Posted March 23, 2015
Worst teachers ever do not care about the kids at all only teach for a pay check if teaching is what you wasn't to call it.....principal only helps the Spanish community when asked to speak with her she sends out her side kick who in my eyes should be in her seat

Thomas S. Stone Elementary School 4

Posted July 19, 2014
The Headstart Program at Thomas Stone is wonderful! My child is getting ready to go into kindergarten with a very good foundation as provided by her headstart teachers, Mrs. R and Mrs. C. Very happy that we were able to utilize this resource!!!!

Posted June 24, 2014
This school is by far the worst I have ever seen. This was my child's first year at Thomas Stone and I don't think she will return, the staff is unfriendly and they are unorganized. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted October 28, 2013
This is the first year in this school for my kids and I think its going to be the last one too. This school is awful the kids seem like they are always running around without any supervision . I once went to pick up my daughter and she was suppose to be at the park but yet she was walking to the restroom by her self without a grown up and she is a kindergarten. The principal seems like she never have time to speak to the parents and the teachers are always in a I really don't like this school very disappointed :(

Thomas S. Stone Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
This school is just an elementary school, but it is a far superior school since my friend is a teacher there. She is very smart, and very courteous to all. Her students like working with her.

Posted September 04, 2013
Thomas Stone Elem is by far the worst School for my child. No one there Makes my child feel comfortable. I walk in there and It seems like no one smiles. Especially my child's Teacher. I have always wondered why she would cry when I would walk her to School. It's because they don't they don't make her feel welcome.

Thomas S. Stone Elementary School 5

Posted July 13, 2010
I'm was a student at Thomas stone elementary and I have to say that it is a great school the principal is very great and the teachers and staff are very nice and they truly care about each and everyone of the students and they are all encouraging the students to do a great job which I am sure they will.

Posted November 09, 2009
The arrival and dismissal coordination is chaotic and a bit unsafe. Buses and cars drive up to the same drop off spot. People are crossing in front of cars. The administrators are also rude and do not treat parents with much respect. The teachers are great, but the school has some challenges with its safety and drop off procedures.

Posted December 28, 2007
I am parent and believe they need a better system when it comes to dismissing the students. They need to provide better parking for the parents and I haven't heard anything about the aftercare programs. Or course the teacher's are great and that is important. The parents need some love also.

Thomas S. Stone Elementary School 5

Posted September 30, 2004
I love this school. It has wonderful progams and it is a safe place for everybody and I have to say the teachers are very, very, very, smart indeed. I think that everybody should come here.

4500 34th St, Mt Rainier, MD  20712
Last modified Thomas S. Stone Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas S. Stone Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top