Bad
Good

I wanted to wait until closer to the end of the year before I wrote a review as this is my children's first year at this school and there is always a "honeymoon phase". So I wanted to make sure it was truly going to last...and boy did it! I have nothing but good...no, GREAT things to say about this school. No school is perfect but honestly, Deer Park has FAR exceeded my expectations. The principal is friendly, the new vice-principal is caring and compassionate (and I was worried because last year's vice principal who went to another school was a gem...so I thought it would be hard to replace her, but they truly made a nice selection.) The PTA sponsors events throughout the year and parents always feel welcomed at meetings (although more should attend) and the teachers (though I cannot speak for all) are terrific. I am not going to rave here about a specific teacher that one of my children has because I want to be fair since I am sure all teachers there have their outstanding qualities, but I have rarely seen a teacher go out of her way as she does. She is a credit to her profession and I keep thanking my lucky stars we got her. Deer Park is a well kept secret...definitely deserving of 5 stars.

What I like abt Deer Park El is the discipline I have observed among the students, staying in the que, not to run around but to walk instead etc. The friendliness of every teacher towards every visitor of the school is also commendable.

Deer Park ES is an excellent school in terms of teacher quality, safety and discipline. Ms. Steele, the principal is outstanding. However, I feel that Deer Park ES defninitely needs more extracurricular activities. I think that with more parent involvement, there will be an increase in extracurricular activities.

Last modified Deer Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.