New Carrollton, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted June 03, 2014
I really like this school. The new principal is very professional. I am going to graduate in a week and am sad to go.I would highly suggest that your child be Sent to this school. They are very advanced in academics and get great test scores. The children there are okay but they really need to keep some tabs on them and What they do on school grounds.

Carrollton Elementary School 4

Posted April 18, 2013
Carrollton Elementary is a neighborhood school with friendly staff and teachers. It offers a good foundational education. My son is in kindergarden there and he is learning and growing. I really like the new prinipal Mr Galbraith he is very approachable. He makes himself available to listen to parents and is very active and hands on with all aspects of school life and the kids love and respect him. The school has limited extracurrilar activities though and the school building is dated, definitely in need of a facelift.

Posted June 03, 2011
My daughter may only be in kindergarden, but i feel she has learned and exceeded so much in the past year; that i am pleased to tell everyone how great the teachers and staff at Carrollton Elemantary are! Our first year of school for has been unforgetable and greatly apreciated. I give them a grand honor for all their hard work, patience, and dedication they put in everyday.

Posted October 13, 2008

Posted January 02, 2008
Personally, I think the school has declined somewhat in the past few years. I don't think the Principal and new vice principal are as affective as the previous principal. She was wonderful. The vice principal at times has been somwhat unprofessional in his interaction with the children. Overall, the school is ok. Again, I think there is not a good balance between the arts and education. Sports, art, music, are all things that keep some children interested in school especially as they get older and can assist in them maintaining good grades. Overall, I think this is a pretty good school.

Posted December 31, 2007

Posted September 28, 2005
Academically the school is on the ball. I do believe they need more extracurricular activities for instance ART. These things balance children. Maryland school focus on test scores they do this because this is how the school receive it's funding, its not right but it is true. Overall New Carrollton is a pretty fair school it is low ranked but we as parents and staff are working on that.

Posted July 22, 2004
This is one of the best schools I have ever had any of my children in. Most of the teachers are wonderful. THe are very helpful and considerate. But the best thing about this school is the principal. She is excellent, and all of the parents and students love her. Keep up the good work Mrs.Gaines.

Carrollton Elementary School
8300 Quintana St, New Carrollton, MD  20784
Last modified Carrollton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carrollton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top