Bad
Good

Glassmanor Elementary School 2

Posted February 16, 2011
Some of the teachers are great, but overall, the school is seriously lacking. The principal is well-intentioned but is so focused on doing things her way that she often overlooks what is best for the school and the children. The test scores, and overall quality of the education received, are low. I am amazed at how far behind this school is compared to schools in surrounding counties.

Glassmanor Elementary School

Posted January 20, 2009
When we relocated from California to Maryland it was quite a change for my 3 children. After being @ Glassmanor I notice that my kids opened up to a world of new experiences. The principal, teachers and staff were very informative and went the extra mile for all of the children @ Glassmanor Elementary. The best experience was the Multicultural Fair, Mother Day Event, Going to see the Globe Trotters @the Verizon Center and many other activities that involved the community. It also touched my heart when the principal gathered sponsors to donate school supplies and backpacks for children. I was one of the parents who could not afford to buy supplies and this really was a great blessing. It touches my heart to see a school like this to go over and beyond carrying for their children or should I say our children!!! Pay it forward

Posted December 23, 2008
After reading the reviews, yes the Multi-Culture fair was far the best school activity that I have been to. It taught the children to research about the different countries and cultures. They learned about food, dances, drinks, spices, and clothing etc... During this day each child carried a passport which they used to enter another country. Inside every classroom was another country. Everyone participated and enjoyed the wonderful food displays, the different culture dances, and learning about each culture through guest speakers and students. This was the best activity ever!

Posted August 03, 2007
I would like to give the best to this school. My granddaughter has went to 5 elem. schools and by far this is the one that she even liked. They taught her alot, she got to be in different things that they have. they special things for different holidays and times of the year. They have one particular event that was truly amazing called multicultural day. You would have to be there when they do it to understand what I am talking about because you can't explain how beautiful the scenes are from different countries.

Posted February 17, 2005
I have no negative remarks about this school, when myhusband registered my daughter the admin. staff were very professional and the principal was very pleasant although I needed special permission. I thought because of this I thought I'd get the run around, but it was a smooth experience and I have no regrets. Her teacher is the first teacher that my child has had that demands respect and not a pushover. My daughter has had behavior problems in the past, but because of the teacher she has I rarely get bad reports about her behavior.I feel blessed for her to be attending this school, especially since I have experienced Owens Road Elementary and their unprofessional attitudes! This is also the first school that offered so many extra curricular activities.

Glassmanor Elementary School 2

Posted August 16, 2004
We have not had a nice stay at Glassmanor. It is difficult to work with a principle that insist it her way or no way at all. Which to me is not always in the best interest as the children. My childs first school yr, I stayed in the school trying to get more understanding of the teacher , that was uncooperative, but I could understand why, so was the principle. We need stay that welcomes parents that are involved in the students productivity. Glassmanors staff displays this none. Luckily, my child was able to have a better techer the last yr, for 6th grade we are getting him out, look at the test scores!

Posted November 14, 2003
I like the school and the staff. My children have attended the school for the past 2 years and my kids love the school. I am considering letting them complete elemantary at Glassmanor.

Posted October 06, 2003
It is my opinion that this is one of the best elementary schools in PG county. I have dealt with a couple. The teachers here are great. They really show a care and concern for their students. A+.

Glassmanor Elementary School
1011 Marcy Ave, Oxon Hill, MD  20745
Last modified Glassmanor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.