Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I love this school! We moved from Arizona to Maryland and they made my kids feel right at home! Every teacher I had the honor of meeting in my one year of having kids attend park hall was so kind and willing to reach the kids where they were. The teachers work their butts off and are so kind. They let me help out in the classes as much as I wanted and I never felt like I was putting them out. They kept me very well informed about the things the kids were doing in their classes and if they needed help with something. They had an app while my kids were there called class dojo and I loved it because it gives the kids point for doing well during he day but I was also able to see how my kids were doing through out the day on my phone so I was able to help them once they got home from school. The PTA does incredible work as well, they do once a month movie nights that were a high light for my kids. The office staff were always very warm and welcoming to me no matter what I had to go in there with. My daughter started pre-k here and by the time we left, half way through the school year she was already reading! I was so sad we moved, I miss everyone at park hall. This really is one of the best experiences I have had since putting my kids in school. I have zero complaints about this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I LOVE THEM! I never once had any complaint about any of the teachers ever. They always made my kids and I feel welcome and even loved. My kids teachers were very welcoming when I wanted to help in the classes and they never once made me feel like I was in the way or a burden

Amount of homework: no rating

When my son started kinder in Arizona they sent a packet of homework home every week and he has assigned things he had to complete every day. He liked that. I feel like there was not really enough for the kids to do in that aspect. I feel there could have been more structure and assignments for the kids to complete. not just well if you get it done sometime this month that's ok. I feel there was not a lot of accountability where that was concerned

Develops character: Strongly agree

The principle at Park Hall is amazing! He does not tolerate bullying at all, in any form. my kids were always told to tell the truth when they were here and it has even rubbed off on how they act when they are home.

Park Hall has been a great school for us. Our daughter had been through 2nd, 3rd, and currently 4th and we've had zero issues with school or staff. If situations arise, it's all how you deal with them. Every school will have them, no matter how "fancy" the area is. As a parent who believes in great education and communication between teacher and parent, I give Park Hall 5 stars.

I echo another reviewer who said you might have a great opinion of this school if you have never been anywhere else. I have had kids in six different elementary schools in three states. This is by far the worst. This was the first place my daughter experienced bullying and theft. I did like their monthly ceremony for kids who exhibited that month's positive quality. However, the overall education quality was minimal, at best. I don't know if the problem was the administration, Maryland education system (which I found to be horrific), or the demographics of the area, but I believe that one or all of these issues were the problem(s). I do not think the teachers were the problem. The ones with whom I had communication definitely had their hearts in the education effort, but their efforts were far outweighed by the rest.

Park Hall Elementary School is so accommodating and supportive to my child who started school almost 2 wks late due to military move. The staff Ms Bailey(?) who was in the front office that day helped us and was so nice when I registered my daughter, as well as the rest of the Administration. Also, i would like to commend her 1st grade teacher, Ms Powell who made my daughter felt at ease on her first day. The staff from the drop off and pick up were so caring enough to make sure she knows her way to the cafeteria and to her room. This support and care from Park Hall Elementary School really means a lot to us.

Teachers are great.. Libriaian isnt so much.. but we love this school.. Very parent friendly. Always there to help. My daughter loves it. You are always in the know with everything that happens. Park Hall is great.

My son has been attending this school this year and so far it has been GREAT for him. He loves going to school. His teachers are great and not to mention that 3 months into school he is already reading!!! Very happy with this school and the staff!!!

My child attended this school for 2 years, and I can't say enough good things about the school. I was extremely nervous, having heard some bad comments, and also having a previous bad experience at a different school in a different state. However, this school was nothing but a positive experience for my child. Everyone she came in contact with was extremely polite, and caring. She even called it her other family.

Last modified Park Hall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.