Mt Rainier, MD
Before care: Yes

Mt Rainier Elementary School 2

Posted September 01, 2013
My daughter just started Kindergarten & this school has been very frustrating! I've been trying to get involved & stay on top of things since registration but have been unsuccessful. First of all, we were never notified that there was an orientation or a supply list. When we got the list it was very generic (ex- "glue sticks". How many do they need?) It took a full week of school before I got any papers to sign (emergency forms, lunch forms, etc)& that was after I had to pester the teacher about it. I have no idea what she is learning about in class & there are NO notes sent home about rules, behavior, curriculum. In the mornings, the doors are left wide open & anyone can come in or out. I do not feel comfortable with that at all. I was also trying to get my teaching certification since last year. I tried to do my practicum hours there & had called & emailed the school almost daily from Feb-May and NO ONE had responded to me about what I would need to do to get my hours in there. I've decided to move a little ways down the street so my daughter can go to a better school.

Mt Rainier Elementary School 4

Posted June 05, 2013
My child just graduated from Kindergarten. Mount Rainier reminds me of my elementary days, being very traditional and community oriented. I admit that my child should be more academically challenged because she is an advanced reader. However, my sincere belief is that they, with help from the parents/community, are truly striving for excellence. As a former educator, I know that finding veteran teachers, and those with strong emotional intelligence can help a program thrive, and surpass expectations. One suggestion might be to make the school a teaching school, allowing college interns assist the veterans/current teaching staff in formulating highly effective curriculum and lesson plans.

Mt Rainier Elementary School 5

Posted July 31, 2004

Mt Rainier Elementary School
4011 32nd St, Mt Rainier, MD  20712
Last modified Mt Rainier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mt Rainier Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top