Bad
Good

It's intersting to read the comment posted below. I worked in many schools and can vouch for the fact that the administration, particularly Mrs Miller is constantly in and out of teacher's classrooms. Mrs. Miller knows the students well and makes every effot to make herself visible to staff members. As a parent myself, I understand concernes about bullying and working with teachers that are new to the staff. It is important to remember that our school is here for children and to best support them in anyway they need. The adminstration ensures that teachers are coached properly and children are taught to best meet their instructional needs. Writing false facts about people, particularly about the lack of involvement by the administartion, is incorrect and I wonder if a "teacher" at our school truely posted the remark.

This school has a 5 out of 10 rating. That may be too high for this school. The test scores tell a deeper and darker story about the poor leadership at the school. They do not observe teachers to monitor instructional quality and as a result there is great variance in the quality of instruction. The school's principal Mrs Miller is an incompetent office dweller who frequently dismisses parental concerns. She has been ineffective at turning the school around and unable to coach ineffective teachers...

Timber grove elementary is a great school. I have 2 kids going to this school, one with special needs, and he is been going to TGE since pre-k for the language service and now receiving an IEP. All in all we couldn't be happier with this school. The teachers and the staff are great. I meet with VP mrs Johnson and and the teachers and staff that's involved with IEP for one of my kids on the regular basis and can definitely say that I feel and always have felt that they genuinely care about my kids especially about my 9 year old who is receiving the IEP. All in all, we're very happy with this school especially with the level of special/individual services services this school and the staff is delivering to us.

Timber Grove is an amazing place. The administration works together to ensure that all students get the best education while growing. I find it to be a wekcoming environment as well.

Great school and awesome PTA!!!!! I'm very pleased with this school. My children are learning and the staff is dedicated to their success.

This year has been a great experience for both of my kids. They have really enjoyed their teachers and have been challenged academically. Mrs Miller has done a great job with the school as well and Mrs Johnson is wonderful! The PTA has planned some wonderful events and has a strong presence at the school....all are ALWAYS welcome! I have nothing but great things to say about Timber Grove.

Timber Grove Elementary is a wonderful school and I couldn't be happier. Mrs. Miller is a very receptive Principal and is willing to listen and respond. All you need to do is e-mail, call, or make an appointment and she will make herself available to you. Mrs. Johnson, our VP is also wonderful. The communication with teachers has improved tremendously this year and for 4th and 5th grade has been fantastic! Our PTA is fantastic. I am reading some of the comments listed below, and PTA is always looking for people to participate and be involved with committees. I am not in a "clique" and have never been in one at our school and remained very involved with PTA and have never felt that my ideas weren't welcome even though I didn't always agree with something. Come to PTA meetings, get involved. We need you and want you! I wouldn't transfer out of this school even if the opportunity was given to me. Keep up the great work TGE administration, staff, parents! Let's all ROAR for Timber Grove!

Very poorly run school. My kids went there in the 1990s and it was great. Now I have three grandchildren there and they all have had major problems from one being bullied in first grade to one walking out of the school and nobody noticing. It needs a major shakeup in the teachers and administration.

I'm sorry to report that the clique mentality hasn't changed in the year since the January 2012 parent review. It's most noticeable in the PTA, where new members are not welcome, and ideas that don't originate from the "in crowd" are only reluctantly considered. It's costing them lots of volunteer help.

When we first started I was truly horrified by how rude and unwelcoming the administration was. We can't afford private school, didn't make it into the Charter and were denied a transfer to another school. We were trapped. So I tried to make the best of the situation and I was invoved in the school as much as possible. Things are a bit better now, but time and again I keep seeing the clickishness of the PTA and the really really REALLY horrible lack of communication at the school. Teachers don't always talk to each other, the administraion doesn't talk to the teachers and the both almost never talk to the parents. I have no idea how this can be fixed, but until it is, this school is wasting so much potentional. They do have some great qualities, but it is often lost due to the lack of respect and no sense of community in the school. It has gotten better for me, but even still if I could - I would transfer my child in a heartbeat!. I just wish that someone would see these comments and realized that there needs to be some changes if they want to keep this school from continuing to drop in ratings.

Last modified Timber Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.