Posted February 21, 2012
RPMS is the best school ever! I am a 6th grader and all of the teachers that are here are awesome. With some of the teachers they will talk to you before class about how was your week end and stuff like that. At lunch you can get Slurpee and other great foods. You have different teams like team 6A or team 6B. Also at lunch you can sit with your friends in your grade and not have assigned seats all day. The Teachers are giving nice instructions and giving you one on one help if you need it. You can also come to a class room at lunch for extra help on some thing. There is a choice in it too. You can take a foreign language like Spanish or French, ARTS rotation( every quarter you get a new class EX: Q1: Art Q2: Theater Q3: Computers Q4: FACTS class) or Band class. I hope if you are moving to Olney, MD you will come to RPMS. Trust Me, I go there and When you go there you will be satisfied.

Posted August 01, 2011
As a parent of a special needs child, I can say without a doubt, that the teachers and staff at Rosa have done a superb job of supporting and accomodating my son and, as a result, he has made honor role all year! That, in itself, speaks volumes about the excellence of the staff and terrific leadership of Dr. Jones, the principal.

Posted June 23, 2011
Hands down, Rosa Parks MS has the best prinicpal. Dr. Jones is highly professional, connected and supportive. I have been very pleased with the teachers and there is a high level of parent/community support. This has been an ideal school for my family and we couldn't be any happier. I strongly recommend this middle school, it truly stands out as exceptional.

Rosa M. Parks Middle School 4

Posted January 23, 2011
This school has a fairly new principal who is energetic and creative. The teachers are very good. The school has an active School Improvement team that includes the principal, teachers and parents. The school has great music program. I've found the students respectful and friendly. We have one child who was very successful at RPMS and who continues to be successful in advanced classes at High School. Our other child is still at RPMS and who is also doing well in school. I would agree that the school has a challenging curriculum and good resources to help students. I do feel that the Montgomery County School system is pushing many students into the advanced classes and who might not be ready for the curriculum and end up struggling far too much.

Posted December 13, 2009

Rosa M. Parks Middle School 4

Posted July 27, 2009
This was my childs first year at this school, the school has a challenging curriculum but they have resources in place to help your child get where he or she needs to be. I was impressed with the checks and balances in place to ensure my child was on track to pass his classes and to get additional help if needed. Plenty of conferences, seminars, etc in place through out year that are very useful tools.

Posted June 20, 2009

Rosa M. Parks Middle School 0

Posted January 29, 2009
this school is horrible I have a son who goes here and he went from having all good grades to having bad grades. My son comes home and tells me mom I cant do it this school is just too hard. Dont send your kid here its easy for their grades to fall.

Rosa M. Parks Middle School 2

Posted October 20, 2008
Kids can easily fall through the cracks at this school.

Rosa M. Parks Middle School 0

Posted January 20, 2008
excelent school! keep up the good work

Rosa M. Parks Middle School
19200 Olney Mill Rd, Olney, MD  20832
Last modified Rosa M. Parks Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rosa M. Parks Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.