Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal is amazing. She is always friendly & smiling and knows my daughter by name after only a few weeks. She also communicates weekly by email with the parents about things going on with/at school!

Amount of homework: Neutral

My 1st grader doesn't receive homework other than a reading log - I do like not having homework because it gives us more time for family & fun - but I would sometimes like to be able to see things she's learning/working on in school and HOW she does her work (ie: math problems, etc.)

My daughter has only attended this school for a few weeks since moving from another county, but I am VERY impressed. There are so many family-involved events. Everyone is so friendly & accommodating, and the principal & other staff always greet her by name every morning at drop-off. I love the "Class Dojo" app that they use to communicate - there are always open lines of communication with quick responses from every teacher/staff member. I'm so glad we moved to this area and I look forward to sending my younger daughter to OES for pre-k next year!

I have a special needs child and the school is very accommodating for her. The principal is very involved in the every day routine and knows the children by name. The staff are all friendly and you can tell everyone there really cares about the children.

This school could be a little better, at least in my experience. The principal is amazing she gets students to be excited about reading. The problem is, the rest of the teachers are not so amazing. When i was there, i felt like i was being treated like a two year old. I didnt get much respect between at least a coupple of the teachers that i had. I was only there for the fith grade so i cant tell you what its like for the younger grades. The teacher that i had was a little young so it seemed like she didn't have much experience. But what really threw me off was the time when my teacher blamed all of us for the whole fith grade getting failing grades on some benchmark test. She and another teacher said that they were disappointed in us when really they didn't do there jobs right and teach us what was going to be on the test. All in all, it was an okay school but I've been to better.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I think elementary students are too young to even be given homework but this school does and its ridiculous.

I work and have children of my own at OES. I have to say that I am very proud to be a part of this community. The teachers and staff are all professional and attentive to children's needs but not stuck in patterns and willing to take on the professional challenges that form a growth mindset. Additionally, the parents are hard working and proud. When called upon, most who may not have an abundance will still generously share what they can and give time for their kids. This is a smaller school that is often overlooked amongst the new construction and vastly affluent schools, but has more dedication to education and does the most with what they have for the betterment of the community as a whole. I'm proud to be a staff and parent of OES.

My child is at Odenton to address special needs. While the majority of the staff has been great with my child, one key member consistently ignored my concerns. This greatly impaired my child's capabilities and progress as it left other team members unaware of my concerns. This member also gives poor explanations for reasons behind actions/inactions. Parents need to make sure to talk to multiple staff members so their concerns aren't completely ignored. The before and after school services refused to care for special needs children. Transportation services are very unreliable. This school does have some great staff members, but parents need to be weary so they do not encounter the same pitfall I did.

Each facet of Odenton Elementary seems tailored made for our children. Every staff member and volunteer is attentive, respectful, and supportive to the needs and progress of their students. Initially, I was nervous about entering our children into the public school system, I have to say that Odenton Elementary rivals any private school in terms of curriculum and expectations of students...all this headed by their hands on principle Ms. Tracey Ahern.

My son is currently a 5th grader at Odenton ES and we have had nothing but a positive experience at this school. He scores well on all his tests, they've worked fabulously with his ADHD issues and the staff truly cares about it's students!

Last modified Odenton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.