K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My daughter has been attending WCA since first grade and it's been a great experience. She just entered eighth grade and is truly being prepared for High School, college and beyond. The staff and teachers are amazing. And, the God centered environment and curriculum is inspiring her each and every day!

Amount of homework: Agree

Most homework scheduled in classes is completed while still in school. Sometimes there is more, sometimes less. However, the lessons being taught regarding time management, being studious, etc go along with what ever your opinion is of too much or little.

Develops character: Strongly agree

At any school there are issues which challenge the students along with the faculty in dealing with honesty, integrity and fairness. Truly WCA rises to the occasion and strengthens these values that each family teaches at home.

Bad experience overall with this school in terms of course selection, teacher/staff treatment towards certain children and ability to have your child graduate on schedule. This is a christian school that is SUPPOSED to be caring and nurturing. I would not send my child to this school.

I have had two children graduate from this school and I am so grateful for the opportunity to send them there. I truly believe the truth they learned here will shape their entire lives in a positive way. They are prepared for college and for life.

To be honest...I wouldn't even give this school one star. Terrible school overall. The education as well as the teachers make classes very challenging. I've been forced to go to this school for a while now and cannot wait till graduation. Many of my friends are in danger of not even graduating. So, overall, unless you want your son/daughter to be challenged to the point where they WILL fail and have an effect on the colleges their accepted too, don't sent them here. One more note, why would you pay $16000 dollars for it like to be honest I wouldn't send my future kids if it was free.

This is my second year at WCA and I ve had an amazing experience there. From the very beginning, I felt welcomed in. The teachers are awesome, and they care about each student individually. They all know their subjects well, form relationships with each student, and are a LOT of fun. The classes are small, so that everyone gets attention from the teachers and gets to participate. One of my favorite parts about the school includes our house system, where we have crazy competitions for the house cup. Also, I have many wonderful friends from all backgrounds. I would definitely recommend WCA to any high schooler!

No regrets about sending my child here for K through 12. Great campus. Caring staff. Challenging coursework. Christian values.

Washington Christian Academy an awesome educational home for children of all family dynamics. Their teachers are highly qualified, organized, and definitely on hands, serious about the nature of educating the students. The facility is beautiful and updated in technology. Most importantly children are being taught the most valuable foundation and fundamentals of life - that's the biblical knowledge of God!!! The curriculum is balanced thereafter students will be able to be leaders in the world but know the difference of bible living versus worldly mindsets. I applaud values and standards WCA instrument into the lives and educational atmosphere for their students. Our personal experience is that without WCA our children would not been able to handle the challenges and transitions that occurred in our family if they wasn't attending Washington Christian Academy which offer a wonderful loving outlet and environment while educating them daily. The school constantly embraces growth without compromising its integrity of morals and standards. The one and only limitation is transportation however the school is very resourceful and helping in trying to assist with resolutions.

Washington Christian Academy is a private school located in Olney, Md. It has grades K-12. It has a beautiful, recently new campus, which we have spent years saving money for. It is a college prep school with many wonderful teachers with excellent knowledge in the field they teach. The teachers are not only great educators but also wonderful people. They are caring and friendly people. The students themselves are like any other student, but are still willinging to learn and work with diligence, and are kind and friends even to the shyest of people. WCA offers many clubs such as cooking club, drama club, swing dance club, and many more wonderful clubs. It also has many sports available such as volleyball, soccer, basketball, cheerleading, baseball, softball, tennis, and golf. WCA is a loving environment, where you make life-long friends and memories. Personally, I have enjoyed my time at WCA, and I am greatful for the wonderful education and friends that have been bestowed upon me here.

Last modified Washington Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12