North East, MD

Posted April 23, 2014
This school makes college seem like a joke. College classes are much easier due to going to this school. I am graduating college with a 3.9 gpa this year, and it is all because of Tome. I was also apart of two sports and two clubs. There is always something to do at Tome, and the biggest part is it really does create a family. Five years later and we are still all hanging out with the people we graduated with.

Posted February 13, 2014
I am a freshman and I love it! Strong, classical education, non-religious, great teachers, and all taught at a college prep level. It is a college prep school, after all!

Posted September 04, 2013
I strongly dislike Tome. I would never recommend it. I am a student. Next year I plan on transferring and I can't wait! The teachers expect respect from the students, but most do not return the respect to the teachers. I did like lower school, but middle school has been the worst experience of my life. The teachers are unfair. I really miss my old principal...she was the best. I would only recommend this school if you wanted to ruin your child's childhood.

Posted June 27, 2012
The Tome School is a small K-12 private school located on a 100 acre campus in North East, MD. Students receive individual attention from their teachers as class sizes are kept small (less than 30 students per class). The small class size and dedication of the faculty and staff foster a warm, caring environment for students that is extremely conducive to learning. I have attended Tome as a student, worked at the school, and have a mother who is the former head of this school, so I have gotten to see Tome from various perspectives. Former students have gone on to Harvard, Cornell and other Ivy League universities. In order to arrange a visit, call the main office at 410-287-2050.

Posted May 04, 2012
I have two daughters at Tome and I could not be more happy with their education. I have found the faculty to be nothing but caring and supporting during our 8 years there. It is nice knowing they are receiving a great education by people who sincerely care about them. Keep up the great work!

Posted February 12, 2012
School offers no support to children, much of the staff seems unwilling to help students who are having issues.

Posted December 21, 2011
I attended Tome for several years, it's just an all around great school! It really prepared me for college.

Posted November 02, 2011
By the way, A. Bucci was not a teacher at Tome, but rather a parent who substituted periodically as part of a volunteer program the school offers for tuition reduction.

Posted April 05, 2011
BEST DECISION I EVER MADE. I graduated from this school recently and am now a successful college student. A college prep school, this is the institution's main concern. I learned how to read and write critically while still in high school. By the time I got to college, I was way ahead of my counterparts. The school requires you to dedicate much time and effort into your work but it is worth it in the end. Tome has some very special and gifted teachers who are patient, kind, and extremely intelligent. If you are willing to put the effort into your work, so are they. Free tutoring is offered by every teacher at least once a week. As far as extracurricular activites, the school may appear lacking. However, you have to remember that you can't join every club a public school would offer anyway. Tome offers many varsity sports, a drama club, envrirothon team, National Honor Society, Key Club, a band, Environmental Club. There is leadership opportunity for those who want to pursue it. I would not trade my high school experience for anything.

Posted March 02, 2011
Tome school is not for everyone. The school makes really good followers, no leaders! The teachers and staff seem friendly and kind until you sign that contract.! Then things change!

The Tome School