Odenton, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted October 29, 2013
My daughter loves this school. It is a blessing to have her go to a school which is CHRIST centered. The teaching of the bible and the curriculum of this school are awesome. I teach my child to fear the Lord and respect others. This school is in line with my belief.

Odenton Christian Academy 1

Posted June 21, 2013
This is the worst experience my daughter has ever had at any school. In the year that she was at this school, she unlearned everything she has learned in her previous year at another school. They spend so much time focusing on making a 4 year old write in cursive that they forget to teach the essentials. furthermore, my daughter keeps telling me that she wants to die and go to God. I don't think a 4 year old should want to die because someone tells her that she will go to God. Obviously they are not teaching Christianity in the right way suited for children her age.The staff is rude and can be very unpleasant at times. Although we are a Christian family, I think the fanaticism displayed by the teachers are ridiculous and overwhelming to a child who has not even come into her own. I will not recommend this school to any parent.

Odenton Christian Academy 1

Posted November 14, 2012
Horrible school..if you value your children find an alternative. My child is still calling herself a goat which is what one of the k-3 teachers repeated called her. Dangerous environment!

Odenton Christian Academy 4

Posted April 12, 2010
Love their K3 and K4 program. My child learned so much and we are very greatful. As for comments about them not letting kids be kids(3 and 4 year olds) I do not agree. I have one of those kids who is very outspoken, questions evrything, thinks he's the boss, and even though he may not have gotten a green slip everyday...when he did he was so proud of himself. Kids will be kids, but they cannot disrupt the education of those who want to learn. We knew that by sending our child to OCS that he would learn that there is a time to play and a time to learn. My child is well above his grade level and still has his personality. Just like there are laws we must follow when we're adults, there are rules you have to follow when your children.

Odenton Christian Academy 0

Posted August 10, 2009
Education is great at this school, but the staff and teachers are too hard on younger kids. They need to realize that they are kids. Tuition is reasonable compared to many private schools.

Posted July 23, 2009

Odenton Christian Academy 2

Posted May 01, 2009
Too hard on 3-4year olds.

Posted March 13, 2009
I transferred my child to OCS after one semester in Anne Arundel County Schools. I think AACS are great, but my child was bored and they did not move fast enough. OCS has challenged her from day one and she is very happy there.

Odenton Christian Academy 3

Posted March 03, 2009
5 stars for academics. 2 stars for understanding the developmental needs of 3 or 4 year old children. If your child follows your directions the first time you ask them and never questions you, then Odenton is a great place for your child.

Odenton Christian Academy 4

Posted August 22, 2008
The education at Odenton at this level surpasses those of the public school system and even some private schools. The education program from kindergarten through middle school is academically second to none. After the middle school level it is best to transfer to another high school program. Odenton is not physically or academically capable to educate high school children. In fact, the school s high school curriculum is not accredited by the state of Maryland.

Odenton Christian Academy
8410 Piney Orchard Parkway, Odenton, MD  21113
Last modified Odenton Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Odenton Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top