Bad
Good

Lamont Elementary School 4

Posted June 30, 2011
I have a son who attends this school, and his academic skills continue to keep soaring. I am so proud of him and the results this school has brought out. My son went from being socially inclined to one of the classes social butterfly. I cannot wait until he enters first grade this year.

Posted August 26, 2008
I have a daughter who attends Lamont Elementary who has had continued success with acedemics. I am excited that she is now entering the third grade and can participate in extra carricular activities. I highly recommend Lamont Elementary.

Posted January 22, 2008
I have a daughter who attends Lamont Elementary School. This is an excellent school and they do by any means necessary to help your child succeed if they are falling behind. The teachers are wonderful and the interim principal is excellent. I highly recommend Lamont Elementary to any parent looking for a great school.

Posted January 18, 2008
I have had varied issues with this school. I have a child that has gone to Lamont since grade K. The classes are overcrowded with little support. Unfortunately if your child has academic issues they DON'T do anything about it. Even the teachers will give you no help with it and I have experienced this with 2 teachers at the school. I will be pulling my child out and sending them to a better school.

Posted November 01, 2007
I attended Lamont Elementary and to me, it is a fairly good school... the principal is old, but decent... he obviously cares about the kids' education since he talks nonstop about it. I am now a 7th grader, but I was at that school for grades K-6 and I've sat there through all his lectures about education... it was tiring, but needful. He always has a point. I also heard they made AYP just last year. Lamont is definetly on its way to major excellence; no doubt about that.

Posted January 03, 2005
Lamont element is an exellent place of learning, the teachers are really doing their best to make their students succeed in everythings especially their reading program.

Posted January 06, 2004
Overcrowded...lacks order and individual student-teacher relationship. Little to no extracurricular activities for grade school boys.

Posted December 05, 2003
Budget is terrible. Teacher support is minimal. Discipline is poor. Classes are crowded. Principal is approaching retirement. S.O.S.

Lamont Elementary School
7101 Good Luck Rd, New Carrollton, MD  20784
Last modified Lamont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.