Odenton Elementary School 3

Posted April 23, 2014
My child is at Odenton to address special needs. While the majority of the staff has been great with my child, one key member consistently ignored my concerns. This greatly impaired my child's capabilities and progress as it left other team members unaware of my concerns. This member also gives poor explanations for reasons behind actions/inactions. Parents need to make sure to talk to multiple staff members so their concerns aren't completely ignored. The before and after school services refused to care for special needs children. Transportation services are very unreliable. This school does have some great staff members, but parents need to be weary so they do not encounter the same pitfall I did.

Posted February 28, 2014
Each facet of Odenton Elementary seems tailored made for our children. Every staff member and volunteer is attentive, respectful, and supportive to the needs and progress of their students. Initially, I was nervous about entering our children into the public school system, I have to say that Odenton Elementary rivals any private school in terms of curriculum and expectations of students...all this headed by their hands on principle Ms. Tracey Ahern.

Posted January 18, 2014
My son is currently a 5th grader at Odenton ES and we have had nothing but a positive experience at this school. He scores well on all his tests, they've worked fabulously with his ADHD issues and the staff truly cares about it's students!

Posted August 07, 2012
My son went to kindergarten here and we just loved it. The front office staff is always so very friendly, helpful and accomodating. The teachers are all very good. They are patient with the kids, they love teaching and most of all they truly cared about the students. I was very involved in the PTA and I wish more parents took some time to go to the events. The school provides so many family centered events and always focuses on the students. We are sad to have to leave as we are moving to a different area. We love the school

Posted July 14, 2009

Posted July 07, 2009
The OES staff and teachers are absolutely wonderful! I haven't heard any complants from other parents or others in the community...only positive remarks! In addition, there are a number of children from outside of the county-drawn school boundaries that apply each year to return to this wonderful school. OES continues to improve its test scores and overall rating by working with each child to ensure that they not only meet, but rather exceed their learning requirements. Teachers are very interactive with parents whether by good-ol' fashion notes, by phone, or the best - by email. This will be my son's second year and I have found that you can expect an answer by email to any concern/question you may have b/f the end of the day. This allows real-time knowledge of how your child is performing and allows you to prevent/correct any issues that may pop up. Thanks OES!

Posted December 15, 2008

Odenton Elementary School 3

Posted November 11, 2008

Posted October 07, 2008
I think the teachers and staff at OES are all wonderful. This is the third year that my two children have been at the school. I couldn't be happier with the communication between teachers, administrators, and parents. Parents are well-informed about their children's progress (positive as well as negative), school events, etc. I have no complaints and my children love it there too.

Posted August 16, 2008
I don't agree with the last parents review my son attended for his second grd year and will be there for hopely the rest of elementary school life, my son has ADHD with other issues and had some bad times but the teachers and principal refused to give up they worked with him and comunicated with me. Together we had him reading from a 1st grade level to 3rd grade in a only couple months. with his behavior issues he had that they couldve suspended him they didn't. So on the other parents issues maybe they wasn't involved in there working with them also please understand kids act different in school then at home some for the worst.

Odenton Elementary School
1290 Odenton Rd, Odenton, MD  21113
Last modified Odenton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Odenton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.