Odenton Elementary School

Public | K-5

Posted April 23, 2014

My child is at Odenton to address special needs. While the majority of the staff has been great with my child, one key member consistently ignored my concerns. This greatly impaired my child's capabilities and progress as it left other team members unaware of my concerns. This member also gives poor explanations for reasons behind actions/inactions. Parents need to make sure to talk to multiple staff members so their concerns aren't completely ignored. The before and after school services refused to care for special needs children. Transportation services are very unreliable. This school does have some great staff members, but parents need to be weary so they do not encounter the same pitfall I did.

Posted February 28, 2014

Each facet of Odenton Elementary seems tailored made for our children. Every staff member and volunteer is attentive, respectful, and supportive to the needs and progress of their students. Initially, I was nervous about entering our children into the public school system, I have to say that Odenton Elementary rivals any private school in terms of curriculum and expectations of students...all this headed by their hands on principle Ms. Tracey Ahern.

Posted January 18, 2014

My son is currently a 5th grader at Odenton ES and we have had nothing but a positive experience at this school. He scores well on all his tests, they've worked fabulously with his ADHD issues and the staff truly cares about it's students!

Posted August 7, 2012

My son went to kindergarten here and we just loved it. The front office staff is always so very friendly, helpful and accomodating. The teachers are all very good. They are patient with the kids, they love teaching and most of all they truly cared about the students. I was very involved in the PTA and I wish more parents took some time to go to the events. The school provides so many family centered events and always focuses on the students. We are sad to have to leave as we are moving to a different area. We love the school

Posted July 7, 2009

The OES staff and teachers are absolutely wonderful! I haven't heard any complants from other parents or others in the community...only positive remarks! In addition, there are a number of children from outside of the county-drawn school boundaries that apply each year to return to this wonderful school. OES continues to improve its test scores and overall rating by working with each child to ensure that they not only meet, but rather exceed their learning requirements. Teachers are very interactive with parents whether by good-ol' fashion notes, by phone, or the best - by email. This will be my son's second year and I have found that you can expect an answer by email to any concern/question you may have b/f the end of the day. This allows real-time knowledge of how your child is performing and allows you to prevent/correct any issues that may pop up. Thanks OES!

Posted October 7, 2008

I think the teachers and staff at OES are all wonderful. This is the third year that my two children have been at the school. I couldn't be happier with the communication between teachers, administrators, and parents. Parents are well-informed about their children's progress (positive as well as negative), school events, etc. I have no complaints and my children love it there too.

Posted August 16, 2008

I don't agree with the last parents review my son attended for his second grd year and will be there for hopely the rest of elementary school life, my son has ADHD with other issues and had some bad times but the teachers and principal refused to give up they worked with him and comunicated with me. Together we had him reading from a 1st grade level to 3rd grade in a only couple months. with his behavior issues he had that they couldve suspended him they didn't. So on the other parents issues maybe they wasn't involved in there working with them also please understand kids act different in school then at home some for the worst.

Posted February 14, 2006

My son is in the ECI program also and my daughter will be in kindergarten next year. Every on in the school is very nice. I belong to the PTA and are very involed. I feel the more partens are involed the better chance your child will have.

Posted April 13, 2005

My child was in the Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) program here, and the teachers and other staff were fantastic. He made such wonderful progress and we couldn't be happier with the experience.

Posted April 8, 2005

Actually, I think this is a GREAT school. My daughter attended Kindegarten, 1st and 2nd grade here. In fact, this school is out of the area for her but well worth it. The teachers, PTA and principals are all outstanding. The office staff, nurses and guidance office are all outstanding. They push the children to do their best and I believe they push more than they are required which is definitely a positive thing. The school has also won several awards. It's clean and very safe. Parents do not have to worry. Even loading and unloading buses, crossing streets....there are teachers everywhere to make sure the kids are safe. We have a new school being built in our community so this unfortunately is her last year because she'll be required to attend the community school. I'm somewhat protective of my child in this crazy world but this is a great school.

Posted June 9, 2004

Not at all pleased with this school. 'No child left behind' give me a break. This school must not have been aware of that program.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

71 students were tested at this school in 2013.

>=95%
Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

71 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 44%N/A42%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1290 Odenton Rd