of my experience at WCA. I pray that I will be able to impact the lives of my future students in the way that Woodstream Christian Academy has impacted mine. Class of 2010!! Go Bucks!!

Posted August 26, 2014
Woodstream Christian Academy is an EXCELLENT Academy!!! We have four children in various departments of the school. The atmosphere is amazing. All of our children have tested well on standardized tests, enjoy going to school, and are growing spiritually. I love the Christian Classical Approach to education. I highly recommend Woodstream Christian Academy to other families.

Posted August 26, 2014
Our family values the Christian education our children receive at Woodstream Christian Academy! I know of no other school that takes the time to offer free, daily academic coaching sessions for middle and high school students after school. High school teachers and Deans that walk parents and students through the college admissions process one on one. I am so excited to see our oldest child graduate from WCA this spring! Go Bucks!

Posted August 26, 2014
I attended Woodstream Christian Academy from 8th-12th grade and had an amazing experience. WCA provided me with so many incredible opportunities that shaped me into the person that I am today. I had the opportunity to participate on the debate team, drama team, mission s team, student government association, Christians Reaching Out and Serving Society, National Honors Society and Track & Field. I had the opportunity to study abroad in England, Rome, Paris, Greece, and even went on a summer missions trip to an orphanage in Mexico. Apart from the extra curricular activities, I received a quality Christian classical education. The intimate classroom setting challenged me to think critically, quickly, and challenge different ideas and theories. Moreover, I was trained to articulate my thoughts confidently and in a logical manner. The teachers at WCA are excellent and are committed to educating and training young champions for Christ. The friendships that I built with my classmates are priceless. WCA has prepared me to now be a graduate student and teacher. My experience at WCA was life changing; I will forever be a proud buck!

Woodstream Christian Academy
9800 Lottsford Rd, Mitchellville, MD  20721
Last modified Woodstream Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Woodstream Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top