PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

My son has a learning difference. His teachers have always supported him and have gone above and beyond the "call of duty" to ensure that he masters the content.

Develops character: Strongly agree

WCA is intentional about character development. There are character themes each month and the children are taught to live a life of integrity, compassion, and respect. They are encouraged to follow the Bible.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The WCA teachers are EXTREMELY committed to academic excellence and character development. When my oldest child was young, I learned a valuable lesson as a parent. I had a poor perception of how to advocate for my child. If a teacher informed me or my husband that my child was not cooperating or did something that needed to be addressed at home...I would get offended and defend my child's wrong doing immediately. One day, a seasoned teacher pulled me aside and showed me how to best partner with my child's teachers instead of blaming them every time my son did something wrong. She told me that my child's poor choices did not mean I was not a good parent and that my child was not going to succeed. My child needed to develop and WCA was there to support him. I will never forget how that teacher spoke truth to me in love and she taught me healthy ways to partner with everyone who would invest in his life (teachers, coaches, mentors, etc.). Not only have my children learned so much at WCA, but I have learned and developed stronger parenting skills.

Amount of homework: Agree

As parents we have to think long-term. We all want the best for our children, but at times it maybe difficult to watch their journey to success. Greatness equals commitment, sacrifice, perseverance, and discipline. In the midst of raising our children it seemed at times as if homework was overwhelming; however, all of my children agree that it was the homework that helped them develop time management skills, study skills, and it allowed to them to pause to assess each day if they truly grasped the lessons taught at school. If they did not, they would email their teachers and the teachers would prepare and arrange time to assist them one-on-one or in a small group the next day. My children transitioned to college with self-advocacy skills and were not afraid to ask for assistance. These skills were developed at WCA. They were college and career ready!

Woodstream Christian Academy provides students with a firm academic foundation. Our children attended for 11 years and we have been extremely pleased with their academic fortitude. Grit was cultivated in our children which has translated to multiple areas of their lives. They are now pursuing college and graduated degrees. As a family, we attribute their successes to our parent partnership with WCA. If you desire a rigorous, caring, and safe learning environment for your children, then, enroll your children in WCA!

I am extremely impressed with the education my children are receiving at Woodstream Christian Academy. This is an academy for students who are willing to work to develop critical thinking skills that can be applied to all areas of life. My children are challenged to grow not only academically, but also spiritually and socially. This is a school for parents who are committed to the "Process of Learning." I highly recommend WCA to families who are committed to classical Christian education.

There are only a few good things about this school. The only reason they are getting two stars from me instead of one is because I like some of the teachers there. Once you get to middle and high school here, WCA becomes absolutely abismal. Especially for the seniors, but the Deans leave the highschool students basically to their own devices. They don't help with fundraising, they are too strict on some things, and they have bad attitudes a lot of the time. I would not recommend this schoo at all unless your child is in 4th grade or below.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Tutor Brown, Tutor Kump, Tutor Davis, Tutor Renita Wingfield, And Tutor Davidson are the only good teachers at the school at I have dealt with personally. They are in the highschool section.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The honesty, integrity, and fairness values to students do not exist in the middle and upper school.

This is not a nurturing, loving, caring, Christian learning environment. The tutors have lied on children and administered undeserved demerits without reasonable explanation. The Dean of the upper school has turned children away from school and class with a smile. The attitudes of the tutors and Dean of the middle and upper school has been rude and nasty. The administration, i.e. Principal and Dean do not respond to emails or phone calls within a timely manner and serious concerns are grossly delayed. Serious incidents or concerns are not addressed until weeks and months later. There are better options for schools. Please continue searching for other options. Woodstream's middle and high school should be closed. They are not skilled or compassionate enough to educate children.

Last modified Woodstream Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12