Bad
Good

The Teachers are very caring and supportive. The Magnet program was very beneficial. There are many resources for the children if they need to be brought up to grade level or if they are above grade level to keep them challenged.

Teachers or administration showed no genuine interest in my child, they only covered their own behinds and pushed my daughter along!!!! Blue Ribbon- what a joke!

My school has so many great people running it! They are honest and hard-working and show true heart felt interest in my children!

This school has an excellent principal who has a staff dedicated to meeting the needs not only of students who need extra help but students who are above grade level as well. The specials programs have excellent teachers as well and there are so many extra opportuntities for every child's interests (running clubs, band, chorus with shows etc). My child is in the magnet program and the teachers are just phenomenal.

Great principal! Wonderful parent involvement! Great community service! Challenging and caring faculty! Students are fantastic!

My son started this school last year in Kindergarten. He had some trouble with reading and was way below where he should have been. His teachers immediately identified the problem and by the end of the school year he was reading at grade level. I really appreciated the time and attention they gave him, even with lots of other kids in the class with high levels of reading (some of his friends) and lower levels of reading. They seem to be able to handle it all.

The teacher, and faculty of the school seem to genuinely care for all of the children. They constantly go out of their way to ensure that everyone is comprehending the material, while offering enrichment opportunities for those that need pushed harder. The atmosphere is warm and kind. Volunteering is highly encouraged. I couldn't recommend any school more.

New Market, MD has the best elementary school in the state of Maryland. I am happy that my children attend this wonderful school.

We have been in NMES since 2005. I truly would not have my children attend anywhere else. I know that they are receiving a top quality education while being nutrured and respected. The staff is amazing. Renovation of the school is complete and any concerns regarding space, lighting and safety are no longer an issue. The parent volunteers are plentiful. Volunteers are always welcomed.

I cannot find enough words to express the amazing job that this school ALWAYS done in regards to teaching our children. They are strict within the school without being overly so! I am proud that my son will be graduating this year!

Last modified New Market Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.