Bad
Good

My daughter attended Oxon hill from kindergarten through 6th grade. She excelled under the,direction of their teaching staff on all levels. The principal made herself available to address any concerns that I had. The administrative staff members were always very helpful.

Oxon Hill Elementary School is a great school. The students are always ready and eager to learn. They are proud of their academic achievements. They work hard. The staff are encouraging and provides the support that they need. They encourage the open door policy. There are always scheduled (night) activities for the children as well as the parents every month . Parent participation is always great. Award Ceremonies are every quarter and are fully participated. I have enjoyed the past 5 years and I will truly miss the staff once we complete 6th grade next year. Ms. Best Goring always has a smile and loves her students and monitors them from start to finish. Go Roadrunners....

My daughter is currently in the Special Education Kindergarten class there. Her teacher is Ms. Moran and she LOVES her. I have to say that their specialized classes are GREAT for my daughter. They're small and provide little distraction on her learning. They also allow her to interact with the other students in general population (sorry, it sounds like jail but it's really not, believe me). My daughter's teacher is EXTREMELY thorough and knows a LOT about my daughter because she works with her just as I do. We work together in making my daughter's education our common goal. She came from Fort Foote as they don't have a special education class for children in Kindergarten. I read someone else's review about the lack of trips. They have changed that as of 2011-12. The kids go on many trips. They are extremely safe and I really like the open classes personally. I went to Fort Foote and am partial to them BUT their special education class isn't like Oxon Hill's. I feel that the staff is definitely up to par but I do agree that they place a little too much emphasis on testing. All in all, I do like this school and I give it a four out of five.

My son is going to the 2nd grade and he loves this school. The teachers are great as well as the other staff members. Mrs. Best-Goring is a wonderful principal, she does what most principals and other staff members fail to do, she puts ALL of her students first before anything.

Oxon Hill Elementary School has come a long way under the guidance of the new principal who began last year. School pride is in abundance. There are several afterschool activities. The children participate in a learning program after school. There are MSA Family nights. Families come to the school for activities and learning. The PTO has an exciting event each month for the students. Parents are able to socialize and become friends. Oxon Hill Elementary School has become a family. Kudos to the new principal!

Three of my children attend Oxon Hill Elementary School. I personally love the teachers and staff memebers! My children are doing great there. I am impressed with all the work and efforts that they place into each child to ensure that they get the proper educational assistance.

Last modified Oxon Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.