Odenton Elementary School 2

Posted August 24, 2015
This school could be a little better, at least in my experience. The principal is amazing she gets students to be excited about reading. The problem is, the rest of the teachers are not so amazing. When i was there, i felt like i was being treated like a two year old. I didnt get much respect between at least a coupple of the teachers that i had. I was only there for the fith grade so i cant tell you what its like for the younger grades. The teacher that i had was a little young so it seemed like she didn't have much experience. But what really threw me off was the time when my teacher blamed all of us for the whole fith grade getting failing grades on some benchmark test. She and another teacher said that they were disappointed in us when really they didn't do there jobs right and teach us what was going to be on the test. All in all, it was an okay school but I've been to better.

Odenton Elementary School
Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 24, 2015
I think elementary students are too young to even be given homework but this school does and its ridiculous.

Posted February 03, 2015
I work and have children of my own at OES. I have to say that I am very proud to be a part of this community. The teachers and staff are all professional and attentive to children's needs but not stuck in patterns and willing to take on the professional challenges that form a growth mindset. Additionally, the parents are hard working and proud. When called upon, most who may not have an abundance will still generously share what they can and give time for their kids. This is a smaller school that is often overlooked amongst the new construction and vastly affluent schools, but has more dedication to education and does the most with what they have for the betterment of the community as a whole. I'm proud to be a staff and parent of OES.

Odenton Elementary School 3

Posted April 23, 2014
My child is at Odenton to address special needs. While the majority of the staff has been great with my child, one key member consistently ignored my concerns. This greatly impaired my child's capabilities and progress as it left other team members unaware of my concerns. This member also gives poor explanations for reasons behind actions/inactions. Parents need to make sure to talk to multiple staff members so their concerns aren't completely ignored. The before and after school services refused to care for special needs children. Transportation services are very unreliable. This school does have some great staff members, but parents need to be weary so they do not encounter the same pitfall I did.

Posted February 28, 2014
Each facet of Odenton Elementary seems tailored made for our children. Every staff member and volunteer is attentive, respectful, and supportive to the needs and progress of their students. Initially, I was nervous about entering our children into the public school system, I have to say that Odenton Elementary rivals any private school in terms of curriculum and expectations of students...all this headed by their hands on principle Ms. Tracey Ahern.

Posted January 18, 2014
My son is currently a 5th grader at Odenton ES and we have had nothing but a positive experience at this school. He scores well on all his tests, they've worked fabulously with his ADHD issues and the staff truly cares about it's students!

Posted August 07, 2012
My son went to kindergarten here and we just loved it. The front office staff is always so very friendly, helpful and accomodating. The teachers are all very good. They are patient with the kids, they love teaching and most of all they truly cared about the students. I was very involved in the PTA and I wish more parents took some time to go to the events. The school provides so many family centered events and always focuses on the students. We are sad to have to leave as we are moving to a different area. We love the school

Posted July 07, 2009
The OES staff and teachers are absolutely wonderful! I haven't heard any complants from other parents or others in the community...only positive remarks! In addition, there are a number of children from outside of the county-drawn school boundaries that apply each year to return to this wonderful school. OES continues to improve its test scores and overall rating by working with each child to ensure that they not only meet, but rather exceed their learning requirements. Teachers are very interactive with parents whether by good-ol' fashion notes, by phone, or the best - by email. This will be my son's second year and I have found that you can expect an answer by email to any concern/question you may have b/f the end of the day. This allows real-time knowledge of how your child is performing and allows you to prevent/correct any issues that may pop up. Thanks OES!

Posted October 07, 2008
I think the teachers and staff at OES are all wonderful. This is the third year that my two children have been at the school. I couldn't be happier with the communication between teachers, administrators, and parents. Parents are well-informed about their children's progress (positive as well as negative), school events, etc. I have no complaints and my children love it there too.

Posted August 16, 2008
I don't agree with the last parents review my son attended for his second grd year and will be there for hopely the rest of elementary school life, my son has ADHD with other issues and had some bad times but the teachers and principal refused to give up they worked with him and comunicated with me. Together we had him reading from a 1st grade level to 3rd grade in a only couple months. with his behavior issues he had that they couldve suspended him they didn't. So on the other parents issues maybe they wasn't involved in there working with them also please understand kids act different in school then at home some for the worst.

Odenton Elementary School
1290 Odenton Rd, Odenton, MD  21113
Last modified Odenton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Odenton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top