PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Posted December 16, 2011
I went to CFMS from kindergarden through 5th grade and I an honestly say it has been the best school experience. I am currently in eigth grade and CFMS has prepared me very well. It is such a loving envirorment and because it is a small school it is more like a family. 'Til this day all my best friends are my friends from CFMS. I miss this school very much. The teachers are very caring and and the community is wonderful. CFMS has made me love learning and I would recommend anyone to send their child here.

Posted September 06, 2011
The school moved to DC in the 2011-2012 school year. An amazing location to match the outstanding education. The individual learning and care that is given to each child is above and beyond anything I have seen or experienced.

Christian Family Montessori School 4

Posted May 05, 2010
Christian Family Montessori is a warm, caring, and vibrant environment with outstanding teachers. Beyond the proven appeal of the Montessori curriculum, the Catechesis of Good Shepard program is a wonderful supplement and helps instill a sense of spirituality and peace among the student community. Parental involvement is high and there are many school community events. My children LOVE going to school and I'm witnessing their inner curiosity and love for learning blossom more each year!

Posted October 08, 2009
My daughter loves it here. The administration is spot on and the parent dedication shows.

Posted August 27, 2008
I love this school. I have no complaints. My son is reading very well at four years old. He is doing math, can add subtract and multiply. He has developed a desire to learn that I just don't see in most children. He is learning to think differently. I have nothing but high praises! The staff really loves the students. It's far from being just a job. I trust them with my children. I am completely satisfied. I also like that the enviornment is diverse.The cost is also very reasonable. I highly recommend CFMS.

Posted December 17, 2007
My children are now in college. They attended CFMS for pre-school through second grade. It was a wonderful experience, which I believe put them on the right track for their future--excelling in education as well as growing up to be wonderful people. CFMS was a remarkable, vibrant environment for kids with outstanding teachers. I love this place.

Posted March 08, 2007
Our child has thrived in the primary and does not cease to amaze us with what she is learning. The primary children are taken on discovery walks outdoors and given plenty of playtime in addition to the structured montessori environment. The Catechesis of Good Shepard program is a wonderful supplement and helps instill values in the children. Parental involvement is high and there are many school community events including picnics, spring n sing show, and parent ed sessions. About extracurriculars--There are no sports teams. There are dance classes and the elementary children go on a short camping retreat each year. Our child LOVES going to school--how wonderful is that. Bottomline, its a great school.

Christian Family Montessori School 4

Posted January 22, 2007
My child has been at CFMS since age 4 & has loved it. Parent involvement is excellent. School community is small and you tend to at least know parents in passing. No on-site aftercare is provided. There are no extra-curricular activities, ex. no band, no sport teams. It also lacks a PTA. I feel the school is great at the primary levels, but for the upper elementary level it lacks what other local private schools have. Also, CFMS is slightly more expensive than other area schools. I highly recommend CFMS if your child is just beginning school. CFMS has helped instill values that a regular public school could have not.

Christian Family Montessori School
201 Allison St., NW, Mount Rainier, MD  20011
Last modified Christian Family Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6