Bad
Good

The teachers are very accessible and responsive to parents. They utilize Class Dojo to keep parents informed about homework and behavior, both positive and negative, on a daily basis. There is an active PTA that works with the teachers and families to offer affordable events and provides incentives to students for academics and character. I've been a parent for 5 years and have always been pleased with the environment and instruction. I do wish there was more parental involvement.

my son was punch in the aye by another student and the teacher forced him to say it that was an accident and that all was well this child make him bullies or griefers and i told the principal and she did not do anything

I must admit I was skeptical when the boundaries were changed and I found out my son was going to Flintstone. I had read previous reviews. I am very, very pleased with the outcome though. Flintstone is a great school. My son has been on the honor roll since starting school in Kindgergarten and has continued that great progress even after being moved to a new school. Homework was given every night and there was a lot of welcomed interaction between my son's teacher and myself. I believe as parents we must interact with the teacher so that we can enforce what is learned in the classroom. I have noticed that the principal has toned down the wardrobe and it's very appropriate now. She and the Vice Principal always participate in events with the children. All of the students at Flintstone seem to have a great relationship with the teachers, and staff. The atmosphere is very family oriented and friendly. Flintstone is on it's way UP UP UP!!!

This is a very friendly and family oriented school. I can't believe some of the reviews! The principal is a very nice, down to earth administrator who is not stuffy. She dresses appropriate for this day and age. Students can easily relate to her and the teachers. My child had no problem at this school, had plenty homework and classwork . She seemed to excel, especially in reading and math.

This school is absolutely horrid. There's rarely any homework given, the office staff with the exeception of one woman are the nastiest group of Administrators I've ever encountered at a school. I mean they made my head spin. The Principal dresses like a street walker which I find disturbing because I can only imagine the older children in the school will think Fishnet stockings, vented shoe boots a mini skirt and a blazer is perfectly fine for work. My children were forced to go here when they changed the boundries in our city and I practically begged to keep them at the school they were already attending because I already researched this school and was not pleased. We were denied and they had to spend a whole school year (minus about 2 months) at Flintstone. During the summer the County sent us, along with other parents who's children attended, a letter offering to let our kids go back to the school they were attending because of the low performance and test scores at Flintstone. You better believe we JUMPED at that opportunity. I'm still trying to break the lazy work habits my son learned during his short stint there.

Fabulous growth since 2003...Data driven school...Trained teachers..Smart student..

Last modified Flintstone Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.