Odenton, MD

Posted September 01, 2014
This school has some great teachers but the current principal is disorganized and horrible at parent communication. Many classes are disrupted by unruly students and teachers are not supported by admin. My son is given little to any enrichment as opposed to the great experience we had at his elem school, Piney Orchard. If you child is advanced, look at a magnet school or go somewhere else.

Posted March 23, 2014
arundel middle school is a great school with very few errors! take it from me, a former student of arundel middle that when you child walks in arundel middle they will be better suited for the future than most orher schools.

Posted November 13, 2013
Arundel Middle should be rated a 5 or 6. They need to improve in all areas from Teachers, assistant Principal and how they handle bad kids.

Arundel Middle School 1

Posted November 01, 2013
Arundel is a decent school. However, the teachers and admins are rather carefree of student behavior and some of the rules are downright unfair. Some teachers are great, but most have the major flaw of viewing this stint at AMS as a job and not as a career. They take out their frustration on the awkward preteens they are supposed to be nurturing

Posted September 19, 2013
My two sons attend Arundel Middle School. The teachers I have met have been passionate and caring. Both of my children have IEPs and I truly feel the co-taught classes and teachers that support them are wonderful. They are getting a good education and seem happy to go to school. I know people who went to Arundel and now their kids go to Arundel. We are lucky.

Arundel Middle School 3

Posted May 15, 2013
I am about to enter arundel, and I have heard great things about the school, and that the rumors are untrue. But, I have also encountered complaints about it, about a couple of rude staff members and them not caring about complaints. But let's be real, there are going to be rude teachers at every school, and there is going to be strict staff members. I am very excited to enter the school district of arundel, I am sure I will have a great experience.

Posted January 08, 2013
Arundel is a decent school. However, the teachers and admins are rather carefree of student behavior and some of the rules are downright unfair. Also, more so than usual, subs are rather ignorant of what the teachers they are filling in for actually do. Some teachers are great, but most have at least one major flaw. Assistant teachers also seem to be rather self-empowering and sometimes downright rude.

Posted June 06, 2012
This school is......ok. As a student, although some teachers are amazing, I think that most of the teachers have poor attitudes to the education of the students and to the students themselves. The school is unresponsive towards student and parent complaints, at least from my experience, and some of the rules are extremely unfair. There are a couple teachers who either push the students too hard, demand too much, hate the students, are completely ignorant, or who are bad at teaching. The principal is great, but one great staff member, even the principal, is not enough to turn the entire school around. This school manages to teach you things, but overall I would not recommend it. The learning experience is not that good, and I feel that the people who think Arundel is great are those who have not encountered the problems that I have, those that do not have those poor teachers, and those that have not had to go to the school with complaints - only to find that the staff doesn't really care and won't really help you. This school definitely needs improving.

Posted January 05, 2010

Posted December 27, 2009

Arundel Middle School
1179 Hammond Ln, Odenton, MD  21113
Last modified Arundel Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arundel Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top