Bad
Good

Posted July 28, 2014
I am a student at OMHS and I will be a junior coming onto the 2014-2015 school year. People think our school is filled with gangs or a bunch of people that don't know what they are doing. But in all honesty, that is not the case. OMHS is progressing and I can see that. In every school, there WILL be a few people that are "clowns" and cool around but that's the reality. You cannot go to another school and not see that. OMHS has positive teachers that are enthusiatic about the students. The athletics are progressing. There are a lot of classes they offer and the teachers are becoming more and more positive and enthusiastic to push the students out of their comfort zone, and become greater and more positive students. So to those people who say "I will never send my kid to OMHS" because of swearing or because the athletics are not D1 ready or because it's not "good enough", well no school is perfect. But our school has character.

Owings Mills High School 2

Posted May 09, 2014
I am not sure if these people are paid to post some of these reviews or not, but I would never ever send my child to OMHS. The top 25% of students are great but unfortunately the bottom 25-50% bring this school way down. You must hear 100+ curse words ever period, most of the students are very disrespectful and do not even know it. The "lack" of a dress code is also ridiculous, I see more skin in the hallways then I do at Ocean City.

Posted April 09, 2014
I have been an OMHS parent for 7 years. The new principal and the assistant principals have high standards for all of the staff and students and the PTSA in more involved than ever! There are many opportunities for all students to become involved...a strong SGA, clubs, organizations, music, art, robotics, sports, theater, mock trials, and more! Just this week Owings Mills High was once again named as a Top School in the Nation by The Washington Post!

Posted October 26, 2013
My son is a freshman. The staff has done very well keeping me informed on his progress and adjustment to high school. The staff and students share a great school pride. AndThe counselors and teachers make the atmosphere exciting. My son loves it there.

Posted October 26, 2013
Owings Mills High School offers a "small school" atmosphere, but with the diversity of course selection that a larger high school might offer. The administration is energetic and truly interested in bettering the school and keeping the students interested and involved. There is a new group of young, enthusiastic teachers who want to try different and creative programming and the administration is supporting them 100%. The reinvigorated PTSA is doing great things to keep parents well informed and involved as well. This school is "real life" with true cultural and ethnic diversity. My two kids have had an extremely positive experience at Owings Mills High School.

Posted October 25, 2013
This is my eighth year as a parent of a child at OMHS . And it's going to be sad when my child graduates in may . The new principle is awesome and the new athletic director has some big refreshing ideas . The upcoming years are going to be exciting , wish that I was going to be around to see it happen .

Posted October 25, 2013
My boys absolutely love Owings Mills HS. Are amazed at how diverse the school is and how inviting the students are. The love that they have several club options. They also are very happy with the teachers. I personally love the PTSA involvement to make sure parents are kept informed. Also when I email a teacher they respond! This is an amazing school and I am very glade we moved to Maryland.

Posted October 25, 2013
Owings Mills High School has so much to offer ! There are a lot of after school activities offered for different interests, diverse population with students from all over the world, friendly and caring staff that go out of their way to make OM a great place for all!

Posted October 25, 2013
I have been a parent here since 2006. Both of my children have gotten stellar educations. It is a place where a student can shine. The teachers are caring and very skilled. We are lucky to be part of Omhs.

Posted October 25, 2013
Owings Mills High School lives up to the motto of 'Excellence Through Diversity'. The school is a multi-cultural student body and I love the way the staff works together and goes above and beyond to ensure the success of their students. The staff support not only their students, but each other.

Owings Mills High School
124 Tollgate Rd, Owings Mills, MD  21117
Last modified Owings Mills High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.